Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Is the general consensus here that UK BPGs are now pretty much impossible to get?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Personally I wouldn't advise on the different address i can only imagine them to try ban you for some reason or the other, its fine to leave you ihg number out though.
I also used a different phone number and email address. The only thing that was the same was my last name. As long as someone isn't trying to make consecutive night stays and is following the general BPG terms what is the harm in trying if you are getting denied for bogus reasons? I feel that sometimes I get denied or scrutinized harder by the claim reps because I have had numerous claims under my ihg rewards number.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by patgarrett
Is the general consensus here that UK BPGs are now pretty much impossible to get?
Nope, can still be done maybe not easy but if it was easy this program would be shut down right?
Old May 28, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by discountsae
I also used a different phone number and email address. The only thing that was the same was my last name. As long as someone isn't trying to make consecutive night stays and is following the general BPG terms what is the harm in trying if you are getting denied for bogus reasons? I feel that sometimes I get denied or scrutinized harder by the claim reps because I have had numerous claims under my ihg rewards number.
hmm quite the contrary for me personally, and i have done a lot. I'd say i have a 95% success rate and have not felt myself getting denied for the reason you mention above. There has been the odd time when a claim just wouldn't work even when you know its 100% foolproof. On those rare occasions you just move on and try the claim another day/time.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:35 pm

Currently I am having a hard time getting London BRG approved. Anyone care to share any GBP websites with me? (through pm maybe?)
Old May 30, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Can anyone help me out with current sites for the USA?

I can trade UK ones by PM in return that generally work for me

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:13 pm

Have the terms changed recently? As it seems best flexible is no longer comparable to other rates, even if it's the only rate available on IHG.com
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
hm.. just tried a BRG, got this new bs reason:

We have verified the website www.booking.com. Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend the Guarantee to your reservation because the rate you booked has a different package inclusion from the rate you are claiming on the competing website. The rate you booked includes unlimited high speed internet access and 25% off of Business Centre services which is not offered on the competing website.

wow..
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ft531
Have the terms changed recently? As it seems best flexible is no longer comparable to other rates, even if it's the only rate available on IHG.com
someone else did mention it last week (Scroll back a few posts), but i did one the other day as a trial and worked ok as normal.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by lenardl
hm.. just tried a BRG, got this new bs reason:

We have verified the website www.booking.com. Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend the Guarantee to your reservation because the rate you booked has a different package inclusion from the rate you are claiming on the competing website. The rate you booked includes unlimited high speed internet access and 25% off of Business Centre services which is not offered on the competing website.

wow..
tbh if you booked a rate on ihg with that inclusion (sounds like business sense rate) it would be declined.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by mitpat474
someone else did mention it last week (Scroll back a few posts), but i did one the other day as a trial and worked ok as normal.
Yes it was me. Always rejected because they don't want to compare the best flexible with other rate if it is the lowest available.

Showing them the terms they just answer that they have the right to cancel or restrict the use of BRG...

I did with prepaid rate yesterday and approved for next week. But no more possible for a stay within 3 days with only best flexible rate available.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
Yes it was me. Always rejected because they don't want to compare the best flexible with other rate if it is the lowest available.

Showing them the terms they just answer that they have the right to cancel or restrict the use of BRG...

I did with prepaid rate yesterday and approved for next week. But no more possible for a stay within 3 days with only best flexible rate available.
strange as it did work for me.. i might try another one for the weekend to test..
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Lotfi070
I suspect they are now only allowing a comparison between 3rd party's AP rate (non-refundable) vs. IHG's best flex (assuming it's the lowest available).

e.g. If the 3rd party rate is refundable up to 5 days before arrival but IHG is up to 3 days, they will still pull the "more restrictive" card.

Happy to be proven wrong, of course.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by patgarrett
yes I agree I think we need to help each other with a list of sites to use. none of the sites I usually use work.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by marko4ever29
yes I agree I think we need to help each other with a list of sites to use. none of the sites I usually use work.
haha nice try

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.