Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by wripro
Thanks , remdk. I'm flying J so probably the BA Galleries Club Lounge, right?
Are you on one of the evening flights? The BA lounge only opens at 16h00.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
Are you on one of the evening flights? The BA lounge only opens at 16h00.
No, my flight departs at 14h00 so guess I'll miss it. Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:40 pm
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Thinking ahead to February next year, is there a lounge at HEL for QR business class passengers to use prior to departure?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 1:55 pm

LadyB according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access there are three lounges available to OW passengers at HEL. Which one QR will use is not stated.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by AndyGFLees
M,

Thanks very much. It would be a great start to the trip if I could be one of the first to use it.
When I asked about CDG QR lounge at check-in 3 weeks ago they where pretty evasive about the opening date being sometime late this year. So don't expect anything in 4 weeks.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
When I asked about CDG QR lounge at check-in 3 weeks ago they where pretty evasive about the opening date being sometime late this year. So don't expect anything in 4 weeks.
Matt,

Thanks a lot. Do you know if Business Class travellers with Qatar are able to use the Star Alliance Lounge. I appreciate that Qatar are part of One World, but their web site (One World) implies that I could.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:36 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Matt,

Thanks a lot. Do you know if Business Class travellers with Qatar are able to use the Star Alliance Lounge. I appreciate that Qatar are part of One World, but their web site (One World) implies that I could.
QR passengers are granted access to the Salon Galaxy Lounge only.

M
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR passengers are granted access to the Salon Galaxy Lounge only.

M
M,

Can you explain how I have intepreted this wrong then:

Oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers.

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

and on the list of lounges in CDG, on the OneWorld web site, is the Star Alliance Lounge.

Thanks,

Last edited by AndyGFLees; Jul 17, 2016 at 8:02 am
Old Jul 17, 2016, 7:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
M,

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

and on the list of lounges in CDG, on the OneWorld web site, is the Start Alliance Lounge.

Thanks,
Your interpretation is correct- no issues with that.

With regards to the info provided on the website, that may well be the issue.

Unless things have changed since my last jaunt through CDG, 2 weeks ago, the Salon Galaxy is the Lounge you will be granted access to.

M
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:03 am

M,

Thanks a lot, I may just try anyway.

I will update the thread.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:20 am

AndyGFLees note that https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access also states " Lounges operated by third parties are identified in the lounge finder tool (above). Access to these lounges is restricted to eligible customers when travelling on specific oneworld airlines as shown in the lounge finder tool." The Star Alliance lounge is a third party lounge with whom Latam have an agreement.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:22 am

M,

and on the list of lounges in CDG, on the OneWorld web site, is the Star Alliance Lounge.

Thanks,
For the contract lounges (i.e. not operated by a oneworld airline), you only gain access to that lounge when travelling on the airline which has specified that lounge as its contract lounge.

On the oneworld website, the Star Alliance Lounge at CDG has the logo for LATAM airline next to it. This means that you will only get access to this lounge when travelling on LATAM.

Similarly, because QR is the only airline which has contracted to use AF Salon Premiere, you will only get access to that lounge when travelling on QR, not any other oneworld airline.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:56 am

Thanks both.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:04 pm

Using No 1 traveller lounge at Birmingham in transit

Is there any chance that I could use the Birmingham QR business lounge NO 1 Traveller when arriving in J QR and waiting for my flybe flight? I will have to check baggage and come back through to departures
Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:18 pm

Jerseylily https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access says about 'No1 Traveller Lounge' "This Lounge can be used by the following Customers: Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire Customers, First and Business Class Customers when traveling on Qatar Airways. No1 Traveller will also provide access to all oneworld Top Tier customers travelling on oneworld flights as per the lounge access policy."

This means that you must have PC silver, gold or platinum, OWS or OWE status or be departing on a QR/OW flight in J to gain access. If you are none of the above then there is no access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.