Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:46 am

Holiday Inn NYC Lower East Side. Cancelable rate on IHG.com: $299. Easy Click Travel has the same room for $239 (sliiiightly different cancellation restrictions). Meanwhile, the non-cancellable rate is $270 on IHG.com, so still higher. Let the game resume...

Last edited by highlanderfil; Feb 5, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:49 am

Does anyone know the answer to this question, perhaps: for the Set Your Sights promo, would my adjusted stay (if it's adjusted) qualify for one of the challenges (the Saturday Stay Bonus, to be specific)?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I'd have to say that I was not impressed. I cancelled my IHG.com reservation and booked the booking.com price. With extra person costs it was double the price on IHG.com. I know there are terms and conditions but surely the spirit of the guarantee is to stop people doing that.

Was my first attempt at a IHG BPG, they are quick to respond, and all have exotic names like Ría and Paloma. But I don't think it helps that a different person picks up your case each time without bothering to read the earlier part of the discussion. So you go over the same thing 2 or 3 times and it's all a very circular experience.

I found their tone a bit patronising and at the end of the day, I do not know definitively why my claim was denied, they just said that if I'd learn the terms and conditions then I'd have better luck.

I definitely would not risk it with a non-refundable rate.
The highlighted is key. Even when I had asked for a manager, they got me two different ones on two messages.

What they said to you is inappropriate. Much like what they said to me: here are our T&C, sue us if you don't like it. I don't know what we, as travelers, can do, except boycott IHG (which is, unfortunately impractical and even a bit silly given the reason), but something needs to change in their process. I hope they are reading this board.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:57 am

Aaand, denied. I'm not going to let this one go this easily, though.

Updated: as we say in Russia, if a sheep's gone mad, if you can get a clump of wool from him, you're already ahead. Called, complained, got the same response: can't do anything until you've made a booking and we don't have a dedicated BPG line for you to speak with. Was offered 3K, then 4K points for my trouble. Clump of wool, indeed...

Last edited by highlanderfil; Feb 5, 2015 at 10:46 am
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked 1 night cancellable @ Palazzo Vegas. Submited BRG claims with lower rates found on Hotelopia and Yeego. Got different responses for each respectively:

1. We're working to figure out how to give you your free night;
2. We're working to verify your lower rate.

I will report when the dust settles.

THIS JUST IN:

We are pleased to confirm your reservation as complimentary for one night only.

Please note that a deposit of $189.28 was charged at time of booking. This deposit is fully refundable if the reservation is cancelled at least 3 days prior to arrival. The deposit will be applied toward incidental charges during stay, and any remaining balance will be refunded at check out.

Last edited by sonofzeus; Feb 5, 2015 at 3:39 pm Reason: Good news.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Aaand, denied. I'm not going to let this one go this easily, though.

Updated: as we say in Russia, if a sheep's gone mad, if you can get a clump of wool from him, you're already ahead. Called, complained, got the same response: can't do anything until you've made a booking and we don't have a dedicated BPG line for you to speak with. Was offered 3K, then 4K points for my trouble. Clump of wool, indeed...
Took a shot, booked a non-refundable rate and the match was honored. Whew. Didn't come out too badly here.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:59 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Took a shot, booked a non-refundable rate and the match was honored. Whew. Didn't come out too badly here.
Congratulations
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:35 am

Does anyone know the answer to this question, perhaps: for the Set Your Sights promo, would my adjusted stay (if it's adjusted) qualify for one of the challenges (the Saturday Stay Bonus, to be specific)?
If the hotel adjusts it to a comp then no. If they don't and you pay on checkout then get a refund from head office, then you will probably get the points and credit on set for sights. You shouldn't do, but i always have.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
If the hotel adjusts it to a comp then no. If they don't and you pay on checkout then get a refund from head office, then you will probably get the points and credit on set for sights. You shouldn't do, but i always have.
My first BRG experience with my stay in L.A. which was charged to my CC (apparently I have a check in the mail) was as follows: it showed up as a non-qualifying stay, I e-mailed IHG Care and was told that was in error; lo and behold, it showed up. I also e-mailed the same team asking about this new booking and they said that right now the way it is showing up in the system, it's a qualifying stay. Hope so...that would be a fair bit of points to lose (last challenge I need done).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
My first BRG experience with my stay in L.A. which was charged to my CC (apparently I have a check in the mail) was as follows: it showed up as a non-qualifying stay, I e-mailed IHG Care and was told that was in error; lo and behold, it showed up. I also e-mailed the same team asking about this new booking and they said that right now the way it is showing up in the system, it's a qualifying stay. Hope so...that would be a fair bit of points to lose (last challenge I need done).
Stay shows in ihg system as qual night as the hotel charged the stay. However as a brg night despite check in post/hotel-charging this is still an free non-qual night, but correctly posted as non-qual as it was a brg

Ihg Care just looked at fact hotel charged rate, it is a non-qual night, earns no points for us$ rom rate etc, and ihg have been known to audit brg accounts and remove such incorrectly awarded points/qual-night

Really upto you if you wish to risk your promo bonus on a free night which ihg t&c allow them to take back. Most times you will be aok, but it is not 100% you will
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:54 am

Yeah, it's a bit of a concern. The L.A. night still keeps showing up in the promo, so hopefully that one is safe, but I might have to do another weekender just to be safe.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:53 pm

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX"

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at InterContinental New York Times Square. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation to a 1st night FREE. We appreciate your patience and will contact you via email once this has been confirmed."

I hope they don't make me pay $500 upfront and then mail me a cheque...it's a flexible rate.

Last edited by DealAddict; Feb 8, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:19 am

And 24 hrs later

"Dear Mr.XXXXXX

Thank you for your email and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please know that we are still waiting for the hotel's confirmation.

Rest assured that we are on it and we are continously contacting the hotel regarding your free night.

We will send you an email once update is available. However, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. "
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:07 am

Of course that's the response 24 hours later. It usually takes days before a hotel will adjust. Settle down on this and let things go their due course. At this point, it's up to the hotel, not the brg department. Your chase up emails to the brg team are just wasting your time and theirs.

For what it's worth....be prepared to pay the full $500. IC Times Square never adjusts the rate from what I've seen and usually requires reimbursement to be done via check.

Originally Posted by DealAddict
And 24 hrs later

"Dear Mr.XXXXXX

Thank you for your email and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please know that we are still waiting for the hotel's confirmation.

Rest assured that we are on it and we are continously contacting the hotel regarding your free night.

We will send you an email once update is available. However, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. "
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Of course that's the response 24 hours later. It usually takes days before a hotel will adjust. Settle down on this and let things go their due course. At this point, it's up to the hotel, not the brg department. Your chase up emails to the brg team are just wasting your time and theirs.

For what it's worth....be prepared to pay the full $500. IC Times Square never adjusts the rate from what I've seen and usually requires reimbursement to be done via check.

I have no experience with IHG BRG, so I don't know how many days it takes. If they are going to cut me a check, I will probably just forego this and try to get a free night with one of the Choice hotels. It would be a drag to wait for a $500 check - unless they are quick with it... how long does that take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.