Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:41 pm

I have 4600 points that expire in April. Is it right that I can't do anything with these points besides giving to someone else?
I read about purchasing 500points for 10$. But how can I do that?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Hyatt in the past has been very good about not cancelling miles when normal expiration would apply. In any event, there are a few options for you:
1. get a Hyatt credit card and make a charge on it.
2. purchase enough to get a category 1 property reward night, it is 500 points for $10 - www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp If things don't work out and the award is cancelled, Hmm....
3. rent from Avis or Sixt and select Hyatt for points
www.hyatt.com/gp/en/earning/with_car_partners.jsp
4. Stay at a Hyatt!

Other suggestions, fellow ambassadors?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Are you still traveling? Can you credit a flight, car rental, stay?

If not, there are ways online to purchase points at goldpassport.com
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:23 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by etsmyers
Can you credit a flight, car rental, stay?
[bolding mine]

Jumping in on this query, is there any way of getting HGP points for flights ? I thought we were limited to Hyatt stays or Sixt/Avis rentals .....
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Booking a senior rate but getting my diamond benefits?

My mom and I will be staying at the Park Hyatt Vendome later this year for 5 nights. Currently I'm Plat, but will be requalifying through Diamond via mattress runs before then.

Mom's 64, so if we book the Senior rate (which is about 100 euros cheaper per night) under will I be able to get my Diamond benefits? Or do I just book the senior rate under my name, and add my mom to the registered guests since she is in fact a senior?

Is there a way to do both?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I would book it under my name to get diamond benefits at the senior rate and then call to add your mom as a second person on the reservation.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I would book it under my name to get diamond benefits at the senior rate and then call to add your mom as a second person on the reservation.
You don't even need to go that far - Hyatt's policy is that an occupant in the room needs to be qualified for the rate (senior, government, etc) but does not need to be the one holding the reservation - so you can get the diamond benefits by booking in your name and qualify for the senior rate since your mom will be with you. This was proactively offered to me years ago by CS in a rather complicated booking for 2 rooms with a variety of awards, stay certs, and senior rate (since my partner's mother was occupying one of the rooms).
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Ahhh... thanks for that.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Hyatt in the past has been very good about not cancelling miles when normal expiration would apply. In any event, there are a few options for you:
1. get a Hyatt credit card and make a charge on it.
2. purchase enough to get a category 1 property reward night, it is 500 points for $10 - www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/combine_transfer.jsp If things don't work out and the award is cancelled, Hmm....
3. rent from Avis or Sixt and select Hyatt for points
www.hyatt.com/gp/en/earning/with_car_partners.jsp
4. Stay at a Hyatt!

My other added suggestions
/thoughts would be to call Gold Passport and see if the points are actually going to expire.Have your account documented if its good news.By all means ask for an email confirmation and a name of the agent and supervisor you spoke with and keep it for your records.

If in fact the points are going to expire I might consider asking for an exception and book an upcoming reservation and talk to a supervisor that you would like to be an ongoing customer and consider applying for the new Hyatt Chase Visa card that the good jumpdogjump suggested previously

That will not only give you a few free nights anywhere in the world there is a Hyatt but let you grow your acccount balance on an ongoing basis ..........
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
So FT ambassadors are the only people that you will accept suggestions from?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
So FT ambassadors are the only people that you will accept suggestions from?
The reason this forum was brought forth was so all could take part in helping others in a non critical flame free forum.
The Ambassadors are typically more experienced folks here primarily offering their help around the clock backing each other up to ther best of their ability for all Gold Passport members.
Certainly all are welcome to participate in the Spirit of Flyertalk.

I don't think for a single moment that jumpdogjump meant anything but a call to his helpful fellow Ambassadors to help another poster out........
As a long time contributer to FT I suggest you feel to do the same anytime you too can be helpful
Cheers and thank you for your support of Flyertalk ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 30, 2011 at 1:56 pm
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Advancepayment Rooms from hyatt.com

I'm sure this has been asked but will I get a stay and night credit for an advance payment reservation? I'm coming from Hilton Diamond and this was not a problem. I have done a status match trial.

Thanks again
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I'm sure this has been asked but will I get a stay and night credit for an advance payment reservation? I'm coming from Hilton Diamond and this was not a problem. I have done a status match trial.

Thanks again
Absolutely and our pleasure!
After check out you will receive normal stay and night credit.
Just as you would when booking previously through Hilton.
Just make sure the reservation is booked through an eligible Hyatt booking channel
That would include typically Hyatt.com or a travel agent booking through the Global Distribution System.Prepaid Third Party and Opaque booking channels will not be eligible
Cheers and Welcome to Hyatt Gold Passport ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 30, 2011 at 4:26 pm
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:48 pm

What is the difference between dining points and passport points

What is the difference between getting 2000 dining points or 1500 passport points? IS there a benefit of either one?

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BLAR
What is the difference between getting 2000 dining points or 1500 passport points? IS there a benefit of either one?

Thanks
Well the difference is 500 additional points with the dining option - I take it you are talking about the Platinum Extras cert. However, you do have to "dine" to earn the 2000 - added to that is that it is unlikely to post "automatically" and will require follow up to get it. The 1500 points is easier with less "brain damage" - only you can determine if you want to chase the 500 additional points which is "worth" $5-7.50 or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.