Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flamewing
Who said that they were working on THAT?
What they told me sounded different:
See my ealier post.
Dude, I know. But most of us have to complete all 7 offers in order to get the Big Win payout. That would be hard to accomplish if the survey didn't count, when it is one of the seven offers...

What they answered you is different, since you have a different challenge than most, with only 6 offers to be completed. You've already seen my take on it earlier. Have they responded you yet after showing them your T&C etc?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Dude, I know. But most of us have to complete all 7 offers in order to get the Big Win payout. That would be hard to accomplish if the survey didn't count, when it is one of the seven offers...

What they answered you is different, since you have a different challenge than most, with only 6 offers to be completed. You've already seen my take on it earlier. Have they responded you yet after showing them your T&C etc?
Hmmn, I have 4 challenges + Bigwin + 100point Survey and need complete all five challenges.

mine say "Complete 5 of your offers and earn xx,000 points" so the 100point survey must count as one of the "Offers" since I only have
o Stay Saturday Nights (8 needed)
o Stay Cities (3 needed)
o Stay Brands (5 needed)
o Stay More nights (30 needed)
o Survey 100points
o WinBig (which is not an offer with goals) but pays a total of the sum of my individual challenges.

For those having complete 5/6, 6/7 or 7/8 offers, the WinBig final bonus is not the sum of your tasks as one task will be dropped. Although easier to not drop the 'survey' to complete the Bigwin, you will surely get more points by completing all tasks other than the survey .
... Just go for survey if one task is too costly or does not suit your planned travel.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Hmmn, I have 4 challenges + Bigwin + 100point Survey and need complete all five challenges.

mine say "Complete 5 of your offers and earn xx,000 points" so the 100point survey must count as one of the "Offers" since I only have
o Stay Saturday Nights (8 needed)
o Stay Cities (3 needed)
o Stay Brands (5 needed)
o Stay More nights (30 needed)
o Survey 100points
o WinBig (which is not an offer with goals) but pays a total of the sum of my individual challenges.

For those having complete 5/6, 6/7 or 7/8 offers, the WinBig final bonus is not the sum of your tasks as one task will be dropped. Although easier to not drop the 'survey' to complete the Bigwin, you will surely get more points by completing all tasks other than the survey .
... Just go for survey if one task is too costly or does not suit your planned travel.
Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot (without any personal details of course) which I might send the IHG Customer Service in order to strip them of their basis of argumentation?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I would love to know how they put together these offers and payout. The Big Win in 2013 was very hard for me to complete and only paid 60k in total if I did all 7 offers. This year I could easily complete 6 of the 7 needed and the total is 166k this time. I have bookings already so I know I will complete all 7 offers.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
From MY points of view the Survey is an offer like all the other offers (only that it is not a stay based offer) and should count towards the "Win big" challenge.

However from THEIR point of view (IHG Ambassador Service) you have to complete a certain number of stay based offers to complete the "Win big" challenge.

My problem is: I cannot read anywhere in the T&C that the offers counting towards the "Win big" challenge have to be stay based offers.

Got it now?
ok.... now clearer.....

well like i said, this challenge is a big joke, as the T&C is not even clear!!!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
Read again please. I said it has not been counted towards the Big Win. I got my 100 points within a minute too, as has been reported here. But, when looking at the Big Win challenge, which means completing X offers, it does not count, which is an error that they are working on.
Ok... I misunderstood you.

For me the "Book Direct" offer is never updated. It still show 0 even I booked my HI Bangkok sukhumvit directly early Jan.

On my previous challenge, I should have completed the "Book Direct", but it still end up 1/2 until the end of the game. When I queried this so many times, they told me it is IT problem.

My question why can't they just manually update it?
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:19 am

From MY points of view the Survey is an offer like all the other offers (only that it is not a stay based offer) and should count towards the "Win big" challenge.

However from THEIR point of view (IHG Ambassador Service) you have to complete a certain number of stay based offers to complete the "Win big" challenge.

My problem is: I cannot read anywhere in the T&C that the offers counting towards the "Win big" challenge have to be stay based offers.

Got it now?
got it now... well this challenge is so stupid as the T&C is not even clear to begin with
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Two different..

thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:05 am

Mobile App Bookings

I'm having a tough time getting the mobile app bookings to appear as qualified stays under the "book with our app" requirement of the big win. The stays post, but the requirement doesn't check off under the app bookings.

I was going to stay a few more times at IHG, but I think I'll sit this one out. I hate the headache of worrying about whether or not the stay is going to post.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The main point is that IHG doesn't see this as an urgent issue, as we do. They see it that we're lucky to be getting most of these points now, and the mobile (web)/survey problems can wait until the final "deadline" weeks after the close of the promotion (May/June).
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by NathanL104
I'm having a tough time getting the mobile app bookings to appear as qualified stays under the "book with our app" requirement of the big win. The stays post, but the requirement doesn't check off under the app bookings.

I was going to stay a few more times at IHG, but I think I'll sit this one out. I hate the headache of worrying about whether or not the stay is going to post.
alot of people have had issues with this task. I reached out to IHG on twitter and was told the forwarded my issue to correct dept and I would have an answer within 14 days, but I am not holding my breath. IHG website help is useless and that is probably where the twitter twits sent it back to.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:14 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by NathanL104

I've just had a stay made on my iPhone post and although it shows up on Big Win it's not showing as one of my required bookings made via a mobile device.

This has prevented me getting the 2,000 Points but would also have triggered my Big Win as well so is very disapoointing.

Why can't they just get things like this right?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Sadly, its past this weeks Monday overnight update, which means its at least 1 more week before the book via ihg promo posts. For me its been 5 weeks since my stay. That is a ridiculous amount of time to fix this. IHG, this is becoming unacceptable!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Sadly, its past this weeks Monday overnight update
Last week I had an update on Monday (i.e. overnight Sunday) in which one of my stays showed up against one of my criteria (Start the day off right), but did not show on 3 others (Book with IHG, Stay More and Earn and Credit Card).

On Tuesday morning, the same stay showed up on Stay More and Earn.

Obviously it didn't go against my Credit card task or Book with IHG, but it does look like there are more than one database update over the course of the week.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by FedUp2
Do stays at the various ANA Hotels in Japan count towards all the Big Win challenges (including the one that requires a Best Flex Rate with Breakfast)? Or is there some rule, which has remained obscure to me so far, that excludes these from the Big Win promo?
Was discussed somewhere in the 2013 thread, conclusion was no, but
co-branded hotels, eg Crowne Plaza ANA, count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.