Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Currently sat in the Qantas lounge, so the wiki here saying the Malaysian lounge as well as the Qatar and Oneworld website saying it’s the Qantas lounge which, according to those two websites, shuts at 18:00, are all wrong in one way or another.

Maybe worth an update in the wiki?

Also the lounge is rather basic, currently offering tomato soup and plain white rice.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:39 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mcgol
Currently sat in the Qantas lounge, so the wiki here saying the Malaysian lounge as well as the Qatar and Oneworld website saying it’s the Qantas lounge which, according to those two websites, shuts at 18:00, are all wrong in one way or another.

Maybe worth an update in the wiki?

Also the lounge is rather basic, currently offering tomato soup and plain white rice.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
I think Qantas is keeping its lounge open (for a few hours before the QR flight departs) for QR solely, which may explain the toned down catering and service.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
For Canberra it is the Qantas lounge, it’s very nice, spacious and doesn’t get crowded. It is in the main domestic terminal which you go into once through security to the right. It’s approx 5 mins walk down to the international terminal where you go through international security and immigration so would suggest allow approx 15 mins from lounge to gate, however having said that, they announce flights in lounge
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
QR Paris Lounge

For anyone that's interested in viewing & getting a tour of the QR Paris Lounge, go to Airlive.net FB page or click on this link :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1972332709443441&id=486055274 737866

ps. They have a nice outdoor terrace.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:56 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Out of sheer curiosity, which would you guys spend more time in, the newly refurbished MH Golden Lounge (satellite) or Plaza Premium First at KUL? Considering check-in is strictly 3 hours before departure (departing KUL-DOH in J), will have to decide which lounge to spend more time in.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zsc
Out of sheer curiosity, which would you guys spend more time in, the newly refurbished MH Golden Lounge (satellite) or Plaza Premium First at KUL? Considering check-in is strictly 3 hours before departure (departing KUL-DOH in J), will have to decide which lounge to spend more time in.
For my money the MH lounge. Last time I was in KUL I visited the PP lounge, saw how small & crowded it was & immediately decamped to the MH lounge, & that was before the refurb.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Do we get access to the (outstation) lounges with a reward ticket (in Business Class) ?
Anyone been refused ?

Just thinking of latest changes at Hamad with reward tickets :-(
Old May 1, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Do we get access to the (outstation) lounges with a reward ticket (in Business Class) ?
Anyone been refused ?

Just thinking of latest changes at Hamad with reward tickets :-(
I think you are confusing award tickets with award upgrades. Award tickets should grant lounge access according to booking class, both at outstations as well as DOH.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Does anyone know if they still allow QR platinum members flying Y to acces to the TG royal orchid lounge first class section in BKK ?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Does anyone have A LINK for the current London Heathrow lounge food menus?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:14 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I will be traveling on Qatar Airways Business Class in March 2019 from MIA to Doha to Mumbai. I am an AA Platinum and will be on a AA miles award ticket on Qatar Business Class. Does anyone know what lounge will I have access to in Miami? Is it the Concourse E Admirals Club? or is it another lounge ? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:21 pm

The Club at DFW

FYI: the Qatar Airways lounge in The Club at DFW has no TV reception at all. If that’s important while you wait in Dallas, best to try the AA Premium Lounge instead.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Some
Akbar Al Baker spotted sitting in the Wing F which I suppose is sort of a QR outstation lounge, do I win a prize?! ��
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Akbar Al Baker spotted sitting in the Wing F which I suppose is sort of a QR outstation lounge, do I win a prize?! ��
Now there's someone I wouldn't mind chatting with for an hour.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I will be flying to and from SIN in August, I notice that this thread still lists the lounge in T3 as the lounge for QR, however QR now flies from T1 and therefore a much larger choice of lounges (BA and QF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.