Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:47 pm

I currently have a 401k with Fidelity so therefore am not a "new" customer, however the customer service rep I spoke with said if I bring new funds in, I can get the promo.. My funds I would bring in are currently with TD Ameritrade however, and I put the money in there about 4 months ago for their SPG promo.. Anyone have experience taking them out of Ameritrade and how strict they are about taking back the bonus's/charging you for it if you withdrew within 9 months? I really would love to transfer to fidelity to get this bonus too.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:17 pm

I had a Roth IRA and a employer sponsored retirement account with fidelity. I asked 3 months ago if I get the aa bonus miles for opening a regular account with a $50k deposit. The customer service rep said it would be given. I was given the 25,000 bonus, but I had to send an email.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Fidelity deposited 25000 miles into my AA account a mere three days after I transferred some securities into my new Fidelity account. I'm impressed with their speed!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by yojimbo
I registered for this offer last week. Today I received a call from Fidelity informing me that I was not eligible for the offer because I already have a Fidelity mutual fund account.
Did you have an account directly with Fidelity? Or could this also trip up someone who holds a Fidelity mutual fund through another brokerage account? I'm just wondering because I've never had an account of any kind directly with Fidelity, but do have a few shares of a Fidelity mutual fund in my IRA at Ameritrade.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:49 am

Fidelity transferred another 25000 AA miles into my account this weekend a few days after I completed a second transfer to get my account over $100,000 in securities. That was probably the easiest and quickest 50,000 miles I have ever earned.

Now all I have to do is let the securities sit for about 5 more months, so they won't take the miles back...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by onthego15
Fidelity transferred another 25000 AA miles into my account this weekend a few days after I completed a second transfer to get my account over $100,000 in securities. That was probably the easiest and quickest 50,000 miles I have ever earned.

Now all I have to do is let the securities sit for about 5 more months, so they won't take the miles back...
I doubt they will take the miles back even if you transfer money out. I also opened an account and got my first batch a few days later. Very fast.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RedLancer
If I close my current Fidelity account, am I eligible for this promotion?

Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope - but if you have a big enough balance, you might persuade them to give you the miles as a good customer bonus.

Curious,...why is the answer "No"?

Reading the TOS,...
"Only prospective customers who currently do not have a Fidelity retail account are eligible. This promotional offer is limited to one per household and per lifetime of the individual(s) named on the Fidelity account. Only individual or joint Fidelity Accounts, personal trust accounts, and business accounts are eligible."

As I understand it:
1) If RedLancer cancels his existing account, then he satisfies the first part of this.
2) In regards to the 2nd part,...covering "once per household and per lifetime...",......since it states "THIS promotional offer" and NOT "ALL Fidelity promotional offers",....why would he not qualify if he previously opened an account under a different promo?

Again, using their own language here,...as long as RedLancer does NOT have a current account, and did NOT previously sign up for THIS promo offer, then I think he would qualify for this promo. Can the TOS be read any other way?

Thoughts?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:17 pm

Wouldn't the same transaction net you over 60k miles with BankDirect? What am I missing here?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by s4popo
Wouldn't the same transaction net you over 60k miles with BankDirect? What am I missing here?
What you are missing is that I transferred securities (municipal bonds in my case) not cash. BankDirect only gives miles for cash. By transferring municipal bonds, I continue to receive interest on them, so my miles come at absolutely no cost to me. My income stays the same and my miles go up by 50,000.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:44 pm

Lightbulb

What you are missing is that I transferred securities (municipal bonds in my case) not cash. BankDirect only gives miles for cash. By transferring municipal bonds, I continue to receive interest on them, so my miles come at absolutely no cost to me. My income stays the same and my miles go up by 50,000.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
I received my first 1/2 of my points within 30 days....expect to receive the other 1/2 at the end of 6 months. I put in the full amt required....no rule or in/out game play....
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:34 pm

what if you register for both AA and Delta will you get double bonus miles? people in past reported this as well
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by manuvns
what if you register for both AA and Delta will you get double bonus miles? people in past reported this as well
That's a good question.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM Platinum, BA Gold
Just a recent data point. Opened an account with Fidelity under old offer in March, had 401K with them already. Transferred $50K, 25K miles posted within 3 days. Kept $50K there. Noticed higher offer a month ago. Called them saying I was thinking to invest more money and there is an offer with TD Ameritrade. But instead of opening a new account with a competitor, if Fidelity can sign me up for a higher offer (extra 25K for extra $50k), I would transfer $50K more. Helpful agent talked to a supervisor, got his approval, put a note on my account, said to sign up for new offer, transfer money, receive a "not eligible" message, call back and it will be done. Did that, called back, another agent transferred to the original agent's extension, left message. Miles posted 3 days later (yesterday).
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by sergey_usa
Just a recent data point. Opened an account with Fidelity under old offer in March, had 401K with them already. Transferred $50K, 25K miles posted within 3 days. Kept $50K there. Noticed higher offer a month ago. Called them saying I was thinking to invest more money and there is an offer with TD Ameritrade. But instead of opening a new account with a competitor, if Fidelity can sign me up for a higher offer (extra 25K for extra $50k), I would transfer $50K more. Helpful agent talked to a supervisor, got his approval, put a note on my account, said to sign up for new offer, transfer money, receive a "not eligible" message, call back and it will be done. Did that, called back, another agent transferred to the original agent's extension, left message. Miles posted 3 days later (yesterday).
Very good ! Easy miles isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.