[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Since I have an existing "individual" account I can start anytime after I officially sign up. I will probably just do the Delta 50k mile offer as the AA I am eligible for but the points would be award manually and the account watched by a CSR.

If I apply for Delta online offer I can do the rotating deposit concept.

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Good to know that Fidelity even allows this deal for existing account holders. Did you open a NEW account, or simple deposit $ to an EXISTING account?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by kyunbit
It seems like the depositing and redepositing method is not working for fidelity . This is what a chat prep told me "Agent: ..you have not funded your account with enough money to qualify for the offer. You can review the full details of the offer on this link:http://www.fidelity.com/aa"
Can we get a little more background? How big were your deposits? what time frame did you do them over, have you ever had a fideity account before registering for the AA miles promotion?

Thanks john

Also im doing mine in about 10k chunks, i will cross over 25k on monday so we will see what happens with me.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG, United, BA
Hey can anyone confirm that withdrawing and depositing works?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by ZER0C0NTR0L1278
Hey can anyone confirm that withdrawing and depositing works?
Yes I deposited 25.5k the first two transfers. Withdrew 25k and re-deposited it. 25k miles (for depositing $50,000) have posted to my account. Your money is tied up for a bit it, as trasnferring money into fidelity takes a while to clear, transferring out was quite quick.

I believe you have 90 days (not sure since I'm nowhere close) to make the deposit, and it takes a little over a week for each cycle of withdraw + re-deposit.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by j1194
Can we get a little more background? How big were your deposits? what time frame did you do them over, have you ever had a fideity account before registering for the AA miles promotion?

Thanks john

Also im doing mine in about 10k chunks, i will cross over 25k on monday so we will see what happens with me.
I am working with 17K chunks. Have already deposited a total of 34k a week ago. No sign of miles.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
I am working with 17K chunks. Have already deposited a total of 34k a week ago. No sign of miles.
I would challange them and reitterate it says cumalative deposits not account balance.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
I would challange them and reitterate it says cumalative deposits not account balance.
I would suggest waiting a little while before challenging. In February, there was a glitch (possibly on AA's end), that delayed the posting of one set of my miles. The miles generally show up on Sunday or Monday with a Friday post date. On February 20 (a Sunday), my second set of miles showed up with a February 11 post date. Given the 2/11 post date, I wonder if the delay was on AA's end and not Fidelity.

Also, the CSR will tell you per the offer rules to wait 6-8 weeks. Calling early is likely to only call attention to the fact that you are recycling money.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Also, the CSR will tell you per the offer rules to wait 6-8 weeks. Calling early is likely to only call attention to the fact that you are recycling money.
Exactly, have some damn patience people! Why would you go and call and start raising red flags. So dumb.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
You might also not be registered correctly for the promo - but you'll know for sure this weekend.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by chewy3
You might also not be registered correctly for the promo - but you'll know for sure this weekend.
Thats what I was chatting to the rep about. I wanted to confirm that I am registered for the promo. He said I am am then called his office by himself to know when I would be credited the miles. To his message, I told him that I was only making sure I was registered for the promo. I would fund my account with about 100k after I have done my research on mutual funds
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:19 am

Are there any reqs for investing? Or can I just let it sit in the account? If you guys invested into money market type funds, which did you choose?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:55 pm

deleted
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:56 pm

I called up today and was told I am not registered for the promotion, though I have the email saying I am registered. I re-registred. The rep told me I have deposited only 19K. I reminded him I have deposited about 36K but have withdrawn 17K. He told me, that does not count. I told him tactically that it is no problem I would transfer 100K, I am just waiting a bit and researching and that I just wanted to make sure I am registered for the promotion. He told me I am registered now but I have to transfer 100K and leave it in the account to get the 50K miles.

Should I be worried?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by pakle
I already have a lot of money in my Fidelity brokerage account (100% in Money Market) so I transferred out $100k on 2/24. Then I registered for the Delta offer for existing customers on 2/28. Without transferring anything in, I see 15k miles deposited in my Delta account on 3/5 (Date of Activity: 3/4). The only activity between 2/28 and 3/5 was a $2k direct deposit and a $5 dividend posting, neither dated anywhere close to 3/4.

Any idea why i got 15k miles already?
My guess is the $2k direct deposit. It seems that fidelity does the miles credits once a week. So the 3/4 deposit likely reflects activity in the 10 days before hand.

Why only $2k to trigger the deposit? It seems to me that they are off (generously) on the calculation of deposits on existing accounts (possibly including existing balances, not just new deposits).
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by pakle
I already have a lot of money in my Fidelity brokerage account (100% in Money Market) so I transferred out $100k on 2/24. Then I registered for the Delta offer for existing customers on 2/28. Without transferring anything in, I see 15k miles deposited in my Delta account on 3/5 (Date of Activity: 3/4). The only activity between 2/28 and 3/5 was a $2k direct deposit and a $5 dividend posting, neither dated anywhere close to 3/4.

Any idea why i got 15k miles already?
Originally Posted by oshelef
My guess is the $2k direct deposit. It seems that fidelity does the miles credits once a week. So the 3/4 deposit likely reflects activity in the 10 days before hand.

Why only $2k to trigger the deposit? It seems to me that they are off (generously) on the calculation of deposits on existing accounts (possibly including existing balances, not just new deposits).
I transferred the $100k electronically into Fidelity on 3/16, Fidelity shows it received 3/17, I see today Delta posts the remaining 35k miles on 3/18. I had another $2k direct deposit on 3/14 as well.

WOW, that was the easiest and fastest 50k miles ever!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.