[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG gold
Are there any reports of Fidelity offering AA miles as a courtesy to long-time brokerage account holders? I know the DL terms include existing accounts, wondering about my other options.
Thanks!

Last edited by mizwada; Feb 24, 2011 at 6:15 pm
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:24 pm

A few people reported that they spoke to representatives and they agreed to make a one-time exception and award them AA miles for deposit
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:45 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Anybody have a link to the TD deal for AA?
thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
thanks!
Here is a link
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by frank_10b
thanks!
It's better to use the TD Ameritrade Starpoints deal, as 20,000 Starpoints equals 25,000 AA miles.
Complete list of deals is in finance section on:
http://www.freefrequentflyermiles.com/index.htm
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:06 am

Well I just took the plunge on this deal...transferred in about $16k of stocks and $12k of cash. Think that's enough to churn for $100k in 90 days? If not, I may have to start borrowing money from family and friends and guaranteeing its safe return in 3 months
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:41 am

I signed up for the Fidelity AA deal on 2/2/11. At that time business accounts were eligible for the bonus. I set up a new account and funded it. I called today and the CSR stated the current offer does not include business accounts does anyone have a copy of an Fidelity offer that includes business accounts?

Thanks

Jeff
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I have two quick questions

1. Does anybody know the minimum balance to be maintained in a Fidelity account?
2. Is there any way of getting the TD Ameritrade bonus by depositing and redepositing?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mj12g
Well I just took the plunge on this deal...transferred in about $16k of stocks and $12k of cash. Think that's enough to churn for $100k in 90 days? If not, I may have to start borrowing money from family and friends and guaranteeing its safe return in 3 months
borrowing $$ from family and friends for FF Miles, sounds bad to me.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mj12g
Not sure if you can really churn the stocks. I've only seen mention of churning cash through there.

Certainly, the stock transfer counts once, but beyond that, I'm really not sure.

If family doesn't mind lending cash short term, sure, why not? Fewer round-trips in and out that way.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: Lotz
Will Fidelity take dollar coins for cash deposit?

Boy, would that make life easier.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Will Fidelity take dollar coins for cash deposit?

Boy, would that make life easier.
Fidelity doesn't take cash for deposit, let alone has a coin counting machine.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Just finished depositing $100K into Fidelity over four chunks of $25K starting last week. For some reason their online interface wouldn't permit more than $25K per day.

I noticed today my Delta accounts had 15K miles post on 2/26. Hoping the remainder will post this week then the money goes back to BankDirect.

Data point: I previously received 25K AA from Fidelity several years ago.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
I called Fidelity on the AA/Delta promo but was told a rep will have to call me back as it was unaware if I could qualify:
1. I am a current Fidelity account holder
2. I want to apply for the maximum mileage award in March 2011, which I assume is $100,000 for 50k miles? I assume I must transfer 100K total by March 31, 2011?
3. When does this promo end as Fidelity couldn't reference it?

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Besides trying to figure out ways around Fidelity's stated minimums and holding times, one of the most relevant quesstions is whether or not Fidelity would give a current customer the difference in bonus miles (50,000 - 25,000) if he/she agree to move more assets into his/her account.

Fidelity is known for giving miles bonuses to current customers who add to their holdings as long as they didn't receive any miles when initially opening the account.

Whenever interest rates start going up and make Bank Direct's miles offer less enticing, that may be a worthwhile option for many people.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn
I called Fidelity on the AA/Delta promo but was told a rep will have to call me back as it was unaware if I could qualify:
1. I am a current Fidelity account holder
2. I want to apply for the maximum mileage award in March 2011, which I assume is $100,000 for 50k miles? I assume I must transfer 100K total by March 31, 2011?
3. When does this promo end as Fidelity couldn't reference it?
1) As an existing account holder you officially qualify only for the delta offer. Some have gotten exceptions, but YMMV.
2) You have 90 days from registering for the offer to complete the deposits.
3) The current offer ends February 2012 - I imagine that applies to when you register, not when you complete, but the distinction seems moot at this time.

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.