Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmanZoe (Greece)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

basically, how hotel splits between rooms, could have it be prepaid nonrefundable, etc
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Here's the current pricing as I was just working to book a client there:

Transfer rates are as follows:
Ground transfers (2 ½ hours) from Athens
o Luxury sedan (2 adults or 2 adults and one child) at the cost of €400 plus 24% tax per way
o Luxury S.U.V. (3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children) at the cost of €450 plus 24% tax per way
o Minivan (up to 6 adults) at the cost of €520 plus 24% tax per way
Helicopter transfer with an approximate duration of 25 min from Athens airport or close to Piraeus port
Rates start as of € 1985 per way, but kindly note that flights are only operational between sunrise and sunset.
Please contact directly our preferred partner – IFly, to proceed with a reservation and/ or any additional information required.
Mr. Spyros Vaxevanos (e: [email protected] & m: +30 6970185183) who is the company’s charter manager will be more than happy to assist you. (www.Ifly.gr)
The mentioned rate is normally for two guest + luggage. The rate for the next category (4 guest) is EUR2,550.
Boat transfer, either with a public ferry or with a private boat.
o Amanzoe offers a private yacht ‘Aquazoe’, which is a Pershing 62 model. The transfer with Aquazoe (around 1 hour 45min and max 8 passengers) is at the cost of €5.500 per way. At this rate you can combine your arrival to the resort with a day cruise & excursion to the islands close by such as Spetses or Hydra. Have a stop in one of your preferred islands and explore the surroundings, local towns or even have lunch prior to arriving at your final destination.
o For seasonal public hydrofoil transfers (3 hours) between Athens Piraeus Port and Porto Heli / Ermioni towns, full information can be found on http://www.hellenicseaways.gr. Please refer to website for up to date rates and bookings.
Hope to stay next year. Know excacly who will not take Heli or Yacht Will also not take the car, simply rent a car and will be also mobile all the time.

While I may see some sense in flying by Helicopter if it´s a scenic drive I would never pay 5.500 € (+ 24% ????) for a 1:45 hour drive. But I guess there is a market and if people enjoy why not.....
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
This is what I was quoted in 2016. I'm sure it's only gone up
Thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:40 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by offerendum
Hope to stay next year. Know excacly who will not take Heli or Yacht Will also not take the car, simply rent a car and will be also mobile all the time.

While I may see some sense in flying by Helicopter if it´s a scenic drive I would never pay 5.500 € (+ 24% ????) for a 1:45 hour drive. But I guess there is a market and if people enjoy why not.....
Planning to visit next April (my wife is a teacher, it's then/spring break or not at all). I share your thought regarding the heli transfer but I'm sure they have clients who are more than happy to pay that for the views and save time. There are some who will easily spend more than that on a bottle of wine at dinner
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Many thanks!
Here's the current pricing as I was just working to book a client there:

Transfer rates are as follows:
Ground transfers (2 ½ hours) from Athens
o Luxury sedan (2 adults or 2 adults and one child) at the cost of €400 plus 24% tax per way
o Luxury S.U.V. (3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children) at the cost of €450 plus 24% tax per way
o Minivan (up to 6 adults) at the cost of €520 plus 24% tax per way
Helicopter transfer with an approximate duration of 25 min from Athens airport or close to Piraeus port
Rates start as of € 1985 per way, but kindly note that flights are only operational between sunrise and sunset.
Please contact directly our preferred partner – IFly, to proceed with a reservation and/ or any additional information required.
Mr. Spyros Vaxevanos (e: [email protected] & m: +30 6970185183) who is the company’s charter manager will be more than happy to assist you. (www.Ifly.gr)
The mentioned rate is normally for two guest + luggage. The rate for the next category (4 guest) is EUR2,550.
Boat transfer, either with a public ferry or with a private boat.
o Amanzoe offers a private yacht ‘Aquazoe’, which is a Pershing 62 model. The transfer with Aquazoe (around 1 hour 45min and max 8 passengers) is at the cost of €5.500 per way. At this rate you can combine your arrival to the resort with a day cruise & excursion to the islands close by such as Spetses or Hydra. Have a stop in one of your preferred islands and explore the surroundings, local towns or even have lunch prior to arriving at your final destination.
o For seasonal public hydrofoil transfers (3 hours) between Athens Piraeus Port and Porto Heli / Ermioni towns, full information can be found on http://www.hellenicseaways.gr. Please refer to website for up to date rates and bookings.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:03 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FTers arriving / departing at same time could split helicopter / yacht ?
anyone (incl agents) done such split with aman / other luxury hotel ?
Haven't tried it but don't see why not. i.e. 2 FTer couples splitting Heli at EU 1,275 each
logistically could be difficult if both people are coming off flights. What would y'all do if one flight was delayed? Besides most Aman guests tend to be pretty private, I would doubt that they would be super keen on social media type networking that seems so common with millenials these days.

Planning to visit next April (my wife is a teacher, it's then/spring break or not at all). I share your thought regarding the heli transfer but I'm sure they have clients who are more than happy to pay that for the views and save time. There are some who will easily spend more than that on a bottle of wine at dinner

I would say the drive is closer to 3.25 hours. Maybe 3. First 45 minutes or so are on highway, rest is on very windy roads. The drive is not relaxing and if you're prone to car sickness then definitely not. All things considered I can't justify the roundtrip cost of the helicopter so hence while I loved Amanzoe for that reason I am not sure I would return. In comparison while Amangiri was almost five hours from Vegas it was a very easy drive and quite beautiful so I would definitely return.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:08 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I will start saving for the Heli transfer...ramen for the next few weeks
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

I would say the drive is closer to 3.25 hours. Maybe 3. First 45 minutes or so are on highway, rest is on very windy roads. The drive is not relaxing and if you're prone to car sickness then definitely not. All things considered I can't justify the roundtrip cost of the helicopter so hence while I loved Amanzoe for that reason I am not sure I would return. In comparison while Amangiri was almost five hours from Vegas it was a very easy drive and quite beautiful so I would definitely return.
I´m glad I have not such problems. Could it be an option to fly to Kalamata?

There are some who will easily spend more than that on a bottle of wine at dinner
I have no doubt about it
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:37 pm
formerly htang333

I´m glad I have not such problems. Could it be an option to fly to Kalamata?

I have no doubt about it
Sorry, slightly off topic. Was at St. Regis Maldives few weeks ago and was told a guest purchased a $35K bottle at dinner one night.

While I was debating if I wanted to pay $75 for a steak
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FlyingDoctorwu, i mean luxury hotels forum regulars in athens, or same flight from LON/NYC etc
id have no problem sharing transportation, as its no different from commercial/scheduled aviation

although in this case helicopter only 1275 vs 1985
luxury yacht 1375 vs 5500 but different situation

400 / 2.5 = 160
400 / 5 = 80

400 / 3 = 133
400 / 6 = 67

per hour not crazy
vs some city hotels

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 18, 2017 at 3:07 pm
Old Aug 17, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, slightly off topic. Was at St. Regis Maldives few weeks ago and was told a guest purchased a $35K bottle at dinner one night
And now imagine the waiter drops it on the way to your table or you try and mention it tasted terrible

But back: When I needed transportation it was sometimes much cheaper to take a third parties service (like blacklane). But of course in this case you don't have all advantages which can be more or less valueable.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:10 am

I've done that journey twice in a helicopter and 8 times in a car, so feel confident to say that it can be done in 2.5 hours. If you have the Aman car waiting for you on arrival, then the time saved between a helicopter is really not that much. The realistic time of the helicopter is around 40 minutes, plus you have to be driven to the airport, then wait for a while, then take off, so in total you save yourself maybe 1 hour. As FDW says though, it is not a unpleasant drive, and having also driven from Vegas to Amangiri, I'd pick that any day.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
also driven from Vegas to Amangiri
Which is in my opinion an easy and if you take the Zion-route beautiful drive.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:19 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
My son experienced motion sickness on the Amanzoe drive. We gave him some meds for the return trip and he did just fine. It's beautiful though.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I'm on day 3 of 5 on my 5th Amanzoe visit and wanted to drop down some thoughts on it.

I last visited in 2015 and wrote, what I think was my first ever trip report, on these forums. I mentioned how I was disappointed at some of the minor service blips. Well, 2 years on and they're still there, but in abundance. It seems to me that Amanzoe is only worth visiting and experiencing the "true" Aman service if you do not go during full occupancy. Seeing that they are almost fully booked between June > September, that does not give you much choice in the matter. The resort is closed ~5 months of the year, so they should be used to dealing with full occupancy, but instead it seems they're staffing at off-peak levels.
It seems that we're all busy talking of the downfall of Aman, so in the spirit of giving the positive, I just returned from another stay at Amanzoe and it had returned to the near perfection that I experienced on my first ever Aman (which actually was Amanzoe), and that made me love the brand so much. I have almost (it's me, so I'll always find something) nothing to complain about. As I said, it's me: so except the first evenings meal that made me think that they had not improved the F&B at all, yet that seemed the aberration and everything else was great.

Service was just spot on, with so many wonderful details - this is what I expect of an Aman, but it's great for them to 100% deliver on, and even exceed, those expectations. It was a masterclass in delivering personalised service. My father was in a connecting pavilion to enjoy his second stay here, with his last being in 2014, so I got to have his, let's say, less-pedantic punditry on everything, and even though he too hated the first evening meal so much that I think it's joined the ranks of Aman-i-Khas - where he got food poisoning - and now means I need to hear about it forever more, he too thoroughly enjoyed everything else.

Some further pictures. Not that anything is different from previously, but because they're better than last year and eventually, probably by 2025, they will be better than the brochure...that was made in 2012.

/
Fliar, bhrubin and BESVISOR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.