Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by josephstern
I got mine in 2010 as did my wife, and neither of us got a 1099.
Just wanted to know. Thanks for the update.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:48 am

Delta Offer extended to 2012

It looks like the delta offer was extended to 2012 rather than expiring this week.
I tried to register for the Delta 2 weeks after getting AA miles and got the following message
"In reviewing your account information, it was determined that you had already received airline miles through the American Airlines promotional offer. The airline miles promotions are limited to one offer per household per lifetime. For this reason, we are unable to offer you the Delta miles promotion, and is the reason you have received the email stating your account is not eligible."

I guess I could argue with them since it doesnt state that in the offer but I figure now that the offer has been extended I am better off just waiting it out a few months and retrying.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 5:20 pm

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your second installment of miles? I received my first installment of miles by transferring $25k into my account. The miles posted the next Monday with a Friday post date. I then increased my account to $50k hoping the miles would post by today and they did not.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA DL UA
Originally Posted by robbiesam
It looks like the delta offer was extended to 2012 rather than expiring this week.
I tried to register for the Delta 2 weeks after getting AA miles and got the following message
"In reviewing your account information, it was determined that you had already received airline miles through the American Airlines promotional offer. The airline miles promotions are limited to one offer per household per lifetime. For this reason, we are unable to offer you the Delta miles promotion, and is the reason you have received the email stating your account is not eligible."

I guess I could argue with them since it doesnt state that in the offer but I figure now that the offer has been extended I am better off just waiting it out a few months and retrying.
(1) Can anyone provide a link to a Fidelity website that shows the offer is extended? I have money ready to transfer, but I don't want to pull the trigger until I can save a copy of that website.

(2) That said, I do have a copy of e-mail correspondence with Fidelity reps. In my first exchange with them a week or two ago, they weren't going to give me the DL miles, but now they say they will.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by rtom
(1) Can anyone provide a link to a Fidelity website that shows the offer is extended? I have money ready to transfer, but I don't want to pull the trigger until I can save a copy of that website.
https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:19 pm

Hmm, it's been 8 days since I posted $27K and still no miles. Has anyone had this long of a wait? It seems everyone is getting miles within 2-7 days. Before I call them and inquire, I wanted to see if anyone waiting this long and still ended up having the miles post. Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
Hmm, it's been 8 days since I posted $27K and still no miles. Has anyone had this long of a wait? It seems everyone is getting miles within 2-7 days. Before I call them and inquire, I wanted to see if anyone waiting this long and still ended up having the miles post. Thanks.
Did you confirm your enrollment first? Was this a new account or existing customers for the delta offer?

I'm just guessing here, but since they 1) just extended the terms, 2) you are the second post asking about miles posting this weekend, and 3) I got an email last week saying my miles (but not how many) would be posted after they already had, I wonder if there is some sort of system upgrade/transition going on at the moment causing delays or manual review.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by oshelef
Did you confirm your enrollment first? Was this a new account or existing customers for the delta offer?

I'm just guessing here, but since they 1) just extended the terms, 2) you are the second post asking about miles posting this weekend, and 3) I got an email last week saying my miles (but not how many) would be posted after they already had, I wonder if there is some sort of system upgrade/transition going on at the moment causing delays or manual review.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?
It was the AA deal. I signed up for the deal, next day I created an account and funded it.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:12 am

Called Fidelity. They say my account is linked and the miles are pending and will post within 8 weeks. Sounds like the quick turnaround times are done, which is not cool from a 'fund a little, wait for miles, withdraw and fund more' approach. But at least the account is linked.

Sounds like if you want to get the full 50k miles within 90 days you will have to just believe they will pay. There isn't time to wait at each checkpoint (25, 50, 100k dollars) for the miles to post and fund within 90 days.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:59 am

Called Fidelity. They say my account is linked and the miles are pending and will post within 8 weeks. Sounds like the quick turnaround times are done, which is not cool from a 'fund a little, wait for miles, withdraw and fund more' approach. But at least the account is linked.

Sounds like if you want to get the full 50k miles within 90 days you will have to just believe they will pay. There isn't time to wait at each checkpoint (25, 50, 100k dollars) for the miles to post and fund within 90 days.
That's useful information, and seems like the email I got last week:
Thank you for funding your Fidelity Account.® Based on your brokerage deposit, your Delta SkyMiles will be credited to your SkyMiles account within the next 8 weeks.

If you have questions, please call a Fidelity Representative at 800-642-6972
I guess we'll find out what "within the next 8 weeks".

But there is still time to wait for one check point. Say it takes 10 weeks from registration to funding to posting. That's 70 days. That leaves 20 days to make the next threshold.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:42 am

The offer says 8 weeks, so the CSR will tell you 8 weeks. The real question is how long it will acutally take.
I received my first installment of miles for the $25k threshold on the weekend after I met the $25k threshold, so I know the miles can and do post faster than 8 weeks. I'm now waiting on the second installment of miles. I met the threshold last week. I figured it would post this past weekend like the first installment, but did not.

Last edited by FLYERIL; Feb 15, 2011 at 11:59 am
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
The offer says 8 weeks, so the CSR will tell you 8 weeks. The real question is how long it will acutally take.
I received my first installment of miles for the $25k threshold on the weekend after I met the $25k threshold, so I know the miles can and do post faster than 8 weeks. I'm now waiting on the second installment of miles. I met the threshold last week. I figured it will post this weekend like the first installment, but did not.
The offers, as far as I can tell, do not say anything about how long it will take for miles to post. They tell you how long you have to make deposits to qualify for the miles, but not how long they have to give you the miles.

It appears the usual post the next weekend pattern didn't work last weekend, and they are now saying with in 8 weeks (that I don't believe they did before). So is this weekend a one off blip, or is there a new pattern starting?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by oshelef
The offers, as far as I can tell, do not say anything about how long it will take for miles to post. They tell you how long you have to make deposits to qualify for the miles, but not how long they have to give you the miles.

It appears the usual post the next weekend pattern didn't work last weekend, and they are now saying with in 8 weeks (that I don't believe they did before). So is this weekend a one off blip, or is there a new pattern starting?
The AA offer says to allow 8 weeks at the very bottom of the offer. Also, I know the miles did not post this past weekend because my second installment didn't post, but the miles did post the weekend before (the first weekend in February) because my first installment posted then.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:01 pm

The AA offer says to allow 8 weeks at the very bottom of the offer. Also, I know the miles did not post this past weekend because my second installment didn't post, but the miles did post the weekend before (the first weekend in February) because my first installment posted then.
I missed that. The delta offer says it too. My apologies. Let's hope they post this weekend then.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:05 pm

I would not trust the representative by any means -if it wasn't for the fact that (it seems) people are not getting miles posted within 7 business days for the first time since the offer began. This observation plus my own experience leads me to believe that perhaps there was either a hiccup or a change in the posting process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.