Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Syrah
Thank you both:-)) The tickets are separate, yes. I'll try the online check-in and see what it looks like. I don't think that they'll check the bags through, no...

In case we decide to visit the aquarium, how do we get there (will fly this Wednesday, so hopefully lines aren't too bad)? Taxi?

In case we decide to just hang out at the airport, is it hard to find spaces there where one can also hook up a laptop and other electronics? I have never flewn via CPH so far, so not quite sure what to expect there. Denmark, like Germany, isn't particularly known for being service-oriented...
Take the metro 1 stop from the airport, and then it is 650m walk from the station according to Google.

Landside there are not too many places to sit. However, cross the road to the Hilton and have a cup of coffee in the lobby, then you can sit comfortably and charge your electronics.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:18 am

Syrah as CPH-Flyer says you can take the Metro just one stop and then walk from there, or it is only 1.8km to walk from the arrivals hall or if you are three or more then a taxi may be better, faster and cheaper. To quote denblaaplanet.dk "Free wireless internet is available throughout the aquarium."
Old Oct 10, 2016, 3:01 pm

URGENT REQUIRE Lounge meet up Master Thread

REQUEST 12-OCT-2016 / 11:30AM TO 12:30PM / DOH /Sohaib Najeeb Minhas
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
CDG Lounge

When I checked in last week at CDG I asked when the new lounge would be open and the lady, after much hesitation, said "maybe end of the year". I immediately countered with "which year?" to which there was no response. Salon Galaxy reliably lived down to its dismal standards.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:01 am

Qatar uses the Menzies lounge at Windhoek Airport. It was pretty decent. Drinks, hot lunch and some African snacks. Not a big lounge though.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:45 am

EvD86 is the Menzies lounge the same as The Amushe Lounge?
according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access QR uses The Amushe Lounge. The lounge is for use of BA and QR passengers only because it is a third party lounge. Guests are probably not admitted.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited the Aspire Lounge at CPH which QR uses. Space wise it's quite nice even if the furniture choices are a bit odd. It is next to the kids play area in the terminal and the soundproofing isn't very good though. Food options were an onion and leek soup, breads, cold cuts, cheese and some form of pate plus nibbles. Alcohol choices were pretty weak, low shelf brands of gin, vodka, scotch and whiskey.

Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Just an FYI

Contrary to the old wiki and what's listed on the website, QR seems to be using the Plaza Premium lounge at KUL now. I thought it was just for the 2am flight, when the MH lounges are still open, but all the catering has pretty much been cleared away; but some other people I know were on the 8pm and it was the same story

Obviously you can go to the MH lounges because of OW, but I wouldn't bother unless you are a OW Emerald on the 8pm flight (in which case you can go to the a la carte dining room in the MH Plat lounge). The PP is pretty tired these days, but not as tired and busy as the MH lounges...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Dear fellow fliers!

I have a long layover in ARN. Arrive on KLM at 16:35 and leave for DOH at 21:30. I am a BA Gold (OWE) and was wondering if I can only use the lounge in T5 (at F concourse I believe) or can I also use the Menzies lounge that BA uses in T2?

I remember the T5 lounge from a while back and I believe I hated it... ARN is a small airport, so it should be an easy walk. Don't know if you can get from T5 to T2 via airside though.

Flight is early March. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:36 pm

If Menzies is only contracted by BA and not QR, then you will only have access to it when your next flight is BA, not QR.

It would be different if the lounge you preferred was operated by a oneworld carrier, but for third party lounges, you must fly the airline which has the contract.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Dear fellow fliers!

I have a long layover in ARN. Arrive on KLM at 16:35 and leave for DOH at 21:30. I am a BA Gold (OWE) and was wondering if I can only use the lounge in T5 (at F concourse I believe) or can I also use the Menzies lounge that BA uses in T2?

I remember the T5 lounge from a while back and I believe I hated it... ARN is a small airport, so it should be an easy walk. Don't know if you can get from T5 to T2 via airside though.

Flight is early March. Thanks in advance.
To answer the other part of the question for another time when it will be relevant, there are airside busses connecting T5 and T2. They operate on a call basis, there is a call button to press. With no regular schedule it is a bit mixed how long time it will take.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:09 am

henkybaby following on from stargolds post if you look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access for ARN you will see that you only have access to "Stockholm Arlanda Lounge" because all lounges at ARN are third party lounges. You should also consider the conflicting opening times given for the lounge!
The Oneworld lounge page is usually very up to date and accurate. But it has slipped a little in recent months.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:51 am

Temporary Lounge at HKT

This so called lounge has been temporary for some time.
Its a roped off area with not enough seats at busy times and very limited refreshments. ITS A JOKE.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by remdk
henkybaby following on from stargolds post if you look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access for ARN you will see that you only have access to "Stockholm Arlanda Lounge" because all lounges at ARN are third party lounges. You should also consider the conflicting opening times given for the lounge!
The Oneworld lounge page is usually very up to date and accurate. But it has slipped a little in recent months.
I believe the three hours prior to departure opening time is probably correct (albeit I last flew QR out of ARN over a year ago!).

Bear in mind also that unless you make it to the QR check-in desk before the 17.10 flight closes (which doesn't seem likely given the 16.35 arrival) you won't be able to check in until three hours prior to the 21.30 departure time if you have luggage to check.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Thanks guys. Looks like the lounge is open 24/7 and it is not the best place in the world. Maybe they won't allow me entry until 3 hrs before the flight but I will use my boyish charm to get in (hopefully). As I read it the lounge limitations are only for a certain period, after my flights. I am HBO, so no problem with checking luggage.

Not a connection I am looking forward to, but that's life when you buy a business class ticket to HKT for €750...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.