Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Can any of you tell me what avenue I should take here?
Deal with it.

The time you have put into this unpleasant matter is worth more than you could have saved by a succesful BRG.

Nevertheless you are right. IHG's BPG desk is totally unreliable and this is absolutetly annoying. Although claims are denied injustifiable and success seems random I do like their program
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Can any of you tell me what avenue I should take here? I've sent it in requesting a supervisor and they still are not taking into account the previous day's date when I actually made my reservation.

What it looks like is that they are receiving information from claims....lowering their online price....and THEN replying to claims with a letter of denial.

Should I call/email IHG customer service?

This is so wrong.
This is so wrong? The only thing wrong is your understanding of the rules. the rules clearly state that validation of the current rates are only valid as of the time that they review it. They have NEVER gone back to look at what the rate was when you booked it. it's what it is, when they review it. it may not be right, but those are the rules if you wish to play the game.

Drop your complaining and stop wasting their time. you're not going to win on this one.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Drop your complaining and stop wasting their time. you're not going to win on this one.
^ Blame the Dan's Deals blogger. He ruined it for all of us.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by patgarrett
^ Blame the Dan's Deals blogger. He ruined it for all of us.
+100000000000
What a schmuck
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:08 am

Anyone knows if destinia.co.uk charges in GBP?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Anyone knows if destinia.co.uk charges in GBP?
does not look good

destina.co.uk switches to destina.com when returns search results. Even where hotel is priced in £ (your currency choice top right corner of screen )
choosing a room rate displayed in £££s displays next screen in EUROs with (£££s bracketted after)
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
1st question
what does this mean? in the brg terms regarding japan hotels
6. d. Japan. In Japan and on the ANAIHG website, the room price does include extra person fees. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, but all other IHG hotels, including ANAIHG hotels, on the ANAIHG website are eligible.

2nd..
the rooms appear to be exact same

but this is the other sites cancellation terms:

Each room in this reservation is subject to the hotel's cancellation policy which is: Cancellations before 06/13/2015, 11:59 PM (Asia/Tokyo) are fully refundable. Bookings cancelled after 06/13/2015, 11:59 PM (Asia/Tokyo) are subject to a fee of 1 night's room and tax. There is no refund for no-shows or early checkouts.

here is the terms on ihg

Cancellation Policy: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Monday, 15 June, 2015 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 15 June, 2015, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

whats the likelyhood i win this?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:48 am

0%.

The cancellation terms are better on IHG.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:08 am

Horrible BRG claim experience with IHG

Hi all, I'd like to share a bad experience with IHG BRG claim.

Booked a trip from official site with the lowest price, therefore non-refundable.

Right after booking, i checked trip advisor, and found that "book directly with tripadvisor" actually is 15% lower, plus free cancellation, same room type.

So i take the screenshot and claimed BRG. But in several emails from IHG BRG team, they always say Tripadvisor is a search engine, but not a booking site, therefore cannot claim BRG. Even though I attached several screenshot to show I could book that, and the link to booking site, and showed how to book that.

And after several emails, they began to claim that it's beyond 24 hours now...

Did anyone have such experience?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
You are not alone. Ever since IHG switch to web only for BRG, I have zero successful BRG claim with them.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:32 pm

BRG dead or merely terminal?

So has IHG managed to 'persuade' almost all OTAs to either drop their properties or sell it at the same / higher rates than those available on ihg.com? All the usual sites that worked for me in the past seem to be dead now.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by golmaale
So has IHG managed to 'persuade' almost all OTAs to either drop their properties or sell it at the same / higher rates than those available on ihg.com? All the usual sites that worked for me in the past seem to be dead now.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
It's either that, or they ignore your claim till the 24 hrs passes. Then, when pressed, they'll tell you that you submitted it too late.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:38 pm

Anyone have any hints for booking hotels in Mexico?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lovevas
Hi all, I'd like to share a bad experience with IHG BRG claim.

Booked a trip from official site with the lowest price, therefore non-refundable.

Right after booking, i checked trip advisor, and found that "book directly with tripadvisor" actually is 15% lower, plus free cancellation, same room type.

So i take the screenshot and claimed BRG. But in several emails from IHG BRG team, they always say Tripadvisor is a search engine, but not a booking site, therefore cannot claim BRG. Even though I attached several screenshot to show I could book that, and the link to booking site, and showed how to book that.

And after several emails, they began to claim that it's beyond 24 hours now...

Did anyone have such experience?

Correct as tripadvisor.com then gives you for your wanted Hotel, multiple links to reserve by about 7 OTAs including
Expedia.co.uk
booking.com
hotels.com
agoda.com
otel
edreams
etc
(Just like other sites like hotelscombined.com do )

So the OTA you need refer to in a brg attempt is the linked to OTA with the prices/cancel-policy that is needed to pass brg hurdles, including things such as
currency / rate / room-description / BAR/Flex / instant payment BAR (non-voucher) etc etc
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
Correct as tripadvisor.com then gives you for your wanted Hotel, multiple links to reserve by about 7 OTAs including
Expedia.co.uk
booking.com
hotels.com
agoda.com
otel
edreams
etc
(Just like other sites like hotelscombined.com do )

So the OTA you need refer to in a brg attempt is the linked to OTA with the prices/cancel-policy that is needed to pass brg hurdles, including things such as
currency / rate / room-description / BAR/Flex / instant payment BAR (non-voucher) etc etc

There is an option to book directly on trip advisor, not other OTA, and actually, if you click that, you could book on trip advisor.com (the URL shows trip advisor, and no other OTA name is shown).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.