FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines
Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:48 pm
pakle

Originally Posted by pakle
I already have a lot of money in my Fidelity brokerage account (100% in Money Market) so I transferred out $100k on 2/24. Then I registered for the Delta offer for existing customers on 2/28. Without transferring anything in, I see 15k miles deposited in my Delta account on 3/5 (Date of Activity: 3/4). The only activity between 2/28 and 3/5 was a $2k direct deposit and a $5 dividend posting, neither dated anywhere close to 3/4.

Any idea why i got 15k miles already?
Originally Posted by oshelef
My guess is the $2k direct deposit. It seems that fidelity does the miles credits once a week. So the 3/4 deposit likely reflects activity in the 10 days before hand.

Why only $2k to trigger the deposit? It seems to me that they are off (generously) on the calculation of deposits on existing accounts (possibly including existing balances, not just new deposits).
I transferred the $100k electronically into Fidelity on 3/16, Fidelity shows it received 3/17, I see today Delta posts the remaining 35k miles on 3/18. I had another $2k direct deposit on 3/14 as well.

WOW, that was the easiest and fastest 50k miles ever!