Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: Lotz
Deposits have to be in within 30 days.

One poster said that he had trouble because he didn't leave his initial deposit in until miles could be posted. That he would have been better off opening with $100, adding "deposits" to $100K, and then reducing to $100.

Another poster said Fidelity banned him for doing the promo and defunding account after miles posted. This tells me Fidelity does not take miles (or MR) back.

I wonder if Fidelity puts an unfavorable account closure on credit reports?

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 25, 2011 at 7:22 am
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Deposits have to be in within 30 days.
Actually, account opening and, presumably, initial deposits have to be with in 20 days. You have 90 days for additional deposits.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
I'd say it's a shame I did this promo before for the traditional 25K miles, but I guess I'm satisfied since the miles were long ago used (and I had the investment for years, so fair deal). ^

I just wish that some new investment companies would get on this bandwagon...I used Fidelity and Ameritrade, and that's all there are.

(Not counting the much smaller miles for Sharebuilder, and yes I did that too.)

FTF
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
I just wish that some new investment companies would get on this bandwagon...I used Fidelity and Ameritrade, and that's all there are.
Is there a thread around for ameritrade? I wonder if you can get the commission free trades+cash offer and one of the miles offers as the same time...
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by oshelef
Is there a thread around for ameritrade? I wonder if you can get the commission free trades+cash offer and one of the miles offers as the same time...
There are many Ameritrade threads (mostly old). Search is your friend. Also, freefrequentflyermiles.com keeps up with all these offers.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by oshelef
Actually, account opening and, presumably, initial deposits have to be with in 20 days. You have 90 days for additional deposits.
Thanks.

But aren't the mileage deposits posting before 90 days now?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
If I were running a financial services firm, I'd be reluctant to offer much because this is a fickle group. Years ago I parked $15K somewhere to get hotel points. After the required minimum period I yanked them back. I'm just about to move $50K to a new Ameritrade account and, in a few months, move $100K to Fidelity. The Fidelity move will probably be a permanent transfer out of another brokerage, closing down the previous account, but that's unusual. And, like many others, I ditch the bonus-paying ccs as soon as the annual fee kicks in.

So, the merchants may see that it's not a good way to bring in long-term customers and it's got some high front-end costs.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
I just transfered all of the money outof my fidelity about 10 days after miles posted and left 500$, I will also open an acct for my wife and repeat. I will report back.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:45 am

after putting your money in how long did it take to get your miles?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:21 am

days, for me 3-5 days.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
I just transfered all of the money outof my fidelity about 10 days after miles posted and left 500$, I will also open an acct for my wife and repeat. I will report back.
And that's why more financial firms aren't jumping on the bandwagon and offering miles for new accounts!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Athena53
And that's why more financial firms aren't jumping on the bandwagon and offering miles for new accounts!
I am so sorry that my actions troubles you...Wait, isn't this the milesBuzz forum? Be careful I am considered a novice around here and you might read some thread that might bother you even more. May I suggest that this forum is not the ideal place for posting feelings against earning miles?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
May I suggest that this forum is not the ideal place for posting feelings against earning miles?
I've got no problems with earning miles at all- heck, I'm closing in on 1 million on AA thanks to the promotions being discussed here. And I realize you followed "the letter of the law" on the promotion (which Fidelity is free to change if they don't like the results).

I'm just saying that if financial service firms are looking to get high-roller clients and develop long-term relationships with them, they may conclude that this type of offer won't be effective.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Athena53
I've got no problems with earning miles at all- heck, I'm closing in on 1 million on AA thanks to the promotions being discussed here. And I realize you followed "the letter of the law" on the promotion (which Fidelity is free to change if they don't like the results).

I'm just saying that if financial service firms are looking to get high-roller clients and develop long-term relationships with them, they may conclude that this type of offer won't be effective.
Got it
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
TD Ameritrade has been doing these offers for many years. I think I found threads as old as 2003. And Fidelity has been doing them for many years too. So, they must be getting something out of them to do them for so long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.