Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I thought the Gold Passport Concierge had posted here in the past that whether awards were exempt from resort fees was up to the specific property. Don't remember how to find that post, however, so as usual, I could easily be wrong.
It was - but then was revised so that ALL award stays are exempt from resort fees - per the T&Cs.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM (5,000mi per week); HH DM; HY DM, MRT PM
Originally Posted by peteropny
Since you're about to hit Diamond (presumably for the first time), Diamond benefits (for all stays - revenue, award, booked some other way etc) are point bonuses (30% over the base points earned), upgrade to best available room (excluding suites), Club level for properties with Clubs (at least club access for those properties - if there is club at the property but it's temporarily closed or you are denied access - you're entitled to 2,500 points (DN) in compensation), restaurant breakfast if there is no club (or closed) at the property, internet access (you already have that as Plat), 4 Confirmed Suite Upgrades (valid on revenue stays) each year you requalify for Diamond (you'll get your 1st set very shortly). Some properties may go above and beyond (eg complimentary suite upgrades without using one of the certs - not to be expected but will come as a nice surprise) - welcome amenity choice of F&B or points (1,000 for full service properties - 500 at Hyatt Place & Summerfield suites - note that the point option is only at domestic Hyatts).

The best way for you to give your points to the lucky couple is for you to book their stay(s) for them out of your account (you are allowed to give your awards to anyone you choose - but you have to call to do this - website doesn't have that option).
Thanks a bunch!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peteropny
upgrade to best available room (excluding suites)
when I checked into a HP today, I was greeted as a Diamond ^, offered the choice of points or amenity ^ (double-^ if they actually post without intervention) and then told that as a Diamond member I'd get the best available room... which surprise, surprise turned out to be a completely standard HP room like 95% of the others I have stayed in all over the country. I was very tempted to ask the FD agent what was going to be so special/good aboutthis particular room
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
How many points as a Diamond

OK. I'm on a Hyatt Diamond Trial Challenge.. Will have no problem making it..

Question, I recently stayed at a Hyatt with NO Regency Club. It closed a few months back.. Do I still get the 2500 points?

Also, trying to understand my points,

Stay 676 1,203 1,879 Points
18 Apr 2011 19 Apr 2011
Bonus 0 0 1,000 Points

I understand I get a bonus for first 6 stays during trial period.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You only get the 2500 pts Club Closure compensation if the club is temporary closed, not if the hotel doesn't have one (anymore).
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by LASUA1K

Question, I recently stayed at a Hyatt with NO Regency Club. It closed a few months back.. Do I still get the 2500 points?

18 Apr 2011 19 Apr 2011
Bonus 0 0 1,000 Points

This is one of those questions that has some gray area to it IMO
I would call Gold Passport.There should be no expectation on your part IMO when inquiring about the situation
When you booked the reservation was the club still operating?Was it an expectation at the time of booking?Was the closing of the club transparent and the information made clear on the hotel website when the booking was made?Gold Passport may decide to good will gesture you on a one time basis depending on the situation
There is no bonus obviously as stated previously when a club doesn't exist.........
Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K

18 Apr 2011 19 Apr 2011
Bonus 0 0 1,000 Points

No to the 2500 points for closed club - since one doesn't exist.

As to the points - it looks correct to me - 676 base points ($135 in eligible charges - room, food & beverage, telephone - at 5 points / $) - 1,203 bonuses (1,000 1W diamond welcome amenity & 203 for 30% (of 676) Diamond bonus points). I believe the other 1,000 (separate line) is the challenge bonus.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:50 pm

Question on Suite Upgrades

Hello,

I have 12 nights coming up all on corporate rates. Can I use points (and the money I would pay for a standard room) to upgrade the room to a suite? Do I have any options, other than just use all points for the suite and not pay cash? I am not diamond, (but would love to try the challenge).

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by BLAR
Hello,

I have 12 nights coming up all on corporate rates. Can I use points (and the money I would pay for a standard room) to upgrade the room to a suite? Do I have any options, other than just use all points for the suite and not pay cash? I am not diamond, (but would love to try the challenge).

Thanks for any help.
In theory yes. In practice the option has only been rolled out to a minuscule number of properties yet.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by BLAR
Hello,

Thanks for any help.
No - according to the T&Cs, upgrades using points require the payment of the "rack" Hyatt Daily Rates (or higher for resort properties). Upgrades for Diamonds using a Diamond Confirmed Suite upgrade can be used with "most" revenue rates booked with Hyatt (corporate rates apply as does AAA, Seniors, Government).
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
What is child versus adult? Does a 14 year old count as a child? ( I do not think I can call a 14 year old an adult, but then I have seen people in their forties who are still children )
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
What is child versus adult? Does a 14 year old count as a child? ( I do not think I can call a 14 year old an adult, but then I have seen people in their forties who are still children )
It depends on where the property is located:

CHILDREN
At Hyatt Hotels in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean, children are 17 years old and younger. In all other locations worldwide, children are 12 years old and younger.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I'm a newbie on Hyatt GP since I was matched to Diamond late last year (from SPG Platinum), and I have been steadily enjoying my numerous stays at the many Hyatt properties and I must say that I have greatly enjoyed Hyatt.

I have now accumulated enough points (and will all the promos and bonuses) to start thinking about award redemption. I have a few questions:

1. Seems to me that when I book an award stay (even at Park Hyatt), it's pointless to book anything other than a "Standard Room" since a Diamond benefit is the "upgrade to best available room (excluding suites), Club level for properties with Clubs", correct? I would have a good chance to end up in Regency, right?
2. It would therefore not make sense to book a Regency/Grand Club room on award stay as a Diamond member, correct?
3. On award stays, can I use one of my 4 suite upgrades to get a suite?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sapguy
I'm a newbie on Hyatt GP since I was matched to Diamond late last year (from SPG Platinum), and I have been steadily enjoying my numerous stays at the many Hyatt properties and I must say that I have greatly enjoyed Hyatt.

3. On award stays, can I use one of my 4 suite upgrades to get a suite?

Thanks in advance.
Diamond suite upgrades only work on paid stays, not awards.

"Your Suite Upgrade Awards are available to use on paid room nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide"
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Diamond suite upgrades only work on paid stays, not awards.

"Your Suite Upgrade Awards are available to use on paid room nights at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide"
Thanks, I missed that one in the T&Cs.

This makes award stays at Hyatt less "desirable" than award stays from SPG, but only from a suite upgrade perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.