$1000 every rolling 30 days
$6000 every rolling 12 months

Withdraw limits:
1 free withdrawal per calendar month
Print Wikipost

AmEx Prepaid Campus Edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:12 pm

I tried to load the CE today, and like the above posters experienced an issue loading. However, buying a new card was a non issue.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jm38750n
I tried to load the CE today, and like the above posters experienced an issue loading. However, buying a new card was a non issue.
So, you bought a new CE and temp card with a CC? Are you going to get a new perm CE card?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
So, you bought a new CE and temp card with a CC? Are you going to get a new perm CE card?
Given the restrictions on the permanent card, I'm not sure there is any value getting a permanent card - I would just use it as a conduit to CVS or similar to buy usable instruments like BB or PPC in place of the now very pricy office store gift cards.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Several dozen
We don't talk of conduits, schemes, or structuring here. Weez legitimate businessmen!

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Given the restrictions on the permanent card, I'm not sure there is any value getting a permanent card - I would just use it as a conduit to CVS or similar to buy usable instruments like BB or PPC in place of the now very pricy office store gift cards.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:10 pm
jk2

Did anybody called AMEX and asked why the cards cannot be loaded at campus stores? I tried twice to load mine (last week and this) and no luck.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I will continue to load the permanent card, but your original post inspired me to load up on the disposable CE cards and take it another step to liquidate like the way you mentioned in your post I have quoted
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jk2
Did anybody called AMEX and asked why the cards cannot be loaded at campus stores? I tried twice to load mine (last week and this) and no luck.
That probably makes sense. Or at least we can send them a secured message.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:36 pm

The guy I talked to mentioned that the card could only be loaded with mp, direct deposit, or through a bank account. I haven't been to the store yet. Were folks just swiping the CC at the register to load? It seems like this is MP only now.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Yes and they said nothing wrong with my account or on the AmEx backend.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
The guy I talked to mentioned that the card could only be loaded with mp, direct deposit, or through a bank account. I haven't been to the store yet. Were folks just swiping the CC at the register to load? It seems like this is MP only now.
I've always done mine just by swiping my CC.

Mike
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:08 am

Anyone tried this at CUA bookstore in DC?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:28 am

The next time someone is able to load with CC, please let us know. I'm trying to save the gas of driving to campus if I can't get it done.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:50 am

a little confused to the status of this. is it not loading with cards on the CE you get in the mail?

and can you load temp CE cards (where would those be?)
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jm38750n
I will continue to load the permanent card, but your original post inspired me to load up on the disposable CE cards and take it another step to liquidate like the way you mentioned in your post I have quoted
You are buying temp CE cards and then going to CVS to buy VR with the temp CE card?
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:00 am

What's the status of this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.