Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
Very good ! Easy miles isn't it?
You have to keep the money in the account right?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by sergey_usa
Just a recent data point. Opened an account with Fidelity under old offer in March, had 401K with them already. Transferred $50K, 25K miles posted within 3 days. Kept $50K there. Noticed higher offer a month ago. Called them saying I was thinking to invest more money and there is an offer with TD Ameritrade. But instead of opening a new account with a competitor, if Fidelity can sign me up for a higher offer (extra 25K for extra $50k), I would transfer $50K more. Helpful agent talked to a supervisor, got his approval, put a note on my account, said to sign up for new offer, transfer money, receive a "not eligible" message, call back and it will be done. Did that, called back, another agent transferred to the original agent's extension, left message. Miles posted 3 days later (yesterday).
Nice, nice. A few hoops you went through, but I think this is definitely a deal they should pass on to you considering the investments that you have made.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was told essentially the same thing, that if I would transfer another 24-50k, I would get the extra miles.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Anyone knows if you can sign up your wife/hubby or is it 1 bonus promo per household?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Anyone knows if you can sign up your wife/hubby or is it 1 bonus promo per household?
One per household and per lifetime per term.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by spacehawk
How do they track this? By address? Can I register me/spouse with a PO Box instead? Assuming they won't do a hard pull for this, how would they know?
Thinking out loud ....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: MTA NYCTA Super Plutonium Elite
Originally Posted by learningtime
How do they track this? By address? Can I register me/spouse with a PO Box instead? Assuming they won't do a hard pull for this, how would they know?
Thinking out loud ....
You're giving them your social security number to get a brokerage account. It's likely that they have to have a physical address. Maybe you could get away with separate bonuses for you and your spouse if one of you used a secondary address.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by LH2004
You're giving them your social security number to get a brokerage account. It's likely that they have to have a physical address. Maybe you could get away with separate bonuses for you and your spouse if one of you used a secondary address.
Yes, I would need to give a physical address but would they care if it's just a PO Box .... if it's not a hard pull, address verification should not be an issue. I'll try this out (at some point) and will report back.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I don't mean to cross-post, but I know people often look here for these deals.
Indeed thank you for posting this here. I moved some shares from Ameritrade to Fidelity and just received the easiest 50K AA miles.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question Is Sign-In Completely online, or some papers?

Edit: Never mind, I did it, no papers.

Last edited by IntFF; Sep 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by learningtime
Thinking out loud ....
Years ago when both I and spouse applied for separate accounts and each received the bonus being offered, the term household was as defined by Fidelity which required that you link the accounts. Simply didn't link them. When I wanted another bonus, Fidelity rep said no once per person but suggested spouse could apply and get the bonus (but spouse had already done so, so no dice). I am pretty sure that they track bonus rewards via SSN rather than address. If you fill out the online form to register for the promo and aren't eligible, you will receive an email to that effect shortly thereafter.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:52 pm

It is still possible to get the extra 25,000 miles on this offer. I got 25,000 United miles on the first offer and last week was able to get them to agree to 25,000 American miles for another $50,000 deposit, effectively giving me the full 50,000 miles for $100,000 of deposits. Person had to check with his supervisor as others have mentioned. I would have made the deposit anyway so it worked for me.

Another 25,000 miles attributable to advice from the experts on Flyertalk! Thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lunarbrian
It is still possible to get the extra 25,000 miles on this offer. I got 25,000 United miles on the first offer and last week was able to get them to agree to 25,000 American miles for another $50,000 deposit, effectively giving me the full 50,000 miles for $100,000 of deposits. Person had to check with his supervisor as others have mentioned. I would have made the deposit anyway so it worked for me.

Another 25,000 miles attributable to advice from the experts on Flyertalk! Thanks.
How long had it been between the two offers?

Did you have $25K+ in the account the entire time?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:28 am

not if you have seperate accounts

Originally Posted by spacehawk
We both received bonuses, seperate accounts, same mailing address. Mine went through smoothly. Mrs. PedroNY needed to write a letter to Fidelity to get her bonus, but it was due to already having a Roth IRA with Fidelity, not due to me getting a bonus already. Miles posted for her as well.

I say if you have the money (or stock) sitting around, go through with one account, get the bonus. Thereafter, go with the other account, and get the bonus for your spouse. Hopefully it works, but you don't have all that much to lose, as long as you already collected on the 1st account. Good luck.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
How long had it been between the two offers?

Did you have $25K+ in the account the entire time?
+1 ... how long do we have to park the $25K in the account? How soon after depositing do you see the bonus miles post?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.