Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:04 pm

Anyone tried the new lounge/s yet?

Last edited by segra; Feb 29, 2016 at 1:46 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:56 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I'm next flying QR on the 14th. Looking forward to checking it out.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by segra
Anyone tried the new lounge/s yet?
Someone that flew on Sunday said the lounge is bad compared to the first/business class lounge in Concourse C. He said there was not any hot food and it is very small compared to the first class lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:26 am

Pic's from the Qatar Lounge

Champagne = Lanson
Food spread - humus, chicken skewers, carrot cake, chocolate cake
Attached Images      
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Looks a little similar to the LHR QR lounge
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:43 am

can anybody explain exactly who gets access to these DXB lounges?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by timbrot
Champagne = Lanson
Food spread - humus, chicken skewers, carrot cake, chocolate cake
Thanks for the pictures! Im glad the lounge looks very very similar to the one in LHR--which I think is the best airline lounge ever.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by jman77083
Someone that flew on Sunday said the lounge is bad compared to the first/business class lounge in Concourse C. He said there was not any hot food and it is very small compared to the first class lounge.
Even smaller?? Wow...
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Even smaller?? Wow...
The new lounge looks a bit bigger in the photos.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The new lounge looks a bit bigger in the photos.
But it already looks tiny on the photos. So if it looks bigger on photos than it really is, it must be tiny.

Will also be there on the 14th and will check it out.

I assume the rest of the QR setup at DXB - i.e check-in in Terminal 1 - has not changed, is that right?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I meant the new lounge looks bigger than the old first class lounge judging by the photos in this thread. I don't have a DXB until later in the year so I will await your feedback
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: QR Gold
The Lounge doesn't have to be big; there are only 12 maximum First Class seats in an A320, which are most of the flights. True there are A330's and 777's, but the most seats they have is 24 or 42; so the lounge doesn't have to be as big as LHR.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by QatarA340
The Lounge doesn't have to be big; there are only 12 maximum First Class seats in an A320, which are most of the flights. True there are A330's and 777's, but the most seats they have is 24 or 42; so the lounge doesn't have to be as big as LHR.
I don't think its the number per flight thats the issue - I think it's the frequency of the flights which could well make the lounge busy.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:38 pm

I was at Qatar office in Dubai today and they said Platinums flying in any class will have access to new QR lounge?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:34 pm

BOSTON

Just booked BOS - AUH via DOH in Business. Does anyone know which lounge Qatar will be using?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.