Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:27 am

henkybaby I think you will find that there is talk of an extension of the opening hours for certain days to deal with the late evening flights.

But compare these times with the standard opening hours for this lounge of 24 hours per day!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Not a connection I am looking forward to, but that's life when you buy a business class ticket to HKT for €750...
Enjoy HKT, as well/
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by AVIATORPJ
Enjoy HKT, as well/
Thank you. I have no doubt I will. ^
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
I have a long layover in ARN. Arrive on KLM at 16:35 and leave for DOH at 21:30. I am a BA Gold (OWE) and was wondering if I can only use the lounge in T5 (at F concourse I believe) or can I also use the Menzies lounge that BA uses in T2?

I remember the T5 lounge from a while back and I believe I hated it... ARN is a small airport, so it should be an easy walk. Don't know if you can get from T5 to T2 via airside though.
Thanks guys. Looks like the lounge is open 24/7 and it is not the best place in the world.
I did BA to QR on separate tickets at ARN in November, so similar situation. The T5 lounge is nothing special, but quiet, with fast wifi, and absolutely fine to pass the time until 21:30. No worse than the T2 lounge, but definitely much quieter on a weekday evening. Not sure if they separate arriving Schengen pax, but you can't get to the T2 lounge if you arrive on BA. T5 lounge is definitely NOT open 24 hours, as the lounge dragon was switching off lights and shutting everything up as I went to board (always the last...). It is used by non-*A, non-Schengen flights, so will be open for those

There is an airside bus, I believe, but it's a pleasant 15 minute landside walk (inside the terminal) from T2 to T5, going via T4 and various shops and eateries, with nice views of the tarmac. Fast track security at T5 is very fast at that time of night, so no hassle
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
ADL Lounge

I recently flew ADL - DOH and spent a couple of hours in the QF lounge. It is huge (perhaps even bigger than the QF Domestic lounge at SYD) and, despite some poor reviews, I was very happy with it. Lovely, friendly staff and a good, attended bar. Only downside is that it does not have apron views.

ADL itself is a lovely and bright terminal. Don't worry about the lounge being in the domestic part of the terminal. To get to the international area there is a hand baggage x-ray (for liquids) and then e-gates for passport control. The exit card is dropped in a box as you exit the e-gate. The whole domestic to international process took about 3 minutes.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:23 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Too tired to trawl through all the hundreds of replies so apologies if I've missed this but QR gave us a lounge invitation to the Plaza Premium lounge at KL. I'm not overly impressed to be honest, the chair I'm sitting on has a few rips in it, the wine offering - a Chardonnay - is a bit crap and boarding pass has to be shown to receive it free of charge, but there's a nice view over the apron.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:08 am

You're also free to visit the MH lounge which accords with your FFP status and/or cabin of travel. If you're in Business but do not have Emerald status, you can go to the MH Business lounge - perhaps marginally better.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Never mind. I can't read.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by LadyB
Too tired to trawl through all the hundreds of replies so apologies if I've missed this but QR gave us a lounge invitation to the Plaza Premium lounge at KL. I'm not overly impressed to be honest, the chair I'm sitting on has a few rips in it, the wine offering - a Chardonnay - is a bit crap and boarding pass has to be shown to receive it free of charge, but there's a nice view over the apron.
See 10 posts up

The PP lounge may be underwhelming, but the MH lounge is not much better

Originally Posted by stargold
You're also free to visit the MH lounge which accords with your FFP status and/or cabin of travel. If you're in Business but do not have Emerald status, you can go to the MH Business lounge - perhaps marginally better.
Depends which QR flight. For the late night and morning QR flights, the MH bar is closed. And for the 2am flight, the catering in the MH lounge has been all cleared away. So you get the ripped seats, but without the Chardonnay, and only whatever leftover hotplate food hasn't been eaten from earlier in the evening - it's not replenished. Mmmm...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Dear fellow fliers!

I have a long layover in ARN. Arrive on KLM at 16:35 and leave for DOH at 21:30. I am a BA Gold (OWE) and was wondering if I can only use the lounge in T5 (at F concourse I believe) or can I also use the Menzies lounge that BA uses in T2?

I remember the T5 lounge from a while back and I believe I hated it... ARN is a small airport, so it should be an easy walk. Don't know if you can get from T5 to T2 via airside though.

Flight is early March. Thanks in advance.
Why not use the oneworld lounge finder,which states very clearly that the Menzies lounge is for BA,AY and AB pax only?
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/ARN/-1
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:07 pm
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by kt74
See 10 posts up

The PP lounge may be underwhelming, but the MH lounge is not much better

Depends which QR flight. For the late night and morning QR flights, the MH bar is closed. And for the 2am flight, the catering in the MH lounge has been all cleared away. So you get the ripped seats, but without the Chardonnay, and only whatever leftover hotplate food hasn't been eaten from earlier in the evening - it's not replenished. Mmmm...
We were on the flight that departed at 02.05, anyway, I just had the one glass of crap Chardonnay 😀
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Irvinewelsh
This so called lounge has been temporary for some time.
Its a roped off area with not enough seats at busy times and very limited refreshments. ITS A JOKE.
I used this HKT lounge a few weeks ago. Maybe I was lucky because it was not crowded (Saturday early evening) but I thougt it is ok. I was quite impressed by the quality of the food you can order from the menu and which they carry over from the restaurant/bar on the opposite side. I had much worse food in much fancier lounges.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Can QR Platinum flying J use BA First Lounge at JNB?

We are QR Platinum Members flying on Business out of JNB on a regular basis. Not particularly fond of the Bidvest Lounge QR uses and have used the BA First Lounge a few times. Yet, each time we are met with an initial `no' before being allowed in reluctantly after explaining to the lounge guards the OWE rules. Does anyone know if we can or cannot use the First Lounge?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:46 pm

BlueEgg according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/JNB/-1 access to the BA lounge is "Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline." by eligible means "Business Class / First Class / Sapphire Tier / Emerald Tier".

Note the ambiguous wording 'access to the BA lounge' since the OW entry just says "British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounge" as one lounge, not as two.

These two posts belong in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post27954337 thread where many more members will benefit from you question.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
For the evening departure (that coincides with the BA flights), I have always used the BA F side of the lounge with no problem at all. JNB regular here too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.