Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: USAirways Gold, Delta Gold, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by aap
No, call the telephone number for membership rewards first, and they will capture all of the information regarding the special offer for you in the system. THEN, membership rewards adgent will transfer you to the applications department to finish the "temporary" 10K points Gold Rewards card. I say temporary because you'll get another 65K manually added to your account once you call membership rewards and tell them the $500 required for the promo has been spent.

The Amex app processing department and membership rewards departments are totally disjointed on this promo. The key here is to talk to membership rewards first and get their commitment on manually adding the points to your account BEFORE the apps department processes your application.
I've tried this several times now. I always call Membership Rewards, but even they say they can't do anything for me. Do you have the name and/or number of the rep you spoke with in order to get this offer?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Requested online with new code through secure message - 48 hours later 50K extra was added with a response. Awesome! Thanks for posting OP!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by omars007
Can someone confirm that this offer is available to a current AMEX platinum card holder, but does not have a gold card?
Anyone?
Old Apr 17, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Any ideas for someone who still has this card (with 25k promo) since late October 2010? I know it is a long shot but I am thinking of emailing them and telling them how "screwed" I feel for applying so early
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Any ideas for someone who still has this card (with 25k promo) since late October 2010? I know it is a long shot but I am thinking of emailing them and telling them how "screwed" I feel for applying so early
At least you got your 25K. I also picked up this card in late October, clicked through their link, and Amex is telling me there was no such offer in October and refuse to give me any miles. Do you have any screen shots or proof of your points with an October start you could PM to me? I didn't get screen shots on this deal.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
FlyingBoat: Sorry I do not! If you don't like what you hear, hang up and call again!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:01 pm

hi all, i received the amex premier rewards gold application with 75K bonus in the mail this past week.

question: i'm thinking of going for the 75K, transferring the mileage to my frequent flier program, and then canceling the credit card. any down sides to this, other than a (temporarily) lower credit score post-cancellation?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles | HHoners
Spoke with Rewards rep

So, after reading all the posting I called the Amex Rewards Center and this is what I got.

The offer for the 75k miles is for New Charge Card members and is valid from April 1, 2011 until Dec 2012.

I got my card in March of 2011, a month before the offer so only received 10k points. The representative told me that the system is not allowing him to give me the 75k points offer since I got my card in March 2011 and the offer was not valid until April 1, 2011.

Should I keep trying? Has someone who got the Amex Gold Premier Rewards card before April 1, 2011, able to get the 75K points offer?

Any help is appreciated, I could really use the 75K points.

Last edited by moibm; Apr 18, 2011 at 8:19 am
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Gold Card Virgins?

I have several Amex Credit cards but have never had the Gold card. Has anyone not targeted , been able to call and get the 75,000 offer?
I have read the thread.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:08 pm

I received this offer, but my girlfriend didn't. Tried calling the membership rewards to get her the same card, but didn't work out...

btw, some ppl referred to the recent (targeted) paltinum card offer with 100k miles. Was the first year fee waived in that one? If not, I'd say this one's a better offer....
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:08 am

I tried to call Membership Rewards about the deal and they wouldn't apply the deal to me. They said I needed to follow the instructions on the mailing and mentioned the code.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by alphabeta
btw, some ppl referred to the recent (targeted) paltinum card offer with 100k miles. Was the first year fee waived in that one? If not, I'd say this one's a better offer....
If you're just looking at the price per point, then yes, 75k for free is better than 100k for $450 or whatever the plat fee is. But if some of the plat card benefits are of value to you ($200 travel credit, club access, priority pass membership), then the plat card can be a much better offer.

Even paying $450 for the marginal bonus of 25k points (over the 75k for the free gold card) might be worth it for some folks.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k
Here's another data point..

I applied for the Gold card in late 2010 and got my 25K points. I called Membership Rewards (1-800-297-3276) and said I got the 75K offer in the mail and asked if I could just switch to the 75K offer. Lady put me on hold, then said she couldn't find it. I told her I had a bonus offer number of 5894. She put me on hold again for what seemed like ages (more than 5 mins). Then she said that I have to fax it in. I obviously didn't have the letter, but played it cool and said "ok, give me the fax number". She said "hold on while i get you a good fax number" then came back a few mins later saying "oh you don't have to fax it in.. i just added 50K points to your account"

And I just logged in to my MR account and saw my balance went up by 50K

Thanks for the tip!!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Starwood Amex holders?

Does holding a Starwood AX card somehow interfer with getting/asking for this offer?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Does holding a Starwood AX card somehow interfer with getting/asking for this offer?
I am curious too about who they are targeting. Did the people who got this offer in the mail already have an Am Ex? I tried to call and get the offer....they could not find an offer mailed to me or my husband and all the rep could offer me was 10K and no fee for the first year.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.