Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

UPDATE - 4/10/2012

Pretty different scenario currently - see this post for the summary:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16588684-post929.html

UPDATE - 7/21/2011

I've basically re-written this post to reflect the current status of offers from Fidelity.

There are two types of offers at the moment: Offers for new customers only (the definition of "new customer" is a bit tricky and there is lots of info about that in this thread) and offers for existing customers adding new funds. Much has been written in this thread about ways to get multiple bonuses. I'll stay out of that in this post and just give the links to the current offers:

New Customers:

AA:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

United:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01

New or Existing Customers:

Delta:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

American Express Membership Rewards:

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...nexpress.shtml

All are for 50,000 points/miles. Clearly, it pays to be careful where you use your "new" status if you have no Fidelity account.

In the year since I originally posted, it seems that the Delta and now the Amex MR offers have become available to existing account holders. That means you can actually get a few of these deals, if you do it carefully.

The best info that summarizes the steps is HikerT's post here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16588684-post929.html

Currently, the Amex MR info is still in flux.

NOTES 12/31/11:

I believe the Amex MR is fully over.

I have started a TD Ameritrade thread to keep that related, but different, discussion out of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...us-thread.html

NOTE 3/5/12:

As I don't pay a ton of attention to this thread at this point, please send me a PM if there's a significant reason to update this initial post.

Last edited by josephstern; Apr 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm Reason: Added Notes
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:07 am

what are the tricks of fidelity -- do you really need to deposit 100k?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Essentially, in the past, at least, you have been able to deposit an amount, say $20K. Then withdraw $15K and redeposit it. Your base is now $35K. Then do it again and again to reach the threshold, all within, I think, 30 days.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Essentially, in the past, at least, you have been able to deposit an amount, say $20K. Then withdraw $15K and redeposit it. Your base is now $35K. Then do it again and again to reach the threshold, all within, I think, 30 days.
that is long gone. Some peeps did it with $4-5k to get 25k miles...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:25 am

the question is i did the 50,000 like two months ago and now only have 500 in the account. is it stupid to call up and ask to do the new 100,000 and say ill add a new 50,000 in the account? but i maybe shooting myself in the foot bec they may realize i took money out of the account when you are not supposed to
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by libuser
I did it in January for me and February for my wife. Gone since then?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tzvika01
the question is i did the 50,000 like two months ago and now only have 500 in the account. is it stupid to call up and ask to do the new 100,000 and say ill add a new 50,000 in the account? but i maybe shooting myself in the foot bec they may realize i took money out of the account when you are not supposed to
I'm curious myself. If you do it, please post! I guess you might be the sacrificial lamb, but I doubt they'd take back older awards.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:50 am

i dont like being the sacrifice the question to ask them if i put in another 50,000 would i the other 25,000 miles. i dont have another 50,000 but i would do the trick of rotaating in and out which worked for me and my wife two months ago
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG,UAL, NWA, AA
Originally Posted by josephstern
The terms indicate "Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account." Does this mean the full 100K needs to be in the a/c for 6 months? or is it that you reach the base at 100K then leave the a/c open for 6months?

Thanks for posting...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by tzvika01
It could be like airlines/airports - where you get one message (the official party line) on the phone, but what goes on in the airport is another matter. So maybe officially that's what the rules are, but actually goes on may be different.

Last edited by Jlove; Jun 26, 2010 at 3:26 pm Reason: computer was in a bad mood and posted without content!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Is there a way to get the bonus for the existing Fidelity customer? I wasn't into the "miles game" when I opened the account, so I've never received any miles from them. I tried to search but didn't find the answer, although I'm sure this question must've been asked before. Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:41 pm

just got off the phone with fidelity saying it is for a friend. he said he would lean towards yes that if you brought in new 50,000 capital you can get more miles but couldnt give me a definite answer bec i said it is for my friend and not me. he also said he would have to look at the account and to see how old it is plus other things which im not sure what it is. and that is where you can run into trouble with the extra miles. also, they would have to get a managers approval which you may not get if you pulled all your money out
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by spatel
The terms indicate "Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account." Does this mean the full 100K needs to be in the a/c for 6 months? or is it that you reach the base at 100K then leave the a/c open for 6months?

Thanks for posting...
Id like to know this as well...
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by libuser
long gone based on what? And can someone chare how long after they opened the account did the miles post? Lastly, has someone tried to do this for themselves and wife/husband and did it work for both of you (bonus miles)? TIA
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psyflyer
long gone based on what? And can someone chare how long after they opened the account did the miles post? Lastly, has someone tried to do this for themselves and wife/husband and did it work for both of you (bonus miles)? TIA
Well, I did it in January for myself and February for my wife. There are other reports that it's been done more recently. I think the other poster may be talking about some period of time before this year or something.

And, yes, we both got miles. Same home address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.