Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I think someone needs to write to x.uk and ask for WRITTEN communication from DL that says they had to cancel the ticket. Surely if they are trying to pass the blame they would provide that, no? :-P
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
I will be spending a week in Myanmar before taking our round 2 RGN-NRT-YVR flight booked on xp.fr. There is very limited internet access in Myanmar, so I will have to find out at check in in RGN if they cancelled my ticket or not? I will bring printouts of my confirmed ticket in any case.

Mine is on NH ticket stock btw. Are only DL tickets being cancelled so far?

Last edited by cardesigner2000; Nov 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reason: clarified which airport
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:25 pm

So do we have a total for tickets canceled in this latest round? So far I'm thinking 4 to 5 tickets?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by kannon99
So do we have a total for tickets canceled in this latest round? So far I'm thinking 4 to 5 tickets?
5 cancelled tickets, all booked on xp.co.uk with imminent travel dates, though 3 tickets belong to the same person who had an imminent travel date with one of these 3 tickets.

Meanwhile, only 1 FTer reported (FrankTalk) success in flying his ticket. So the prospect for Round 2 is not optimistic at all.

Last edited by lewende; Nov 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Deleted.

Last edited by Oxymore; Nov 21, 2012 at 8:11 pm Reason: ...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
5 cancelled tickets, all booked on xp.co.uk with imminent travel dates, though 3 tickets belong to the same person who had an imminent travel date with one of these 3 tickets.

Meanwhile, only 1 FTer reported (FrankTalk) success in flying his ticket. So the prospect for Round 2 is not optimistic at all.
my buddy who also booked on x.uk on dates in dec and april on a different booking using another email address still has the booking as confirmed. But my kid who was on my booking had the booking cancelled with me.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31
my buddy who also booked on x.uk on dates in dec and april on a different booking using another email address still has the booking as confirmed. But my kid who was on my booking had the booking cancelled with me.
If xp.co.uk really wants to play devil and only cancel tickets 2-3 days before departure date, your friend may need to consider a plan B to make alternative travel plans.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer31
Do you think they may actually process the cancellations by chronological order of booking?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxymore
Do you think they may actually process the cancellations by chronological order of booking?
I think they are doing it in chronological order. Flyer31's ticket was for the 19th I believe and he got his email a few days ago. Mine is on the 26th and I just got my dear John today...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
I think they are doing it in chronological order. Flyer31's ticket was for the 19th I believe and he got his email a few days ago. Mine is on the 26th and I just got my dear John today...
But they did BOTH of my tickets...so if you have more than one trip, they will do it on the date of the first...thats my guess.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
I booked on x.uk. Didnt get any communication from them so far. I am flying R2 on dec31.

DL and NH .com show only the first segment to NRT.

BUt my ticket is on AF, which shows all segments as confirmed. dont really know how to interpret this.

my planning for positioning flight is on hold
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Are you still able to access your itin on NH/DL site?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just to confirm, these tickets that are getting cxl-ed at the last minute are all Round 2, right?

I have NH-stock for Round 1, so it hits little close to home.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
Are you still able to access your itin on NH/DL site?
Not on the Delta site. It's completely gone.

On NH's site, when I put in the PNR, I get the following message:

*As the selected itinerary has been cancelled, it cannot be confirmed.(W_D42)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:41 pm

Oh and just as a data point, my ticket was originally NH stock, but was converted to DL stock after I called DL to change the routing thru LAX instead of SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.