Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by boarding_pass
Are there two PAGSS lounges in MNL NAIA T1? I believe the other one is Miascor lounge, where QR used to have contract with.

Re: boarding. I think the staff now is now making some real attempt to group passengers by row group. It makes the boarding quite faster than before. Good job to dnata staff.
I distinctly remember QR-branded lounge... It's definitely not the PAGSS lounge.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:12 am

BHX No 1 Traveller Lounge

Sitting in BHX No 1 Traveller courtesy of QR invite as flying J to JNB via DOH.

Had not really considered invite necessary as have PP card but lounge reception informed that turning away PP this morning.

Hearing increasingly of such elsewhere.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by radiata
Sitting in BHX No 1 Traveller courtesy of QR invite as flying J to JNB via DOH.

Had not really considered invite necessary as have PP card but lounge reception informed that turning away PP this morning.

Hearing increasingly of such elsewhere.
Indeed, Manchester T1 regularly has signs outside both PP lounges saying that only pre-booked/paid entry is allowed. I got caught out last week. So, I sat for 45 minutes in Pret with a nice sandwich instead
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:02 pm

As an update, Qatar no longer uses the Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge out of Chicago (ORD). They now use the Air France/KLM lounge.

There are no showers or even bathrooms within this lounge. However, food and beverage selection is a big step up from the Admirals Club (never tried Flagship).
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tda1986
As an update, Qatar no longer uses the Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge out of Chicago (ORD). They now use the Air France/KLM lounge.

There are no showers or even bathrooms within this lounge. However, food and beverage selection is a big step up from the Admirals Club (never tried Flagship).
Flagship at ORD, for food and drink, is poor - so you're not missing much by not having access to it!

M
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by boarding_pass
Are there two PAGSS lounges in MNL NAIA T1? I believe the other one is Miascor lounge, where QR used to have contract with.

Re: boarding. I think the staff now is now making some real attempt to group passengers by row group. It makes the boarding quite faster than before. Good job to dnata staff.
There are two PAGSS lounges. same concourse. The one to the right is for all other airlines that PAGSS supports while the one to the left is the one that is QR only (as per their signage).
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Search isn't throwing up any obvious results or I'm bad at searching but does anyone know if I can guest someone flying Qatar Economy into the Dubai lounge if I'm flying Business (marketed as First), I know they can't be guested into the proper business/first lounges in Doha but don't need to anyway.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: qatar gold
Well the Dubai lounge was closed Tuesday and Friday of last week so you'll be sent to the general lounge. Do you hold a status on QA?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:31 am

I am travelling through CDG in about 4 weeks time - has anyone got an update on the Qatar business lounge.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Not sure if this has been addressed here. What lounge does Qatar use at JNB? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:34 am

wripro according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access the "Bidvest Premier Lounge", but you probably should also be able to use the "British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounge"
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyGFLees
I am travelling through CDG in about 4 weeks time - has anyone got an update on the Qatar business lounge.
Air France Salon PREMIERE lounge
I normally book a cheap one way ticket on *A carrier from terminal 1 to use the *A lounges there as a *Gold member before my Qatar flight from terminal 1
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:37 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by AndyGFLees
QR are still using the Galaxy Lounge (the old Air France La Premiere Lounge).

The QR Lounge is being put together as we speak, and I'll try and talk to a colleague at CDG next week to get an update.

M
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:24 am

M,

Thanks very much. It would be a great start to the trip if I could be one of the first to use it.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by remdk
wripro according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access the "Bidvest Premier Lounge", but you probably should also be able to use the "British Airways Galleries First and Galleries Club Lounge"
Thanks , remdk. I'm flying J so probably the BA Galleries Club Lounge, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.