Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by uszkanni
NASD stands for "National Association of Securities Dealers." Evidently, Fidelity thinks that you are somehow connected to the brokerage industry. You might check over your account info or the docs you filled out when opening your account(s) to see if you indicated that you were employed by a brokerage firm or an exchange (NASDAQ, NYSE, etc) or have some other connection to the industry.
Thanks for the response. My account is certainly not this!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 3:59 pm

Just had an extensive heated argument with a supervisor over the phone who kept on insisting that I'm not eligible, because I received United miles 2 yrs ago. I hung up and went on to chat with a rep who confirmed that existing customers are eligible. Saved the chat log.

Now, I hope that arrogant supervisor did not put a note on my account regarding this to exclude me from this offer. Do you think it could happen? I was planning on transferring the funds this Monday.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
no hard credit pull for this right?
Can someone also confirm it is OK to transfer funds out before the 6 month?

thanks
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: CO, DL, AA, Amex MR
almost seems like once-per-lifetime miles

Originally Posted by friedice
Just had an extensive heated argument with a supervisor over the phone who kept on insisting that I'm not eligible, because I received United miles 2 yrs ago.
This is similar to my experience with trying to get DL miles for added money after opening an account 3 months earlier for AA miles. Although they don't explicitly say once-per-lifetime, but rather say only one offer per customer, it seems like you get bonus miles once, period.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:31 pm

How are you guys opening the account? I entered my information in the link given by OP, clicked submit button. Next page it says -
- - - -
Thank You
The information you requested will be sent to you within 5-10 business days via U.S. Mail or E-Mail depending on your request.
If you provided all requested information and meet the offer requirements*, you will earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles when you open and fund a non-retirement Fidelity brokerage account.
- - - -
Now do I need to wait to hear from Fidelity regarding opening the account?
Thanks

EDIT: never mind, please ignore. I received the email with link from fidelity to open online account. I just did that.

I have a different question now. I already have a 401k from my employer with fidelity. Now while creating the borkerage account, I logged in with my existing 401k login id and everything went smooth. Now its showing both my individual account as well as employer 401k account on the first page. Does the 401k funds will be considered for the AA bonus miles? or I need to add completely new funds ($25K) to get (15K) bonus miles? thanks.

Last edited by idlebrain; Jan 10, 2011 at 12:44 pm
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by idlebrain
How are you guys opening the account? I entered my information in the link given by OP, clicked submit button. Next page it says -
- - - -
Thank You
The information you requested will be sent to you within 5-10 business days via U.S. Mail or E-Mail depending on your request.
If you provided all requested information and meet the offer requirements*, you will earn American Airlines AAdvantage® miles when you open and fund a non-retirement Fidelity brokerage account.
- - - -
Now do I need to wait to hear from Fidelity regarding opening the account?
Thanks
follow the ling to open an account, if you have problem call the 1800 they are nice and will walk u through
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by idlebrain
Does the 401k funds will be considered for the AA bonus miles? or I need to add completely new funds ($25K) to get (15K) bonus miles? thanks.
Retirement accounts do not count, as stated in the T&C when you signed up:
"The promotion is not available for business accounts; retirement accounts including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); college investment trust accounts; 529 college savings plan accounts; annuities; Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc.(for example Portfolio Advisory Services) and clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments. Offer not valid for government officials, candidates for federal, state or local office, or union officials or employees, non-US residents or persons and members of their immediate families and households affiliated with or employed by FINRA or its member firms, Fidelity or its affiliates, a securities exchange or its members, or the media. Public officials or candidates for office may be subject to state or local gift laws. "
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Retirement accounts do not count, as stated in the T&C when you signed up:
"The promotion is not available for business accounts; retirement accounts including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); college investment trust accounts; 529 college savings plan accounts; annuities; Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc.(for example Portfolio Advisory Services) and clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments. Offer not valid for government officials, candidates for federal, state or local office, or union officials or employees, non-US residents or persons and members of their immediate families and households affiliated with or employed by FINRA or its member firms, Fidelity or its affiliates, a securities exchange or its members, or the media. Public officials or candidates for office may be subject to state or local gift laws. "
Confirmed this on the phone this AM too.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:25 pm

thanks all for your responses.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:26 pm

When miles post

I opened an account for AA miles a few weeks and was planning on trying to do repeated deposits to get to 100k. Put in 30k 2 weeks ago and no miles have posted yet and I know other said they received their miles within days??
I called Customer Service and they said that they could not access their system to check if I was registered for the promo and to try back next week???
Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by robbiesam
I opened an account for AA miles a few weeks and was planning on trying to do repeated deposits to get to 100k. Put in 30k 2 weeks ago and no miles have posted yet and I know other said they received their miles within days??
I called Customer Service and they said that they could not access their system to check if I was registered for the promo and to try back next week???
If the system monitoring this are down it might have something to do with your miles not posting.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:40 am

has anybody had any luck recently recycling money in and out to reach 100k so that you can get 50k aa miles. i knw it worked in the past but wanted t o know if anybody had any current luck?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:39 am

Just a brief reporting:

-I opened an account using the 50K miles (AA) for $100K deposit last week
-I funded the account with $100K depositing a check to my local branch
-The funds appeared on my Fidelity account in the begining of this week (mon or Tue)
-The 50K AA miles posted today (Sunday)

I will now transfer the funds back to my checking and reiterate with my wife!

Now should I leave $100 and leave the account open? (I don't have any use for this account)
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:49 am

I opened my account and funded with 25K (mix of cash + securities transferred from different trading a/c), today I see 15K miles posted in AA a/c. That was pretty fast and easy. Thanks all.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by david-alexis
Just a brief reporting:

-I opened an account using the 50K miles (AA) for $100K deposit last week
-I funded the account with $100K depositing a check to my local branch
-The funds appeared on my Fidelity account in the begining of this week (mon or Tue)
-The 50K AA miles posted today (Sunday)

I will now transfer the funds back to my checking and reiterate with my wife!

Now should I leave $100 and leave the account open? (I don't have any use for this account)
According to the terms of the AA promotion: "Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account." https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

I think you risk a loss of your miles if you close this account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.