Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by onthego15
TD Ameritrade has been doing these offers for many years. I think I found threads as old as 2003. And Fidelity has been doing them for many years too. So, they must be getting something out of them to do them for so long.
I think this is where we all tend to forget that FT'er are a minority...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by idlebrain
I got my 15K miles after depositing 25k (mix of cash & stocks). Now I deposited additional 25K cash to make it 50K. Does fidelity award another 15K miles or only 10K for $50k deposit. thanks.
I just wanted to update - fidelity credited additional 10K miles last night to my AA account.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 7:14 am

how fast after did you deposit more money . in what timeframe
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by tzvika01
how fast after did you deposit more money . in what timeframe
It took almost one week to show up in my AA account for additional miles after depositing money. Even though it started showing up from last night, the date is showing as 1/21/2011.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 3:51 pm

can you sign up twice with Fidelity , to get both DL and AA bonus?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:17 pm

Can anyone who got the Fidelity miles in 2010 tell me if they have received a 1099 for the "fair market value" of the miles?

Citibank, as referenced in another thread, is sending out 1099s for their bank promotions (And valuing the miles at a ridiculous 2.5/cents per mile).
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Can anyone who got the Fidelity miles in 2010 tell me if they have received a 1099 for the "fair market value" of the miles?

Citibank, as referenced in another thread, is sending out 1099s for their bank promotions (And valuing the miles at a ridiculous 2.5/cents per mile).
I have received my 1099 and there is no reporting of miles; the only interest income shown is the actual interest Fid paid me. It is not uncommon, however, for financial institutions to send out multiple 1099s so it is still possible that I will get a separate 1099-INT/MISC with the miles reported as income.

There is a lot of talk on this here.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer

People in the Citibank thread are starting to report receiving correspondence that reporting the miles on 1099s was a mistake, and some have already received corrected 1099s, as you'll see when you follow uszkanni's link.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by BWItraveller
I completed the AA bonus and am going to try for the DL one. It appears from the language on the DL page that existing customers who move new money in are eligible:

Code:
For a limited time only receive up to 50,000 miles when you open and fund, or add new money to an existing, non retirement brokerage account. Offer valid for new and existing customers.
So I think it's doable.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
I completed the AA bonus and am going to try for the DL one. It appears from the language on the DL page that existing customers who move new money in are eligible:

Code:
For a limited time only receive up to 50,000 miles when you open and fund, or add new money to an existing, non retirement brokerage account. Offer valid for new and existing customers.
So I think it's doable.
Please do let us know ^
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:21 am

For those interested it seems the sweep is made the following sunday after funding requirements are met. So we deposit a check on Wednesday, funds in the account on Friday, AA miles appeared Sunday 8-9am MST.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by david-alexis
For those interested it seems the sweep is made the following sunday after funding requirements are met. So we deposit a check on Wednesday, funds in the account on Friday, AA miles appeared Sunday 8-9am MST.
The weekend is consistent with me and delta. Made contributions to an existing account totaling $33k on 1/25-1/27. Appeared on my delta history on 1/29 with an activity date of 1/28.

Only thing is, I got 25K miles, instead of the 15k I expected. I wonder why?

My only thought is when I tried to confirm my enrollment over IM, the agent said I wasn't registered, but that he would register me. Perhaps he put me into a slightly different delta promotion? Either that, or they screwed up.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by BWItraveller
Pgary reports on his website that as of 2006 Fidelity would not allow multiple airline offers, but YMMV. Please let us know if you have a different experience!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:02 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by iluvthsgam

Code:
So I think it's doable.
A conversation with a Fidelity rep on January 30, 2011, confirmed that the addition may be in assets transferred from another brokerage, not necessarily cash. I also confirmed that the fact that I initially opened my Fidelity account via another miles offer does not preclude me from getting the Delta miles by adding assets. You have 90 days to get the assets transferred after signing up for the offer. I suggest calling (800) 642-6972 to get your own confirmation of this in your own account, with a notation in it that you were told that it qualifies. Note that the account from which you are transferring assets may charge you for this.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:23 pm

REQUEST: Link for Fidelity/AA for EXISTING customers

Howdy,
I captured the 50K UAL miles offered through TD Ameritrade when I registered for that promo back on 12/31/09 but now would like to take advantage of this Fidelity promo.

I've had accounts with Fidelity for many, many years so would like to find a link that specifies that "...existing customers..." are eligible,

Today I read all 254 posts and see that 249 has quotes indicating that "...existing customers..." are eligible but there's no link to the promo.

I've seen the link below many times in this thread but it clearly indicates "...Offer valid for new customers only..."
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

Did I miss a link my reading of this thread?
I Googled but couldn't find anything. Anybody have alink for AA & Fidelity for existing customers? Very best to you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.