Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:51 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by stifle
What is the rough "ranking" of Hyatt brands from economy/limited service through full service and luxury?
IMO

• Summerfield Suites
• Hyatt Place
• Hyatt
• Hyatt Regency
• Grand Hyatt
• Andaz
• Park Hyatt

Not counting Hyatt Resorts and Hyatt Vacation Clubs
And there are Grand Hyatts that will certainly outrank some Andaz properties so its hard to put them in an exact quality order
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Bookings on Oyster

If I book a Hyatt through Oyster.com do I get points, stay credit etc. Will my Gold Passport status be recognised? (This is a cancelable rate)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LHRORD
If I book a Hyatt through Oyster.com do I get points, stay credit etc. Will my Gold Passport status be recognised? (This is a cancelable rate)
I can answer the second part of your question: Hyatt offers status recognition and benefits independent of the booking channel, even all the way to Priceline stays.

I don't know anything about Oyster.com, but I think if they book on your behalf, it will be like Expedia/Orbitz/Travelocity and other 3rd party agencies where you don't earn points or stay credit. Is the rate better than on Hyatt.com? Maybe it qualifies for a best rate guarantee?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is the rate better than on Hyatt.com? Maybe it qualifies for a best rate guarantee?
Thanks Notquite! Rate was half that on Hyatt.com! Just got the Best rate Guarantee!

Why would anyone ever book through an agent??
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks Notquite! Rate was half that on Hyatt.com! Just got the Best rate Guarantee!

By agent, are you referring directly to Hyatt? I've had some people suggest that I book through Priceline, etc, but I've gotten some great deals from Hyatt.com and the codes that are out there.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

A lot of people don't care about points or status and like the convenience of comparison-shopping on one of the major travel portals. I know it's how I booked hotels before I got interested in hotel loyalty programs. I don't think I actually booked a chain hotel on a non-chain site in about four years, but I sometimes use the Expedias of the world to look at different options.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
I was offered by Lufthansa to upgrade my HGP Plat status to Diamond for a limited time and "test drive" it for 6 weeks.
I was given a phone number from HGP, a special code (HONQQ - only works if you are HON Circle with LH Miles&More, they check your membership ID). I gave them all my details and haven't heard since then. As my next stay is coming up this week I was wondering whether you know how long it takes to get the upgrade?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Being US based, I am not familiar with this. I would check either with the elite desk at Luf. or at HGP
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Suite Upgrade & Minibar Question

Hi All,

I used my Suite Upgrade to stay in GH in DXB and in this case the Mini Bar was not charged(FREE) & free limo transfer was offered.

I used my Suite Uograde to stay in HR in DXB & in this case the Mini Bar was charged & free limo transfer was offered.

Now I have booked a Suite Upgrade to stay in GH in MEL. So now the question -> Is Mini Bar Free or No & is a limo transfer offered or no???

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Elite, AFAIK each hotel has its own rules on amenities for suite guests, so U should phone the hotel directly to ask.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
agreed, this is a property specific question
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by etsmyers
agreed, this is a property specific question
This is a case where the property is going above and beyond.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
One week to Platinum?

The HGP T&Cs state:
"1. To receive credit toward Hyatt Gold Passport tier status, a member must pay an Eligible Rate for at least one night of their stay. A stay is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at one property. Back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. A member will not receive Hyatt Gold Passport credit toward tier status or toward any promotion for the nights the member pays an Ineligible Rate."

Monday:
Check-in at 3:00 PM at Park Hyatt Tokyo

Tuesday:
Check-out at 12:00 N
Check-in at 3:00 PM at Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Check-in at 3:00 PM at Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Friday:

Saturday

Would these be considered to be back-to-back stays and thus count as only two stays, that is, one stay at each property? Given the timing, the days at each property are more than 24 hours apart from check-out to check-in. But I am not sure if Hyatt will flag this as not being in the spirit of the program. I am looking at alternative ways of getting platinum as quickly as possible because I did not get instantly approved for the Hyatt card.

Last edited by MIT_SBM; Mar 5, 2011 at 8:29 am Reason: new question
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:15 pm

problem after using diamond suite upgrade

hi,

just booked a room at hyatt regency jersey city (king bed, aaa rate, 178$) and used a diamond suite upgrade.

I can see the original reservation /room in my online profile but now the suite showed up as a second room for the same night for 1850$!

Any idea if this is normal? Of course I only want to pay the rate for the room I originally booked. I've never used a suite upgrade before so I don't know if this is ok..

thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Reglo
hi,

just booked a room at hyatt regency jersey city (king bed, aaa rate, 178$) and used a diamond suite upgrade.

I can see the original reservation /room in my online profile but now the suite showed up as a second room for the same night for 1850$!

Any idea if this is normal? Of course I only want to pay the rate for the room I originally booked. I've never used a suite upgrade before so I don't know if this is ok..

thanks.

In my experience, not normal. Call. I'd probably start with the Diamond line.

By the way, I like the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.