Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Call. I'd probably start with the Diamond line.
can you PM me the number? I don't have it here.

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
By the way, I like the hotel.
Thought so too. I got the hudson river suite... any idea how the suite is? I want to pop the question while we're at the hyatt before we go to NYC so I'm already nervous enough.. ;-)

thx

Last edited by Reglo; Mar 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I actually think you will be fine. I had the same thing occur to me with the Chesapeake property
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by etsmyers
I actually think you will be fine. I had the same thing occur to me with the Chesapeake property
In my experience the notation for the 2nd room is normal - the rate associated is not however.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:54 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by MIT_SBM
Would these be considered to be back-to-back stays and thus count as only two stays, that is, one stay at each property? Given the timing, the days at each property are more than 24 hours apart from check-out to check-in. But I am not sure if Hyatt will flag this as not being in the spirit of the program. I am looking at alternative ways of getting platinum as quickly as possible because I did not get instantly approved for the Hyatt card.
You are fine with this - the T&Cs are intended to stop people checking out in the morning then checking back in again the same night (would roll up into one stay). I do what you're suggesting every time I go to Istanbul, which is the only place I go with multiple Hyatts (GH and PH), and have always had the stays post as separate.

and I sneak in ahead of my fellow ambassadors who have been distracted by Reglo's question right after yours !
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Did a search

I did a search and can't find anything.

I remember Hyatt doesn't comp anymore, but, there was an offer to fast track if a hotel recommended you.

Where would I find information on a fast track and how to get a hotel to sponsor me?

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:47 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
I did a search and can't find anything.

I remember Hyatt doesn't comp anymore, but, there was an offer to fast track if a hotel recommended you.

Where would I find information on a fast track and how to get a hotel to sponsor me?

Thanks.
Greetings All and Bike Guy!
I am not sure what the confusion is here and hopefully can shed some light here on the process
No hotel sponsorship is needed

Previously posted in the Hyatt community all the new terms to fast track for elite status with Hyatt Gold Passport some months ago.
That includes Platinum or Diamond Status

To quickly repeat
No Hotel referral/sponsorship is needed
Platinum Status is 6 nights within 60 days
Diamond Status is 12 nights within 60 days
and proof of elite tier status from another qualifying hotel guest program
Simply call Gold Passport and they will be happy to take care of anybody that can or does qualify

Cheers!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Thanks for the quick reply and good to know!

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Greetings All and Bike Guy!
I am not sure what the confusion is here and hopefully can shed some light here on the process
No hotel sponsorship is needed

Previously posted in the Hyatt community all the new terms to fast track for elite status with Hyatt Gold Passport some months ago.
That includes Platinum or Diamond Status

To quickly repeat
No Hotel referral/sponsorship is needed
Platinum Status is 6 nights within 60 days
Diamond Status is 12 nights within 60 days
and proof of elite tier status from another qualifying hotel guest program
Simply call Gold Passport and they will be happy to take care of anybody that can or does qualify

Cheers!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
You are fine with this - the T&Cs are intended to stop people checking out in the morning then checking back in again the same night (would roll up into one stay). I do what you're suggesting every time I go to Istanbul, which is the only place I go with multiple Hyatts (GH and PH), and have always had the stays post as separate.

and I sneak in ahead of my fellow ambassadors who have been distracted by Reglo's question right after yours !
Thanks for the reply. I was worried about this clause in the T&C's:

4. Hyatt Gold Passport may, without notice, discontinue Hyatt Gold Passport membership if a member fails to promptly pay hotel bills or appears to be utilizing the program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or the intent of the program, including, but not limited to, Hyatt Gold Passport point redemption and certificate use.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I suspect that's just there so that they can get rid of people who are causing a huge abuse of the system but not in a way that's described or covered exactly by some other rule.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:38 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Got the 2 free nights x 2 (wife and me).

Where should we go for 4 nights?

Also have 150K AA miles to burn out of DTW/FNT.

Top ten list?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:22 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton

Top ten list?
Lots of choices, but without knowing anything about you or your interests, I'd say Maui. I see AA saver FC awards available in November and later to OGG, so that takes care of your 150K miles.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Use fo FFN/PH Vendome

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton

Top ten list?
We, my wife and I, did the same thing and plan to use the four night at the Park Hyatt Vendome. Heard and read many a good thing.

Wish I was HDiamond by that time (May.)
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Silver
Plat to Diamond

I have a question. If I'm Platinum member by getting my Hyatt Chase card, do I need 35 more nights (or 20 stays) or the full 50 nights /25 stays?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 9:16 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by roberttchi
I have a question. If I'm Platinum member by getting my Hyatt Chase card, do I need 35 more nights (or 20 stays) or the full 50 nights /25 stays?

Thanks in advance.
I believe that you need the full 25 stays / 50 nights for Diamond status since the Platinum status with the card is just that - complimentary status not stay / nights credit. You can verify by logging into your account and see where the stay / nights counter is (excluding your other "real" stays).
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:10 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I am new to Hyatt, the soon to be wife and I have separate accounts. We are getting married at a Hyatt property shortly, we have a number of rooms booked, and since most everyone out of our family and friends don't travel, they offered to give us the points. I go online and attempt to add the confirmation numbers under my upcoming stays and it won't allow me. Ok, no big deal, but will we be able to add our respective numbers to the reservations at the time of check in? And is there a limit to how many rooms we can have at one time? I think the split is 3 rooms at one property and 3 at another property unaccounted for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.