Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:06 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by etsmyers
there is another H hotel?
yes the H word Hilton
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
joking

Hellton?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:56 pm

Hi there. Have a question that I thought I saw here, but could have been mistake from another program.
How long does it take for points to be deducted from my account? I have reserved an award room a few weeks ago, but the points are still remaining. Do they get deducted after my actual stay, which will not be for another few months?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by agentzero
Hi there. Have a question that I thought I saw here, but could have been mistake from another program.
How long does it take for points to be deducted from my account? I have reserved an award room a few weeks ago, but the points are still remaining. Do they get deducted after my actual stay, which will not be for another few months?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

When I made a reservation at the Park Hyatt in Paris for March, the points were deducted immediately..
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
It might be a mistake, but make sure you have a written room confirmation, and keep the points on acct. You might turn out to be lucky, but likely not.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
When you log into your account, do you see the reservation? Check the "rate". If a $ rate is showing, you have a res, but not on points.

If there is no rate, then the points should have been deducted. Although the Hyatt site is laden with problems, points deduction has never been one of them, so +1 with travelkid, print the confirmation and take it with you.

a thought...I have a res coming up at Key West on points. IF points had not been deducted, I would be calling now to see if there is an issue. Although it would be nice to have that 100k mistake - would not want to land at a popular property in peak season, find out there was problem and no room at the Inn! If it was a Hyatt in Podunk, might be willing to take the risk.....
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:40 am

Greetings agent zero
Great handle
Now that you have decided to accept the mission to book an award
you will find there is no exact answer as to when the points will be deducted
Typically in my own experience over the years the points may be deducted at the time of award booking,shortly before your arrival to the hotel and in some very rare cases after your stay
It's a bit odd the way Gold Passport handles their award redemption process

One thing is for certain they always redeem your points and typically before arrival to the hotel and they don't forget
My advice monitor your account at all times as errors can occur
Enjoy your stay and thanks for the question
Oh and another warm welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:56 am

Hi ! Kind of a newbie here ( did sign up for golf passport a week ago)
I m going to Tokyo on the 22d of this month and i wanted to give myself a treat by booking a 1 night stay at the PHT.
Prepaid rate is still available but then ive heard of the hyatt stay certificates which would prove to be a more cost efficient solution ( i believe it s a cat 5 certificate).
Need your help for 2 questions guys !
1. i did not understand properly the stay cerficates page on hyatt.com. Seems like these certificates work differently depending on weekdays/weekend stays ... Is it only a category pricing difference or these certificates may not be of use for weekends stays ( i wanted to book for a saturday night)
2. Is there any way to check availability before buying the certificate ? I ve been searching on Google and it seems that checking for availability on my hyatt golf passport webpage ONLY after buying it.

Didn t really know if this post belonged to this thread or the one specifically targeting PHT but thought it was more general topic oriented so apologies to the moderators if post needs to be moved !
Old Jan 16, 2011, 2:37 pm

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by vincentb89
Hi ! Kind of a newbie here ( did sign up for golf passport a week ago)
I m going to Tokyo on the 22d of this month and i wanted to give myself a treat by booking a 1 night stay at the PHT.
Prepaid rate is still available but then ive heard of the hyatt stay certificates which would prove to be a more cost efficient solution ( i believe it s a cat 5 certificate).
Need your help for 2 questions guys !
1. i did not understand properly the stay cerficates page on hyatt.com. Seems like these certificates work differently depending on weekdays/weekend stays ... Is it only a category pricing difference or these certificates may not be of use for weekends stays ( i wanted to book for a saturday night)
2. Is there any way to check availability before buying the certificate ? I ve been searching on Google and it seems that checking for availability on my hyatt golf passport webpage ONLY after buying it.

Didn t really know if this post belonged to this thread or the one specifically targeting PHT but thought it was more general topic oriented so apologies to the moderators if post needs to be moved !
The right thread to post in, as it's quite a general question.

Bad news is that the PHT doesn't accept stay certificates - you can look here on the GP website for a list of participating hotels, and the certificates they accept, and you can see that the PHT, along with most of the non-US PHs, does not accept them.

Good news is that if they did, or for other participating hotels, it's possible to check availability by choosing the 'redeem gift certificates' tab and then entering the appropriate code - format HSxxN1, where xx = EL for Elite, PR for Premier, IN for Inspire (and then I forget for Choice and Classic as you never need them in Europe) and either N1, N2 or N3 depending on the number of nights. There's a thread somewhere explaining all about it but I can't find it right now.

Welcome to GP and FT !

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Feb 24, 2011 at 10:09 am Reason: got my Ns and 1s the wrong way around
Old Jan 16, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
The right thread to post in, as it's quite a general question.

Bad news is that the PHT doesn't accept stay certificates - you can look here on the GP website for a list of participating hotels, and the certificates they accept, and you can see that the PHT, along with most of the non-US PHs, does not accept them.

Good news is that if they did, or for other participating hotels, it's possible to check availability by choosing the 'redeem gift certificates' tab and then entering the appropriate code - format HSxx1N, where xx = EL for Elite, PR for Premier, IN for Inspire (and then I forget for Choice and Classic as you never need them in Europe) and either 1N, 2N or 3N depending on the number of nights. There's a thread somewhere explaining all about it but I can't find it right now.

Welcome to GP and FT !
Thanks for the fast answer Stewie ! Then prepaid rate it s going to be !
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:34 pm

Thanks for the info everyone.. My account is showing up as room booked with no rate so I am guessing everything is cool. Will wait a few more weeks and will call CS to verify. Am sure future assigments will have issues, so will come back for more advice. Signing off.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:36 pm

Hmm, not exactly a newbie, but whatever. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer 6000 points to my wife's account for a suite upgrade. I didn't want to make a new thread, so that's why I'm here. Thanks! Ohh, and what rate exactly does it need to be on? Is a BAR okay?

Last edited by MarriottHotelsFan; Jan 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
Hmm, not exactly a newbie, but whatever. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer 6000 points to my wife's account for a suite upgrade. I didn't want to make a new thread, so that's why I'm here. Thanks! Ohh, and what rate exactly does it need to be on? Is a BAR okay?
Yes, you can transfer 6,000 points to your wife account for a suite upgrade. According to Terms and Condition, you need to pay a rack rate for a suite upgrade. Allow me to appologize if I am wrong. Please do check with Hyatt Gold Passport CS agent for double-check.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
I've never tried to book a suite upgrade on points for someone else - but you should be able to do it out of your account since you can book award stays in other people's names.

BAR is not sufficient for suite upgrades using points - it has to be the "Hyatt Daily Rate" and in some cases for a room category considerably above the base entry level.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:11 pm

Actually, it's the Andaz 5th Ave, and does that mean the "Andaz Rate" is sufficient? And how should I go about booking this? Thank you so much, it's a birthday trip for my son and he'd rather be on the sofa bed of the Andaz suite and have his space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.