Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by lbbzman
Last night around 2330 on the B side, there were three choices in the Executive Aisle: a Ram pickup, a Yukon XL, and a Mustang. I didn't want any of those, and the manager on duty hooked me up and gave me the Audi A8L. Best upgrade of my career. I saw as I was pulling away that they were beginning to pull Mercedes GLKs to the Executive Aisle.

Emerald Aisle was completely empty.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Damn...all i got was a Maxima
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:39 am

Hi any updates on MCO will be picking up Friday AM. Is the B side still the better side for Executive Aisle?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 2:11 pm
Company Representative - National Car Rental

Vehicles at MCO

kmt381,
We guarantee that the vehicles you will find in the Executive Aisle at MCO will be Fullsize or larger. When you arrive at the rental office if you are not satisfied with the vehicle choices, a rental representative will be happy to help you find one that fits your wants and needs.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Carol H.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:20 pm

Great, thank you for the top-notch customer service. Always appreciate National going the extra mile! Look forward to seeing your team later this week.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by skipster2k17
It's been a while since there's been any update on MCO Emerald/Executive Aisle, would someone mind doing us a favor and checking out inventory at MCO next time you're there? We're coming in from overseas soon for R&R and are executive emerald members and curious about possible selection. any help is appreciated...
Originally Posted by birdiedouble
I had a flight into MCO last Weds afternoon at about 3 with a reservation for a full size and arrived to find an empty booth, one Impala I think (that someone else was getting into) and a bunch of small SUV's and maybe a couple vans. After a few minutes an Enterprise employee strolled by and I asked her if I could get a full size. She sent me over to Alamao. One rep at the booth there and he was helping someone figure out a GPS. A couple of other people waiting and again after about 5 mins another Alamo rep shows up to help the next person waiting. She did ask if anyone had all their paperwork already and I told her I did and was looking for a full size. Said they didn't have any but asked me if I wanted a van. Declined that and she offered a Q50. Took that and once I got in it I could smell that someone had smoked in it. Normally I'd go back and get another car but I was going to put less than 100 miles on the car for 2 days so I just took off. Good luck!
Just an update, we came into MCO from overseas on Feb 6th with a ES reservation and were hoping/needing a large SUV or minivan. I had a backup minivan reservation at a competitor in case it didn't work out. However the day we arrived (arrived late afternoon) the ES and EA were flush with minivans and SUVs. The ES had newer/nicer minivans and 2 Lincoln Navigators and a Ford Expedition Limited along with a couple brand new chrysler pacificas. I saw a brand new Nissan Altima along with some other nondescript sedans. Another guy who was looking for something nice on the ES ended up something nice by talking to the alamo rental rep in the aisle next to the ES section, ahem... We took a brand new nissan quest minivan with just a few miles on it, worked out great for our family on long-term rental saving us a ton of money and had a very nice vehicle. I can't guarantee you'll see a nice selection there, have a backup rental somewhere else for the exact car you need just in case, however it worked out very well for us and has made us lifetime national car renters since I've always found the national fleet to be much higher quality than the other companies and you can't beat the ES and EA options. Thanks National, my family and I thank you for this, you saved us literally over $1,000.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:51 am

I have an Executive Area reservation hoping for a nice SUV, but in case there aint any I have a backup at Alamo for a midsize SUV. Alamo would cost me more than the National Executive so lets hope for the best.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by recreant
I have an Executive Area reservation hoping for a nice SUV, but in case there aint any I have a backup at Alamo for a midsize SUV. Alamo would cost me more than the National Executive so lets hope for the best.
What do you consider a nice SUV? This week on ES (B side) I've seen a QX70, an Acadia Limited, a couple of GC Limiteds, an Explorer Limited and there's generally also an Expedition, as well. I've omitted the ever-present Journey and Santa Fe that you can always find.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 3:07 am

Well, as I am from Europe I am not really familiar with the cars you mention but when I check the first one's they look very nice to me so that would be ok !
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by recreant
Well, as I am from Europe I am not really familiar with the cars you mention but when I check the first one's they look very nice to me so that would be ok !

The infinti QX70 is a mid size CRossover along as the GMC Arcadia and jeep grand Cherokee which is similar to in size of a BMW x5? The Ford explorer is a full size cross over and is bigger than those.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
I will be arriving in MCO and driving all the way up to Connecticut and back. Will be me, wife and daughter (5 years old) with 3 large and 2 small suitcases. Which car (from the Emerald Aisle) would be recommended (with enough room and a good mileage per gallon)? Thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:41 am

Why not drive to CT with the FL driveout and fly back?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by superbobx2
Feel like I really lucked out based on most of the thread. Agent just pulled in a red BMW X3 with less than 1000 miles to the emerald aisle and I took it. Later saw a white X3 on the executive side but I already snagged this one from the emerald aisle. Saw a pathfinder, a maxima along with other standard fare. This car is great though- nav and everything! Glad to snag this for five days after a bit of a rough flight with the little one. Good luck!
executives got an email 2-3 weeks ago saying X3's were being rolled out and free to use. Iirc, starting in May they'll be $20 up charge.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by DonCarpenter
Can anyone confirm the upgrade price for a Corvette? Is it $50 or $75? I know most locations you can negotiate a little, but my experience with this location is they're not going to do a single thing beyond the very minimum.
1-2 years ago the going rate for a Corvette Stingray Convertible at National was a $100/day upcharge which included unlimited miles. Not sure if that has changed with the new 2017s they received recently (I can confirm spotting one at National LAX also now and Hertz recently got a bunch in too).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: National Emerald Aisle
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Why not drive to CT with the FL driveout and fly back?
Auto Enthusiast,
Thanks for the reply!
I have no idea what this FL driveout is. But with 5 suitcases (I am not from US), air fare would be too expensive (I researched this and price for the 3 of us plus only 2 bags would be twice as expensive as the car rental including all insurances!).
Also, I need to stop at 3 different locations on my way back to Orlando.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hilton Hhonors, Marriott Rewards, National Emerald Club
I'm flying into MCO on Friday 4/21 arriving around 9:30pm. What type of SUVs do they usually have on the EA? Last time I was in MCO I was able to pick from ES (didn't make that status for 2017 unfortunately) so I was able to get a new Acadia.

I've heard mid/late April is a low season for Orlando since it's post-spring break so I was hoping that would be a decent enough selection, especially since I would be arriving late. I personally wouldn't mind a nice EA car (i.e. new altima or something) but the other half likes the SUVs so there we have it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.