Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:38 pm

My reservation still shows confirmed all the way from RGN-LAX-YVR both on delta.com and ex.uk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
Got the same email from xp.uk yesterday. I seriously do hope that they don't cancel the tickets. Mine is on the 26th.
If you are on delta.com with 057 ticket stock, and if you booked via x.uk then I guess you will have the same fate.
Good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:02 pm

Don't trust OTAs too much ! My perfectly fine DL ticket went totally crazy on TL. Now with a total of 11 flights, all Y and funny things like "Note: Change airport between FRA and HKG" . Nothing is true and the ticket is fine.
It's probably all about the new DL website that OTA-systems can't deal with.

But: flyer31 got a CALL from expedia, anyone else?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Originally Posted by flyer31
When are you travelling. Also did you purchase from x.uk. I also can still see my booking on delta.com.
mine is x.de on ANA stock and are to fly in 3 weeks.

Last edited by michael9; Nov 16, 2012 at 5:17 pm
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by HAMFRA
Don't trust OTAs too much ! My perfectly fine DL ticket went totally crazy on TL. Now with a total of 11 flights, all Y and funny things like "Note: Change airport between FRA and HKG" . Nothing is true and the ticket is fine.

Interesting. I have a very similar situation for round three. Travelocity.com is showing 'change of airport required' from LHR to JFK after the trans-Atlantic segments (IB-coded on BA metal) were dropped. And then all remaining flights were downgraded to Y. But IB, MH (first sector) and CX (the issuing carrier) all say everything is fine. Of course, I'm not ticketed on DL but I'm intrigued that the Travelocity website is giving the same, apparent, misinformation.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by HAMFRA

I was told that Delta wants to cancel my ticket as the fare was misquoted and expedia has nothing to do with this. Further I had 2 options, either to pay approx $5000 or to take a 100GBP as compensation which was being paid by expedia. I was also told I cannot fly as delta wants more money. I got the call from xp.uk. The caller was calling from UK. I asked for a day`s time to evaluate my options.
Phone call was followed by email where I was given the number if I needed to call back.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I was told that Delta wants to cancel my ticket as the fare was misquoted and expedia has nothing to do with this. Further I had 2 options, either to pay approx $5000 or to take a 100GBP as compensation which was being paid by expedia. I was also told I cannot fly as delta wants more money. I got the call from xp.uk. The caller was calling from UK. I asked for a day`s time to evaluate my options.
Phone call was followed by email where I was given the number if I needed to call back.
NH stock and xp.de good for now. will wait and see. guess it will follow the rest.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Reminder...

Don't forget to save and print those PDFs of the e-tickets. NH.COM will email you the ticket in its entirety.

I have numerous round 2 tickets and can't see all of them on DL.COM - some I can see to NRT and some to SEA, but they all show fully as ticketed on NH.COM. Since they're 205-stock that's what matters.

DL.COM is truly :-: best in class :-: Since the recent "update" it's not even showing normal domestic itins without trouble.

Side note: just sent to DC for my first RGN visa! I've been watching from the sidelines for months but I have my first itin coming up in Dec. I am looking forward to reading this thread from Shwedagon
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
slightly off topic.. but Jason Mraz will be performing at the Shwedagon on Dec 16th. Something to check out if you happen to be there. Unfortunately I'm arriving a few days later..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2012/11/16/us-music-jason-mraz.html
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
NH stock and xp.de good for now. will wait and see. guess it will follow the rest.
Mine is a little complicated because it was initially NH stock but I got the routing changed from NRT-SEA to NRT-LAX for the delta segments. Now it's showing DL stock on DL.dumb, but when I check ana.co.jp my ticket still shows as NH stock. I'm not sure which one's more accurate. Did anyone else get a call from xp.uk?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who submitted visa application with spouse/family - did you send a single money order or one per person? Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
For those who submitted visa application with spouse/family - did you send a single money order or one per person? Thanks
I submitted separate MOs for each application.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:58 pm

i have to inform ex.uk of my decision by morning. i was told they work from 4am-12 noon PST. Any advice.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
i have to inform ex.uk of my decision by morning. i was told they work from 4am-12 noon PST. Any advice.
Did you try to call DL directly?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:50 am

BKK-RGN/TG TWOV near miss

Just another data point for transit without visa (TWOV) at RGN.

I was pulled aside last night while boarding my flight BKK-PEK-KMG-RGN.. Agent said I could NOT fly without a visa. He cited rules stating TWOV must be on the same plane to qualify. Pulled out some rule he looked up. Went to transit desk and told them I'd just done a TWOV last month with no problem. They tried to call immigration in Yangon (don't think they got an answer). The supervisor finally relented when I showed the record of my last trip. They were confused by the circuitous routing this time (I went thru KMG to avoid BKK-RGN-BKK (which I thought didn't qualify for TWOV -- can't have same country as origin/destination).

They had 4-5 girls at the transit desk working on this while I nearly missed the flight (last to board) I think it was a combination of an over zealous check-in agent (I told him what I was doing) and too much free time at the transfer desk. Bottom line: TWOV at RGN is still unfamiliar to some so make sure you have all tickets/documentation to support your case.

Had no problem transiting just now @RGN. Although the lounge guy was being a d*** and wouldn't let me in to wait until the TG desk opens. I paid to get in the MAI lounge for now ($15!). Btw lots of military/VIPs pre-Obama. Glad to leave before the big show gets underway here .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.