Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
Jerseylily https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access says about 'No1 Traveller Lounge' "This Lounge can be used by the following Customers: Qatar Airways frequent flyers (Platinum, Gold and Silver), Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire Customers, First and Business Class Customers when traveling on Qatar Airways. No1 Traveller will also provide access to all oneworld Top Tier customers travelling on oneworld flights as per the lounge access policy."

This means that you must have PC silver, gold or platinum, OWS or OWE status or be departing on a QR/OW flight in J to gain access. If you are none of the above then there is no access.
That is very clear thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:59 pm

You can pay for access.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
You can pay for access.
Yes, and I can get a discount with my Virgin Flying club card. Don't we all love loyalty cards ?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
To clarify the post by remdk, the lounge access policies are for departing flights. It's not like BA or LX or LH when you can use the F lounge having arrived on an F flight and are in transit to a J or Y flight.

In any event the BE flights depart from Terminal 2 and the No 1 Lounge is in T1. QR arrives at T1 and baggage reclaim will be in T1. You will then need to walk to T2 (not far, and all indoors) to check-in for BE. All passengers then go through a common security area and into the Terminal 1 departure lounge (after the inevitable forced jaunt through the duty free shop) and then walk airside to Terminal 2 - there is no direct access from check-in in T2 to T2 departures).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:43 pm

M,

Any chance to speak to your colleague this week re the new Paris QR Lounge?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by AndyGFLees
M,

Any chance to speak to your colleague this week re the new Paris QR Lounge?
The current feeling is that the Lounge at CDG is still a bit of a way from being ready.

It is unlikely to be ready for your upcoming trip.

Sorry!

M
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:48 pm

Hello QR forum,
My mom is flying QR DFW-DOH in C-class.

QR website mentions "The Club at DFW" as the lounge.

She has NO status on any airline. Can she access the Admiral's Club using the QR boarding pass?

Also, If I understand correctly, she will not be able to guest in another pax traveling on AA (domestic USA)?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:01 pm

ft4lyf according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access the official QR lounge at DFW is 'The Club at DFW' but your mother may also use the 'American Airlines Admirals Club' since she is travelling in J.

OWE or OWS status is required to take a guest into a OW lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
ft4lyf according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access the official QR lounge at DFW is 'The Club at DFW' but your mother may also use the 'American Airlines Admirals Club' since she is travelling in J.

OWE or OWS status is required to take a guest into a OW lounge.
Ah great! Thanks for that.
Yes, I thought Status is required for guesting...but wanted to check. Thanks for confirming!^
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:16 pm

What is the better lounge at AUH for QR F passengers? Both Al Reem and Al Dhabi look pretty similar to me in the reviews.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ORD options are pretty awful.

- QR sends you to the AF Lounge which is tiny, overcrowded, has mainly packaged food save for some sandwiches in a refrigerator and has substandard liquor. The lounge also has poor Wifi and does not have its own bathrooms.

- I was able to gain access to the BA Lounge based on my J class ticket. It's not a much better space but it was at least emptier when I was there and they had slightly better food.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:45 pm

CDG Lounge

Hello Guys,

Any updates regarding the new QR CDG lounge? Traveling next month through CDG in F.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Okay, a question regarding lounges at Manila (MNL)

Apparently QR utilise the PAGSS lounge (which one person reviewed as possibly the worst lounge anywhere). While Malaysia use a separate 3rd-party lounge, there is also a JAL Sakura lounge in T1. Given that it is a OW lounge, does this mean that QR Gold+Plat can use it?

If not, then just another reason to fly from CRK instead...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:45 pm

InternationalLiving according to https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access the Sakura lounge should admit OWS and OWEs. But note 'Until last departure'! OF JAL presumably.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by lrhl28
Hello Guys,

Any updates regarding the new QR CDG lounge? Traveling next month through CDG in F.
I haven't called my chap at CDG for a couple of weeks, but last we spoke there was no further update - should be opening towards the end of this year.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.