Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: CO, DL, AA, Amex MR
I'll try to get the Delta miles

Thanks, Cetacea, I'll call up Fidelity again and ask about the Delta miles. The rep I talked to yesterday maintained there was no miles program for existing accounts.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:54 am

Programs: UA, AA peon
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
So you got both delta and ua miles??^
yes, 15K UA miles for opening the acct in 1/09 + 25K Delta miles for adding money last month.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:14 am

Wow, moved 100k a week ago, got coded for 200 free trades in 2011, and already had the 50k miles hit my account! Nice post OP! THANKS!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:48 pm

How is new money defined on existing accounts for the delta promotion?

If I withdraw some money, register, and transfer it back will I qualify? Or is anything less than the previous high balance count as old money?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I know in their T&C, it says that you have to keep the amount funded in the account for 6 months. Has anyone seen Fidelity enforce this? I know a lot of people are withdrawing money after receiving the miles, but have they taken away miles from anyone?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I know in their T&C, it says that you have to keep the amount funded in the account for 6 months. Has anyone seen Fidelity enforce this? I know a lot of people are withdrawing money after receiving the miles, but have they taken away miles from anyone?
I took some of my securities out and they didn't take any of my miles back. I didn't take everything out because I want to also do the Delta deal for more miles (already got AA miles).
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:39 pm

I'm an existing customer and registered for the Delta promo; I asked them via secure message to confirm that my account was eligible, and they confirmed that I had registered for the offer and was eligible. I then transferred in the assets from Schwab (which took just a few days for it to be processed), and the miles posted to my Delta account just 3 days after Fidelity received the assets.
Fidelity makes this a simple, straightforward process.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:58 pm

I have read this whole thread but am still confused and don't see the answer anywhere. I have a Fidelity 401k (they're the only option offered me by my employer). I do not currently have nor have I ever had a non-retirement account with Fidelity.

Would I be considered a "new customer" for the purpose of this promotion? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by jsj5105
I have read this whole thread but am still confused and don't see the answer anywhere. I have a Fidelity 401k (they're the only option offered me by my employer). I do not currently have nor have I ever had a non-retirement account with Fidelity.

Would I be considered a "new customer" for the purpose of this promotion? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
I'm guessing you would. I see this for two reasons.

1) I don't think employer offered 401k's are considered retail accounts.

2) Retirement accounts as a whole aren't eligible accounts. So if you only had a retirement account according to this language "available to individuals who open a retail Fidelity brokerage account, or existing customers who add new money to an existing eligible account" then you would be ineligible under either criteria. You aren't new and you don't have an "existing eligible account"

As far as they are concerned you are still a "prospective customer"
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:18 pm

On a related note: are MySmartCash Accounts considered "brokerage" accounts? If they aren't, do assets transfered from a MSCA to a brokerage account count for this offer?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:59 pm

Are folks still able to recycle the deposits?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by cuetan
Are folks still able to recycle the deposits?
I'm curious too.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:01 pm

Thanks for this thread

I am a current Fidelity account holder. My plan is to deposit new money into an existing account to get Delta SkyMiles.

My question for you fellow FT'ers is this... for people that recycle deposits, are you able to simply deposit cash from your bank into the Fidelity account, then transfer from Fidelity back to bank etc? This is my only option as all my current stocks/mutual funds are in Fidelity already and my hope was that I could recycle transfers of cash between my bank and my Fidelity money market account.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:15 pm

fidelity

anyone close an account and reopen one? if so how long did you wait?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: CO, DL, AA, Amex MR
Denied Miles for Additional Money because...

I had gotten miles for a new account about 3 months ago, and was trying to add more money to that account in order to get Delta miles. They replied:
Our airline miles offers are limited to one per household. Since you have already received miles a few months ago you are not eligible for this one.
Has anyone gotten Delta miles on the same account that was opened with bonus miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.