Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Are private Porsche rides only offered out of the fct??? I left from first class in term b and was put in a van w others. Was told there were rides by the lounge agent. They were not specific. Just didn't expect to get in a ride w others as I was expecting my Porsche ride. When I complained to the agent at the bridge was told it was only.offered at the fct.
It usually depends on the number of people going to the plane and the availability of cars. Recently, two Porsches were waiting for two F-pax in MUC and later I was put in a Mercedes mini-van with 3 others out of the FCT in FRA. Not really predictable.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A decent TA can sell you the ticket easily. No smart upgrade on AC flight number, buy up at checkin is always available.
danke vielmals!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A decent TA can sell you the ticket easily. No smart upgrade on AC flight number, buy up at checkin is always available.
Local travel agent gave a quote. I asked whether tix were issued on OS and he said yes -- but I suspect something could have been lost in translation.

Essentially the ticket could only be issued on AC or OS stock....and that OS operates the longhaul it should be assumed issuer (#257...)??? Or is there some other special condition as it is bought through 3rd party?

Last edited by deniah; Apr 28, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, OS stock is correct and also needed for myoffer.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Hej Guys,

If i am flying 2 segments (BRU-FRA-GOT) and i upgrade first or last leg to Business class. Will i get lounge access on both BRU and FRA?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Hej Guys,

If i am flying 2 segments (BRU-FRA-GOT) and i upgrade first or last leg to Business class. Will i get lounge access on both BRU and FRA?
If you don't have status you only get lounge access when departing from any airport. So you will get lounge access in BRU if upgrading the first leg or FRA if upgrading the last leg.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: M&M FT, A3
Hello,

I've a question regarding benefits when FTL. I'm Miles&More FTL and for my next flight I want to earn miles on another program (OZ). I have no status with OZ.
With FTL status I can register my bag at the business class counter and get access to the LH Group lounges.
If my boarding pass shows my frequent flyer number from OZ, can I still have access to the LH lounge simply by showing my (plastic) FTL silver card ?
Or will I be denied because the boarding pass does not show my LH Group status ?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Hej Guys,

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you don't have status you only get lounge access when departing from any airport. So you will get lounge access in BRU if upgrading the first leg or FRA if upgrading the last leg.

If you upgrade the first leg, you will be able to access the arrival lounge (but not the others) in FRA.

Last edited by Nic33; Apr 27, 2017 at 7:04 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by djsneak
Hello,

I've a question regarding benefits when FTL. I'm Miles&More FTL and for my next flight I want to earn miles on another program (OZ). I have no status with OZ.
With FTL status I can register my bag at the business class counter and get access to the LH Group lounges.
If my boarding pass shows my frequent flyer number from OZ, can I still have access to the LH lounge simply by showing my (plastic) FTL silver card ?
Or will I be denied because the boarding pass does not show my LH Group status ?
*Ideally* you should be able to specify one FFP for crediting, and one for status. However, LH really does not like that, and your M&M number will be entered instead of the OZ one.

You could try to replace the number at the gate, but it's highly likely the GA will say no.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by djsneak
Hello,

With respect to the business class counter, the rules seem to not allow you to use the business class check in:

Simply check in faster than other passengers: Regardless of your booked travel class, you can use the Business Class check-in counters, provided that you are booked on a scheduled flight with Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, Eurowings (includes the flights operated by Germanwings), LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Luxair or SWISS.

unquote

But it seems that you could use the C lounge:

Frequent Travellers who are travelling in Economy Class on a scheduled flight operated by a Star Alliance airline can enjoy their stay at the airport in one of the Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS Business Lounges or in the lounges of Miles & More partners Brussels Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines.

unquote

I note that there is a discrepancy with respect to the LOT lounge access in the rules set forth on the M&M website. Certain of the rules seem to indicate that LOT lounge access is allowed only for FTL passengers traveling on M&M airlines.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:40 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nic33
If you upgrade the first leg, you will be able to access the arrival lounge (but not the others) in FRA.
Sorry to be pedantic but the arrival lounge can only be accessed when arriving on longhaul flights in the morning and is not relevant when flying BRU-FRA-GOT.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the LH customer service address in the USA?
I need to contact them to resolve a damaged luggage issue.
The damage report form does not provide any contact information stateside.
I have tried the regular CS email, but got only a canned response ......

Meanwhile I found a snailmail address:

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Feedback
P.O Box 425
East Meadow
N.Y. 11554
USA

Last edited by cesco.g; Apr 28, 2017 at 12:45 pm Reason: add snaillmail
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: ba silver
I am interested in more info on the paid upgrade option for intra-Europe flights for a nominal fee. Is it only for available to purchase on a strictly Europe origin and destination ticket or can I upgrade intra- Europe flights say, on a YUL-FRA-ATH booking. If I book PY on the LH website the Europe portion books in Y if that makes a difference.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The 79/99 EUR upgrades are explained here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...n-flights.html

Yes you can upgrade individual sectors, Y will rebook into C or D.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:14 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Greetings,

I am flying EWR-FRA in business on the 747-8i later in May and was curious if all of you frequent LH flyers think the upperdeck is he better option for seating or maindeck? Seatguru has mixed reviews, and I have only done the 744 and 380 before.

Danke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.