Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by masshupoteto
I have a silly question, perhaps someone can quickly answer it for me.

What are the time frames for "round 1" and "round 2"? I have been thinking that my ticket is "round 2" when in actuality, it was ticketed on May 1, which makes it "round 1" -- I think. Can someone confirm?

I'm getting so nervous about my flight... joelfreak, I hope you are OK and getting home safely.
round 2 tickets were very limited in scope and involved (99% of cases one or two exceptions) travel on NH ex RGN to NRT connecting with Delta TPAC and then alaska airlines to Canada (usually YVR). Some people got via HNL.

Round 2 was triggered by the introduction of services to RGN by NH.

you can have either (99% of cases) NH 205 or Delta stock.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flyer31
I had my ticket voided and I was in Los Angeles for about 29-30 hours.
File with DOT.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by flyer31
I had my ticket voided and I was in Los Angeles for about 29-30 hours.
Uh oh....
NH or DL stock?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
round 2 tickets were very limited in scope and involved (99% of cases one or two exceptions) travel on NH ex RGN to NRT connecting with Delta TPAC and then alaska airlines to Canada (usually YVR). Some people got via HNL.

Thanks for clarifying, LHR/MEL/Europe FF! My ticket is definitely round 1 then but who knows what could happen between now and December. Definitely going to think of a plan B & C now.

Last edited by masshupoteto; Nov 20, 2012 at 1:15 am
Old Nov 19, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: M&M

As usual, dear sir, you are wrong. Round 2 was triggered by DL blanket modifying their TPAC fare rules which allowed one interline connection in Asia whereas previously all travel had to be on DL flights.

Just sayin'...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Paella747
Uh oh....
NH or DL stock?
AF ticket on delta i guess
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:16 pm

Silver lining?

With some of those NH tickets being canceled, I can now take the exit row on my biz jet flight

Or maybe people just decided to get rid of extra tickets they purchased.

But while I am on it, what is the best seat on the biz jet? Exit row? Bulkhead? Seatguru says exit row, but I am wondering if the BH might be better. Any firsthand experience? The ANA forum is lacking in info.

Last edited by onfo; Nov 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm Reason: added question
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
As usual, dear sir, you are wrong. Round 2 was triggered by DL blanket modifying their TPAC fare rules which allowed one interline connection in Asia whereas previously all travel had to be on DL flights.

Just sayin'...
Whatever For some of us lay people it seemed to be the new NH services that triggered round 2. But yes I do now recall some people flying via BKK to meet up DL services from there.

hardly 'wrong as usual'. There are polite ways to correct people. I'd rather be wrong occasionally than rude any time.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by onfo
With some of those NH tickets being canceled, I can now take the exit row on my biz jet flight

Or maybe people just decided to get rid of extra tickets they purchased.

But while I am on it, what is the best seat on the biz jet? Exit row? Bulkhead? Seatguru says exit row, but I am wondering if the BH might be better. Any firsthand experience? The ANA forum is lacking in info.
When you went to pick seats on the ANA site did you get a notice stating that the aircraft on this flight will be changing and your seats are not guaranteed?
That is the notice I got on my flight for May.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by kannon99
When you went to pick seats on the ANA site did you get a notice stating that the aircraft on this flight will be changing and your seats are not guaranteed?
Actually, yes. I did receive that notice. Perhaps demand from the Generals has been weaker than anticipated? Or their system is showing they need an all J 787 due to the insanely high demand
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by kannon99
Yes, the day I checked in for my 737 flight from RGN it showed it as being a 777. I even got moved into an F seat when I chose my seat on the seat map.

When landing in RGN to connect to my NH flight to NRT, I was anxiously looking to see if there was a 777 or 737 sitting at the gate. Unfortunately, it was a 737.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by onfo
Seatguru states the best seat as row 5 due to it being an exit row and having extra leg-room. So that is what I booked, and Seatguru couldn't be more wrong. I found to foot room to be limiting and since the entire flight had 7 people on board I moved to 4A, which was much better.

Frankly, any non-bulkhead seat is great, try to get a seat with nobody sitting in front of you (since the seats recline significantly) and you are good.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:24 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Another datapoint - my reservation was cancelled just one day before travel - by xp.de. I was going to cancel that trip anyway, so I was not in RGN. But this is a dangerous precedent. This is round 2. The tickets were through US.

This way if they cancel the tickets at short notice, there is no DOT complaint....

Last edited by 1k650; Nov 20, 2012 at 3:46 am
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1k650
Another datapoint - my reservation for Nov. 19th was cancelled on November 18th - just a day before - by xp.de. I was going to cancel that trip anyway, so I was not in RGN. But this is a dangerous precedent. This is round 2.
I appreciate from the reports that the flights are not so full. But you still hadn't cancelled your flight on 19 November by 18 November? Isn't that a bit unfair to the airlines who, if they had been busy, might be able to sell that seat to someone who wanted it and at least try and recoup some costs?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
I appreciate from the reports that the flights are not so full. But you still hadn't cancelled your flight on 19 November by 18 November? Isn't that a bit unfair to the airlines who, if they had been busy, might be able to sell that seat to someone who wanted it and at least try and recoup some costs?
My schedule is all last-minute. I was not sure till the day before whether I would be able to take the flight (I was in BKK).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.