Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Do you use the same computer for all cards? I could register a few with one computer, but none with another computer and some other cards. I really don't understand how it works and they have not fixed it till today.
I tried another computer and still didn't work. But that gave me the idea of using the LTE on my phone. That did work! I was able to check my transactions and register the card. Thanks. So I was wrong and it does have something to do with your IP.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:41 am

the deal is back on. Just4U version but with the wrinkle that it is both MC and Visa. Runs thru July 1.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
the deal is back on. Just4U version but with the wrinkle that it is both MC and Visa. Runs thru July 1.
Awesome! Thanks! ^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:47 am

Is the current deal working on $500 VGCs?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flyby01
Is the current deal working on $500 VGCs?
Yes, jut bought $500 VGC at VONS no problem
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:22 pm

Bought $500 at Safeway in NOVA no problem.

Originally Posted by hoak
Yes, jut bought $500 VGC at VONS no problem
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:06 am

variable vgc does not have fuel points in my area.
How about fixed value one?
I recalled 5back worked in this January.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
$100 Master Card with red/plaid packaging earned 360 fuel points in my purchase (I guess the fuel points are based on the discounted amount of $90 for the card).

Cashier read the entire back of the card before allowing me to pay for it with a credit card. She did not say anything but when I asked her why, as I was waiting the 10 seconds for Safeway to slowly process my Chip card, she said, "I have to read the back of every gift card to make sure it doesn't say cash only."

What gift cards say "cash only" explicitly on the back?

Hard to believe how poorly run Safeway is. At Kroger with gift card transactions they scan the card and that is it. ID needed on the $100+ swipe credit card purchases in violation of Visa/MasterCard Rules but other than that everything there goes through promptly.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer

What gift cards say "cash only" explicitly on the back?

Hard to believe how poorly run Safeway is. At Kroger with gift card transactions they scan the card and that is it. ID needed on the $100+ swipe credit card purchases in violation of Visa/MasterCard Rules but other than that everything there goes through promptly.
Reloadit - in the front. That's what the cashiers were told not to allow credit card payment.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by redarmy
Reloadit - in the front. That's what the cashiers were told not to allow credit card payment.
One of Safeways nearby even showed me email they got from the corporate prohibiting them from selling reloadable cards for anything but cash. The problem is they now think "variable" is the same as "reloadable"!!! And I cannot get the idea that these are different things to them. Oh well...
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by abcpp
One of Safeways nearby even showed me email they got from the corporate prohibiting them from selling reloadable cards for anything but cash. The problem is they now think "variable" is the same as "reloadable"!!! And I cannot get the idea that these are different things to them. Oh well...
Thank you for the info. It helps explain the strange confusion I've had at all but one of my Safeways. I knew they had some kind of memo, but couldn't figure out what the real issue was. I'm down to one semi-reliable store for now. At least now I know what I'm dealing with.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
If Safeway wants to have tender type restrictions for certain gift cards, why can't they program it into the cash register?

Why is this company so inept?

Why can every other retailer program tender type restrictions into its register so it does not turn into a game of interpretation with poorly trained employees who do not understand the policy? In a speed focused environment like a grocery store checkout, you do not want employees to be stopping and reading the details on every gift card package and then trying to self-interpret if they can sell it with payment other than cash or not. You want the cashier to scan the "cash only" gift card and either have a message pop up after it is scanned that says "cash only" or have an error pop up upon payment tender when the cashier tries to sell the gift card with anything other than cash.

Even Rite Aid can get this right. Rite Aid- with its VERY old cash registers... can do a tender type restriction on variable load cards. They also post signs that are very clear for the customer and employee (if necessary to explain it to them).
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
If Safeway wants to have tender type restrictions for certain gift cards, why can't they program it into the cash register?

Why is this company so inept?

Why can every other retailer program tender type restrictions into its register so it does not turn into a game of interpretation with poorly
Safeway's ineptitude is a major plus, please don't wish it away.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by slack455
Safeway's ineptitude is a major plus, please don't wish it away.
+1

Sometimes an omission is a plus.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:13 pm

First-time poster, here.

I've been buying the variable-load VGCs from Safeway in Portland, OR. I haven't had any major issues so far.

However, yesterday, when I bought one $500 VGC, the cashier asked for my ID and called a manager over. He didn't seem like he wanted to engage with me at all, so I didn't get an explanation.

Anyone know what this could be about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.