Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
NH 914

Originally Posted by eloraculo
How did you know it got cancelled? I have two tickets and both seem ok on ANA's website.
I saw Bob Safari's informative post #9097 from this morning that the NH website wasn't showing any RGN-NRT flights from March 26 to Apr 12. My flight was Apr 3, so I called NH.

If your flights don't fall between Mar 26 and Apr 12, and you are booked on one of the 3 days of the week that the flight will operate you are probably fine, or depending on how you look at it might not get the benefit of NH reissuing your ticket.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:32 pm

This schedule change by ANA might have been a blessing in disguise - I spoke with ANA first and they referred me back to Delta as the ticketing airline (xp.com was conveniently out of the picture as Delta had previously reissued the ticket due to a schedule change).

Delta wanted to reticket me only on their metal. Conveniently, Delta does fly its own metal to Bangkok, but not Yangon. So I've now been reticketed straight from BKK-LAX-YVR And changed the date of travel to boot.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by BobSafari
This schedule change by ANA might have been a blessing in disguise - I spoke with ANA first and they referred me back to Delta as the ticketing airline (xp.com was conveniently out of the picture as Delta had previously reissued the ticket due to a schedule change).

Delta wanted to reticket me only on their metal. Conveniently, Delta does fly its own metal to Bangkok, but not Yangon. So I've now been reticketed straight from BKK-LAX-YVR And changed the date of travel to boot.
Good for you! I wish I could do that. Are you on BKK-LAX direct flight or BKK-NRT-LAX flight on DL?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Good for you! I wish I could do that. Are you on BKK-LAX direct flight or BKK-NRT-LAX flight on DL?
I'm on flight 284 from BKK-LAX, which changes planes at Narita despite keeping the same flight number. On the upside, I believe that both the 767 and 777 on this route have lie-flats.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:45 pm
wcj

I had been reading significant delays for tourist visas, so figured I'd give this update. Wash DC Embassy. Fedexed for 1/07/13 arrival. Gave them a FedEx return with three day delivery and received them back today 1/10/13. No calls, no issues.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keter
USD 7 or so.
thanks, and are cabs easy to find outside the pagoda?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
thanks, and are cabs easy to find outside the pagoda?
If you are just going from the airport to the Pagoda and back, I would recommend just hiring a taxi/driver for a couple of hours to take to there, wait and bring you back. That way you can stow any bags in the trunk. It will cost all of $7 an hour (car without AC) or $10 an hour for a car with AC.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:00 pm

Reply from Delta for my DOT complaint.

Here is the reply from delta for my complaint to DOT for my Nov 2012 flight cancelled by x.uk. Any suggestions.

This will acknowledge receipt of your correspondence addressed to the
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Norman Strickman, Director,
Aviation Consumer Protection Division - Office of Aviation Enforcement
and Proceedings, has asked Delta Air Lines to respond to you directly.

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the Air France issued
ticket below for travel from Myanmar to Vancouver. On behalf of everyone
at Delta Air Lines and our partner Air France, I sincerely apologize for
any difficulty you have encountered booking the reservation.

I was very sorry to learn of the problems you encountered with the below
reservation. In reviewing the ticket, I understand this is past date
travel and the ticket has already been refunded. It is Delta's policy
to reinstate ticketed flights and honor the fare for future
reservations. With that said, we are unable to honor a past date fare
for unknown future travel dates.

Further, from reviewing your complaint, it is unclear if you still wish
to travel this itinerary on alternate dates. If so, and If you need
assistance in booking a new reservation, you may book online or call one
of our reservations agents directly. They would be happy to assist you.
Please understand, the current fare will apply for the new booking.

Again, I do apologize for this disappointing experience booking with
Expedia UK online and I do hope for a future opportunity to provide you
with a more positive experience.

Coordinator, Corporate Customer Care
Delta Air Line
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31
It is Delta's policy to reinstate ticketed flights and honor the fare for future
reservations.
Thanks for sharing. Although it is reported from all different sources, this is the first time for DL to release an official statement on error fares.

Bravo, DL! As much as I dislike your loyalty program, I like the way you handle error fares.

Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:27 pm

my flight is cancelled and the date of travel which was in Nov is gone. What can I do now.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

......It is Delta's policy
to reinstate ticketed flights and honor the fare for future
reservations. With that said, we are unable to honor a past date fare
for unknown future travel dates....
I am confused. Does that mean DL will honor the same fare for future travel if you provide a firm date?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR

They would be happy to assist you.
Please understand, the current fare will apply for the new booking.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:00 pm

my flight is cancelled and the date of travel which was in Nov is gone. What can I do now.
Don't know where you are, but it is clear that xp.(uk?) cancelled your tickets. You may go after it and file an SCC case against xp.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I just got back from the first round trip, RGN-BKK-NRT-ORD-SFO. No hassle at all, although I could see some agents' puzzled face when they saw the PNR

There is an ATM at RGN airport landside, but it only takes Mastercard. There is another ATM in the downtown. But the money exchange is everywhere. Keeping in mind though, carrying some USD notes is always helpful when paying some entrance fees or you will be charged much higher in MMK (1000 MMK=1 USD usually).

FYI, you can get taxi to downtown for 4,000 MMK (4.7 USD) after negotiation. If you are very adventurous and with little luggage, you can walk for a mile or get a taxi for 1 USD to the nearest bus #51 stop heading downtown, which would only cost you 200 MMK (0.24 USD).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
This fare was my re-introduction to DL and yes they were beyond good. Mileage Plus has a loose grip on me.

[QUOTE=lewende;20022058]Thanks for sharing. Although it is reported from all different sources, this is the first time for DL to release an official statement on error fares.

Bravo, DL! As much as I dislike your loyalty program, I like the way you handle error fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.