Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 2:05 am

Thanks all, points posted this morning but still not EQ. 😂
Old May 13, 2017, 1:48 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
So I got a response from E-rewards in re: my complaint to the Texas AG. They claimed that they suspected my account was engaged in unauthorised activities, but lifted the ban after further review of the account. I guess their legal counsel was upset by my charge of "theft of services;" however, their surreptitious account closure process was tantamount to that. All is well and good now, and I don't expect further issues.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alben
I have been a member of e-Rewards since 2006. I have not had any problems with them, except that some of the surveys seem to ask you a lot of questions and then screen you out. Really? After answering some key questions in the beginning the survey logic should be able to screen a person out much sooner. <snip>

I answer the surveys truthfully and honestly, like I should. Also you can tell that there are questions to verify that you are actually reading the questions.

I'm seeing more of this and I'm getting really tired of it. I sent a note to Customer Service on it and got back a form e-mail with a link to FAQ which did not address this issue.

I answered some excruciatingly personal questions on a health issue I have and was kicked out after I answered a question on what type of health insurance I had. I viewed a video of a potential Sargento Cheese commercial and supplied thoughtful text comments and then got kicked out. I've gone through screens and screens of various brand names, asking which I recognized and what I thought of them, and then gotten kicked out. Since the survey providers seem to control the survey software (each uses different formats, platforms, etc.) I'm guessing that they get to keep all the input even if they kick you out and give you 25 cents. To me, that's stealing my work. I wish e-Rewards would pay more attention to how and when their clients' surveys kick people out.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Anyone else have a family Hilton Honors account? I don't know if they still offer them, or if they started again, but years ago, I combined mine & my husband's accounts into one household account. However, my name shows when I log in, but if I call and ask, they will tell me that my husband is on it as well.

He has an abundance of e-rewards points and I thought I would transfer some to keep my HH account alive. My concern is that the names won't match when they do so and I'll lose the points, or worse, have my account shut down.

Anyone else in this situation who has done it successfully?
Old May 16, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Generally you can change the name of your e-rewards account, redeem, and when the points post you can change the name again if you wish.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks. But with all the cancellations, I don't want to do that.

I did hear back from them. They said because I'm primary on the HH account, I can't redeem from his account into it. Doesn't make sense, because it's a family account, but I have gotten so many weeks of cars for free that I don't want to mess with e-rewards.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:21 pm

Just redeemed for IHG and no more mobile phone verification? Let the floodgates to multi-accounts open again?

Can anyone else confirm that mobile verification is turned off?
Old May 17, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nomii
Just redeemed for IHG and no more mobile phone verification? Let the floodgates to multi-accounts open again?

I think the verification is once per account, so if you did verify yours, it will not ask you again. May be wrong though...
Old May 17, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The other programs I do, the verification links the account to the phone number and stays linked.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by nomii

I redeemed for Hilton points 2 days ago and I had mobile verification tho that was my first redemption since the mobile verification feature was turned on
Old May 20, 2017, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
I don't think you can use a number from another country... The form had the country code (1 for USA) preselected, so if you enter another number you will not receive the code.
Just did an Honors reward and was phone verified. Points showed up in 15 minutes.
Old May 20, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Anyone else have a family Hilton Honors account? I don't know if they still offer them, or if they started again, but years ago, I combined mine & my husband's accounts into one household account. However, my name shows when I log in, but if I call and ask, they will tell me that my husband is on it as well.

He has an abundance of e-rewards points and I thought I would transfer some to keep my HH account alive. My concern is that the names won't match when they do so and I'll lose the points, or worse, have my account shut down.

Anyone else in this situation who has done it successfully?
a few months ago I tried to redeem some of my e-rewards to my wife's AA account, and was rejected as 'the e-rewards name did not match the aa account'
Old May 23, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
I think the verification is once per account, so if you did verify yours, it will not ask you again. May be wrong though...
I have just redeemed for the 2nd time on one of my accounts today and it just asked for my number again for a new Code?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:32 am

Really interesting podcast from Freakonomics on why economists don't trust survey data. Makes one wonder that companies are willing to pay for survey data at all.

Note, the title of this podcast is a bit odd, but the premise is basically what are people googling.....
Old May 23, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Really interesting podcast from Freakonomics on why economists don't trust survey data. Makes one wonder that companies are willing to pay for survey data at all.

Note, the title of this podcast is a bit odd, but the premise is basically what are people googling.....
Because of some of the posts in this thread, I don't trust survey data either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.