Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:55 am

if i put 50k in which would give me 25k aa miles is it worth it too take it out and put it back in so they think i deposited 100k so i would get more miles. anybody have experience?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
According to the terms of the AA promotion: "Your Fidelity account must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account." https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

I think you risk a loss of your miles if you close this account.
A lot in this thread reported differently
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by david-alexis
A lot in this thread reported differently
I haven't seen any posts here about anyone closing the account right after the miles have been posted, have you?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
I put a little over $100,000 worth of securities in a new account last July and received my 50,000 AA miles within a few days. A couple months later I took about $17,000 out to use for another deal. Someone else reported taking everything out after receiving their miles and Fidelity did nothing to them. I will probably transfer the remainder out soon. I'm at six months with Fidelity.

Many, many people ask this same questions about recycling money with Fidelity. In my memory only josephstern has reported doing it, and he did it in early 2010. I don't remember anyone reporting doing it in the past six months (or since this thread with this deal started). And yes, the question has been asked again and again periodically throughout the thread.

So, the short answer is no one has reported recycling money into a Fidelity account with this particular offer.
This thread for example. I personally cannot imagine a company taking back miles as you could book an award and empty your account, but who knows..
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by tzvika01
if i put 50k in which would give me 25k aa miles is it worth it too take it out and put it back in so they think i deposited 100k so i would get more miles. anybody have experience?
Seems like a chance worth taking to me. There is a very small chance they consider you to have taken your money out before 6 months and take away the 25k miles. There is the chance that they consider it as 100k of deposits and give you the extra miles. There is chance they do neither of those and you are left with 25k miles. The first seems very unlikely to me, so I'd consider chancing it to get the second.

Let us know what happens if you do try.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by david-alexis
This thread for example. I personally cannot imagine a company taking back miles as you could book an award and empty your account, but who knows..
That post (# 195?) discusses partial withdrawals and recycling, not completely closing the account as soon as the miles post -- I think that is still an unknown situation. At the very least, I'd use the points by booking an award and actually flying on it before completely closing the account.

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Jan 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm
Old Jan 16, 2011, 1:01 pm

I could probably just leave it open with $100 at the very least... Anyone out there who closed the account or left only a small amount after miles have posted?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:19 pm

i have left a $100 in for 6 months then closed it and had no problem at all
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by tzvika01
i have left a $100 in for 6 months then closed it and had no problem at all
After how long (after the miles posted) did you withdraw most of the funds?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Lotz
I assume the Fidelity checking account is eligible for this offer since it's described as a brokerage account.

If so the "recycle" makes sense since it's X amount of deposits in 30 days. No requirement (like TD Ameritrade) to maintain the X amount balance for 6 months.

OTOH the rapid deposits of miles makes me think they are now going by initial deposit amount and not deposits in 30 days as the T&C say.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:21 pm

like a week after the miles posted i took the money out
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:48 am

I got my 15K miles after depositing 25k (mix of cash & stocks). Now I deposited additional 25K cash to make it 50K. Does fidelity award another 15K miles or only 10K for $50k deposit. thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by idlebrain
I got my 15K miles after depositing 25k (mix of cash & stocks). Now I deposited additional 25K cash to make it 50K. Does fidelity award another 15K miles or only 10K for $50k deposit. thanks.
If you are still in original window for your promotion then you should get 10K more. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect anything.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:46 am

please follow up if you do get the miles when adding additional cash. i believe it has to be within 90 days
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:56 pm

I called to set up ETF and the rep told me (I didn't ask):" I see you are registered for the airmiles promotion, and if you do transfer $ out you would not qualify for the miles" I don think he knew I received them already... BUt it got me worried they would take them back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.