Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: M&M
I'm in NRT right now, flying a round2, booked on xp.es. I think I was safe because my ticket got reissued about a month ago (I pushed for some stuff after my SEA connection went illegal ) - hard to argue mistake when they reissue your ticket, twice.

Or I might be wrong. Though it still can't hurt to ask for changes that result in reissue if you had a schedule change that lets you pull it off.

Fly2fly, sorry man! I was fortunate enough that I did not depend on my RGN tickets at all, but the past 2 days still stressed me out.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by lallyr
Its funny how they like to turn things into their favor. I wanna cancel a mistake fare and they saying no. Others wanna fly it and they saying no way.
My take is OTA would like to minimize hassles and to keep tickets as-is. Anything changes status quo will incur costs to an OTA.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I admit to being a little nervous with reports of cancellations. I'm watching my R2 for next week like a hawk. All good as of right now. I'm thinking if purchasing a KE refundable one way for $2k as an insurance policy. It comes with a $30 restocking fee, but it looks like it might be worth it.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:45 pm

Thumbs down

My next trips for Dec and April from RGN today been cancelled without any email/ phone call. I just got couple of refund emails from expedia.uk.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA, AC, AA, DL, AS, WN
update: as it stands - because everything has been refunded by xp.uk + a 100GBP voucher, I'm stuck with having to book a new itinerary. Delta, Air France (AF ticket stock) both said they couldn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:21 pm

I have a feeling this as something to do with x.uk. My other RGN trips are still valid so far.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by flyer31
I have a feeling this as something to do with x.uk. My other RGN trips are still valid so far.
Your other intact RGN trips are all in Round 2?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
If I remember correctly, there was one xp.de cancellation reported here.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by fly2fly
update: as it stands - because everything has been refunded by xp.uk + a 100GBP voucher, I'm stuck with having to book a new itinerary. Delta, Air France (AF ticket stock) both said they couldn't do anything. Am I doing something wrong?
So DL says that it was a unilateral decision by x.uk? Is x.uk bound by DOT? I know that the 24 hr cancellation rule doesn't apply to OTA's. seems that x.uk is risking negative publicity. Does anyone have any contacts for getting this out into the public? It is absolutely ridiculous that they are canceling tickets last minute.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by onfo
So DL says that it was a unilateral decision by x.uk? Is x.uk bound by DOT? I know that the 24 hr cancellation rule doesn't apply to OTA's. seems that x.uk is risking negative publicity. Does anyone have any contacts for getting this out into the public? It is absolutely ridiculous that they are canceling tickets last minute.
Maybe the FTC is the proper organization to file a complaint with. I'm not sure in this situation.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Your other intact RGN trips are all in Round 2?
yes my other RGN trips in round 2 are intact.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
So DL says that it was a unilateral decision by x.uk? Is x.uk bound by DOT?
DoT rule says "any seller of air transportation", so x.uk *should* be bound by them.
I am very interested in knowing what DL said exactly.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:42 pm

x,uk had the following explanation.

We regret to inform you that this itinerary has not been able to be confirmed at the price stated due to an error in how the price was filed on the Expedia.co.uk website by the airline concerned.
On behalf of our airline partner we wish to sincerely apologise for this error which has now been corrected for future reservations. You will be receiving a full refund and as a gesture of goodwill we will issue an additional refund of 100.00 on your original form of payment.

Last edited by flyer31; Nov 21, 2012 at 4:51 pm
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
x,uk had the following explanation.

We regret to inform you that this itinerary has not been able to be confirmed at the price stated due to an error in how the price was filed on the Expedia.co.uk website by the airline concerned.
On behalf of our airline partner we wish to sincerely apologise for this error which has now been corrected for future reservations. You will be receiving a full refund and as a gesture of goodwill we will issue an additional refund of 100.00 on your original form of payment.
I find this language of "not been able to be confirmed" interesting. All these fares were "confirmed" weeks ago.

Also interesting is the price error statement.

That said, if I wasn't interested in flying GBP100 as compensation would be great.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I've also started my positioning flight and was due to fly out of RGN on the 26th (RGN-NRT-LAX-YVR). I just got my Round 2 cancellation email from xp.uk. It's a good thing I was able to book a one way award back to SFO. Here's what I did:

I got the heads up from joelfreak and flyer31 a few days ago about their round 2 tickets being cancelled. I figured I needed a plan b just in case my ticket gets cancelled too, so I went ahead and put a one way AAdvantage reward reservation on hold BKK-SFO on RJ/CX. They usually can put award itins on hold for a few days. I was lucky I had enough miles and was able to score 2 tickets in J.

As soon as I got the cancellation email from xp.uk, I called AA and had them ticket the award. I think DL can also hold award itineraries IIRC.

I know this really sucks! I hope DL and XP don't getaway with this. Cancelling people's tickets a few days before travel is totally messed up! I'll be filing a DOT complaint soon...

Thanks to joelfreak, flyer31, and other FTers for sharing their experiences with the R2 cancellations. I would have been stuck in RGN if I didn't read your posts.

Now to deal with my cancelled R3 TL/IB tickets... I'll be filing a CTA complaint for that too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.