Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:46 pm

I applied sometime in late 2010 and met the required spend within 2 months of that.

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Great question:

when did you send the message at which step:

Apply --> approved --> received card --> activated card --> did some spending --> hit min spend --> paid bill --> received points for spend --> received bonus points

At which stage did you send the message?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:48 pm

Has anyone tried applying for the 25K offer lately? The offer says it's no longer valid when you click "apply." Anyone have a working link?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by jperiod
Has anyone tried applying for the 25K offer lately? The offer says it's no longer valid when you click "apply." Anyone have a working link?
this is the link I have, but I have not tried applying yet.
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

Be sure to clear your cookies in your browser, otherwise it may redirect to a 10,000 pt offer.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I just applied and got approved through the 25K offer. Got the card this week and have only spent $100. I emailed customer servive through secure email and this is the response I received when I told them I had seen an offer for 75K right after I applied. I said it was offer #5894 and I would like to receive this offer vs the 25K I originally applied for. Here is the response I received within 5 hours:

Dear Mr. XXXX

I certainly understand your concern regarding the bonus points. Please allow me to assist you.

You’ll be happy to know that your Card is eligible for the better offer of 75,000 bonus points.

Therefore, I’ve noted your account with this information. Please reply to this email after charging $500.00 to your Card and we’ll issue 75,000 bonus points to your Membership Rewards account.

I hope this addresses your concern to the best of your interest. Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!

Sincerely, Faisal Khan Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

------------------

I already know we were not eligible for the targeted offer as we called before and were told we could not get it. I cancelled our Hilton Amex and then a few days later applied for the Gold Premier card....
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:52 pm
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
It took me three secure messages, but I did get the 75000 offer applied to my account. I applied about two weeks ago and already met the spending requirements. FT's collective wisdom comes through again. ^
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
No link for the 75k mile card, so applied for the 25K Premier Rewards gold card. Was instantly approved.

Link in post #153 only showed 10k so used link from "the points guy" to get the 25k.

Will ask membership to upgrade to 75k once once I get the card.

Thanks to all who contribute to the flyertalk forum for pointing out this bonus!
Old May 1, 2011, 12:47 am

I tried to call membership rewards to apply over the phone. Gave them the offer code and they found it, then transferred me to apply over the phone. the next operator wouldn't give me the offer. Called back to mem/rewards and they said they couldn't take my info, only the app department could take it.
Do you have to be an amex card holder already? Also does any amex card number work (I have a citi AA amex)?
After you apply for the 25K offer for $1000 spent, when you call up to get it changed to the 75K offer do you only have to spen $500 or the whole $1000?
Thanks
Old May 1, 2011, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by bodice22
I tried to call membership rewards to apply over the phone. Gave them the offer code and they found it, then transferred me to apply over the phone. the next operator wouldn't give me the offer. Called back to mem/rewards and they said they couldn't take my info, only the app department could take it.
Do you have to be an amex card holder already? Also does any amex card number work (I have a citi AA amex)?
After you apply for the 25K offer for $1000 spent, when you call up to get it changed to the 75K offer do you only have to spen $500 or the whole $1000?
Thanks
Send them a secure message thru yr online acct.
Old May 1, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Send them a secure message thru yr online acct.
I sent a secure message and was turned downed with the reason that this offer is for non-cardmembers only. (I do not have a Premier Rewards Gold card, but have other AMEX cards.)
Old May 1, 2011, 7:47 am
BAK

Programs: AA/HH/SPG Gold
Thanks
If you read through all the posts, you will see that almost everybody who succeeded applied through a 10K or 25K link first. After that you can start working with the MR department to get the 75K adjustment. Also, it helps to meet the 1K requirement asap. You just have to bite the bullet and hope it will work out.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:19 am
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by BAK
If you read through all the posts, you will see that almost everybody who succeeded applied through a 10K or 25K link first. After that you can start working with the MR department to get the 75K adjustment. Also, it helps to meet the 1K requirement asap. You just have to bite the bullet and hope it will work out.
I didn't want to roll the dice. It helped that I was already an existing Amex cardholder, so I was able to get my account noted by the Amex MR CSR BEFORE I applied. I just called yesterday to confirm that 75K points will post at the end of this statement cycle.

If you are an existing Amex cardholder, call first and talk to MR Customer Service BEFORE applying.

If you are new to Amex, looks you have no choice, but to apply first and find someone helpful in MR Customer Service afterwards.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by aap
I didn't want to roll the dice. It helped that I was already an existing Amex cardholder, so I was able to get my account noted by the Amex MR CSR BEFORE I applied. I just called yesterday to confirm that 75K points will post at the end of this statement cycle.

If you are an existing Amex cardholder, call first and talk to MR Customer Service BEFORE applying.

If you are new to Amex, looks you have no choice, but to apply first and find someone helpful in MR Customer Service afterwards.
Yeah, I tried that. They said they can't note my account, b/c I have no account yet to be noted.
I tried to apply for the 25k bonus through the links here and it does say 25k, but after I click "apply now" it changes to 10K. I cleared my cookies, any suggestions?
Thanks
Old May 1, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Yeah, I tried that. They said they can't note my account, b/c I have no account yet to be noted.
I tried to apply for the 25k bonus through the links here and it does say 25k, but after I click "apply now" it changes to 10K. I cleared my cookies, any suggestions?
Thanks
Oops!

I applied and got instant approval yesterday for the 25K, but I just tried and clicked on the offer again and it did changed to 10K. I have no idea to which I have been approved yesterday. Nonetheless I will call the membership rewards and if not upgraded do the secure message way. On my way to 75K!

I will update the thread with my case, if anybody is interested.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:29 pm
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Thanks
That's odd - I just noticed that as well. Here's the link that I used:
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141

Sounds like you'll have to sort it out with Amex MR after the fact. Just write down the name of everyone you speak to, so you have an audit trail. In my experience, Amex MR Customer Service is very good, and follows through with promises.
Old May 1, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by flyaaah
Oops!

I applied and got instant approval yesterday for the 25K, but I just tried and clicked on the offer again and it did changed to 10K.
Happened to me as well.. However, after clearing all the cookies (as suggested by another member), the offer of 25000 showed up on the second page as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.