Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Added comments to the previous post

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I am new to Hyatt, the soon to be wife and I have separate accounts. We are getting married at a Hyatt property shortly, we have a number of rooms booked, and since most everyone out of our family and friends don't travel, they offered to give us the points. I go online and attempt to add the confirmation numbers under my upcoming stays and it won't allow me. Ok, no big deal, but will we be able to add our respective numbers to the reservations at the time of check in? And is there a limit to how many rooms we can have at one time? I think the split is 3 rooms at one property and 3 at another property unaccounted for.
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ^
This sounds like a call to the reservation folks in Omaha who can add your account numbers to the reservation.
If for whatever reason this cannot be done due to internal system limitations they typically can attach comments in a separate field for the hotel to see prior and at arrival.

After re-reading your post I admit to be confused about your original questions.
Are you being gifted the points for your stay? or are you all paying for your rooms individually and they want to give you their points?
If that is the case where you are all paying individually you need to be paying for the rooms under your name or your wifes and getting reimbursed by your guests after checkout.That will give you points betweeen the both of you for up to 6 rooms.(3 rooms per account)
That is if one wants to earn points for other friends and family staying at any Hyatt property
There is a 3 room limit per account when doing so and only one stay credit will count per account.

Because of your special event it would be my suggestion that you personally call the in house reservation manager so they can personally look after your reservation and make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
In my own experience most Hyatt Hotels understand what an important day this is to you and your loved ones and usually go that extra mile for their celebrating guests.

Cheers and Best Wishes

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 16, 2011 at 11:11 am Reason: relooking at the questions
Old Mar 16, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I am new to Hyatt, the soon to be wife and I have separate accounts. We are getting married at a Hyatt property shortly, we have a number of rooms booked, and since most everyone out of our family and friends don't travel, they offered to give us the points. I go online and attempt to add the confirmation numbers under my upcoming stays and it won't allow me. Ok, no big deal, but will we be able to add our respective numbers to the reservations at the time of check in? And is there a limit to how many rooms we can have at one time? I think the split is 3 rooms at one property and 3 at another property unaccounted for.
There is not a limit as to how many rooms for which you can get points, but there is a limit (1) as to how many rooms will count as stay credit. It is also my understanding that all rooms have to be in your name to receive points. If they are in your friends/families names, that may be why you are not able to add them to your account.

It is also a little complicated in that the rooms are split between (2) hotels. For this reason, you would be better to have all the rooms at hotel A credited to your account, and those at hotel B credited to your soon-to-be wife's account. For one thing, that will each give you stay/night credit.

This can all easily be done, but to maximize your points potential, it is a little complicated and requires some information best not shared in an open forum.
Check for a PM for additional information, and

congratulations! ^
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:35 am

I appreciate Sophiegirls helpful reply which made re-look at the original question yet again
Would like to remind once again that to the best of my understanding of Gold Passport terms and conditions that there is 3 room limit
per account holder when one acccount holder is paying for the rooms and earning points for their individual account.
No cap on eligible incidentals

As we are all trying to be helpful here and we are dealing with a limited amount of information in your post
you may wish to contact the hotel directly and speak with the Catering dept of the Hyatt Hotels you are holding your event/staying in.
You may qualify for earning a larger amount of points in one Gold passport account especially if any kind of food and beverage/party is involved during your stay.

There may be some special requirements to fall under to qualify for wedding/catering
Which then may fall under a different set of rules then what the standard rules of Gold Passport dictate.
It might be wise to check those options out by contacting the hotel(s).

Having said that keep in mind to earn the points either you or your wife once again would have to be the one paying the final bill at check out to receive the points as previously shared.
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 16, 2011 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I appreciate Sophiegirls helpful reply which made re-look at the original question yet again
Would like to remind once again that to the best of my understanding of Gold Passport terms and conditions that there is 3 room limit
per account holder when one acccount holder is paying for the rooms and earning points for their individual account.
No cap on eligible incidentals

As we are all trying to be helpful here and we are dealing with a limited amount of information in your post
you may wish to contact the hotel directly and speak with the Catering dept of the Hyatt Hotels you are holding your event/staying in.
You may qualify for earning a larger amount of points in one Gold passport account especially if any kind of food and beverage/party is involved during your stay.

There may be some special requirements to fall under to qualify for wedding/catering
Which then may fall under a different set of rules then what the standard rules of Gold Passport dictate.
It might be wise to check those options out by contacting the hotel(s).

Having said that keep in mind to earn the points either you or your wife once again would have to be the one paying the final bill at check out to receive the points as previously shared.
Cheers
Or, as was indicated, check your PM for assistance....
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If (some of) your guests join GP & earn points under their own names, they can be transferred to U via a Point Combining Form, but this is more difficult. U must make a (dummy) res. for which U don't have enough points. Also, Hyatt may balk at receiving too many forms to transfer into your account at once.
Call a GP rep. for further advice.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:40 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Seems far more complicated than I had hoped for, I thought just by adding my name to the existing reservations and having everyone pay for their rooms on their own. I had no idea that I had to not only named on the reservation, but pay for it as well ...We are already getting points for the wedding we are holding there, plus there is a promotion about free nights if you spend x amount on a wedding that we are receiving. I just thought I could add my number when we all checked in on three rooms...now this doesn't appear to be the case...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Got the 2 free nights x 2 (wife and me).

Where should we go for 4 nights?

Also have 150K AA miles to burn out of DTW/FNT.

Top ten list?
I just came to ask the same question - but was looking for something within driving distance of Philly for two weekend nights. We go to NYC often on weekends so I am thinking about one of the Andaz hotels there and also the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort.

Any other suggestions?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Park Hyatt DC would be another good use. NYC Andaz would probably be better though.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: AS, Hyatt , Marirott
Food in Regency Club

Howdy,

Is it just me being whiny or do other see odd food in the Regency Club. Today I went into a nice S. Cal RC and ther were pickled veggies, and some cheese and crackers. Breakfasts are rather odd sometimes too. No Bagels, odd veggies, but no just Scrambled Eggs, Fruit.

Is it just me, or do others notice the mentioned pickled veggies...
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by falawa
Howdy,

Is it just me being whiny or do other see odd food in the Regency Club. Today I went into a nice S. Cal RC and ther were pickled veggies, and some cheese and crackers. Breakfasts are rather odd sometimes too. No Bagels, odd veggies, but no just Scrambled Eggs, Fruit.

Is it just me, or do others notice the mentioned pickled veggies...
You're definitely right - RC offerings have been downgraded in domestic (US) locations during the economic slump, and show no signs of coming back during the recovery. Hot breakfast items are a rarity.

My guess is that their local food supplier probably had a closeout deal on pickled veggies. For those of us who do have a pickled veggie fetish, you should share the location name - or simply take some of these berries - introduced to a lucky few of us by RichardinSF
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny
Park Hyatt DC would be another good use. NYC Andaz would probably be better though.
Thanks for the suggestion - I checked it out online and it does look nice.

We also go to DC every year or two and love walking around Georgetown.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i remember last year i could tag like G1 and G2 promotions for another 1000-3000 points but i can't seem to find that on the GP page anymore. does anyone know what happened to them?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
i remember last year i could tag like G1 and G2 promotions for another 1000-3000 points but i can't seem to find that on the GP page anymore. does anyone know what happened to them?
Unfortunately they have since been discontinued until further notice
I have heard from folks who are thinking of moving their business to other programs over the issue.
Tried to convince others to still hold out and see what other options are introduced in the coming weeks or months.........this is also being discussed in other threads for your interest

There is also a new GP promotion starting April 1 that one must be registered for

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 24, 2011 at 1:25 pm
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Unfortunately they have since been discontinued until further notice
oh is that so.

then wait... let me turn on my sad face.

there we go.

that's not enough to make me stop giving them my business (i think hyatt properties are very good in general) but that's still a bummer.

big, big bummer.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
oh is that so.

then wait... let me turn on my sad face.

there we go.

that's not enough to make me stop giving them my business (i think hyatt properties are very good in general) but that's still a bummer.

big, big bummer.
I hear ya!
And I'm with you
I'm in a number of Hyatts over the next 30 days
Especially after April 1 kicks in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.