Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by asherg
Can someone please tell me if there are promotions available for a free upgrade from gold to platinum? I know they had some earlier in the year but I missed out.

Thank you
Welcome to FlyerTalk, asherg! As of now, I have not heard of any promos to move from Gold to Platinum. If you sign up for the Hyatt Credit Card, you will get Platinum status. Besides that, I have not heard of any other ways to move up. Hyatt just recently discontinued their status match program..
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:49 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb Obtaining Elite Status in Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by asherg
Can someone please tell me if there are promotions available for a free upgrade from gold to platinum? I know they had some earlier in the year but I missed out.

Thank you
Greetings and thank you for your interest in becoming an elite member in the Hyatt Gold Passport program
Besides considering the new Chase Hyatt Visa card you may wish to call the good folks from Gold Passport customer service
To the best of my understanding though they did end out and out elite status matches they had been offering members the potential for elite status upgrades through challenges which are very easy to fulfill on to reach your desired goal of Platinum status in Gold Passport
In the past few years there have also been opportunities through a variety of credit card companies to obtain Elite status including one particular Chase
Continental Presidential card and an American Express credit card offer
As with all offers they are subject to change
Thanks for the question Happy Holidays

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:20 am
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, UA LT Gold, Hyatt Glob, Delta Dia, Hilton Dia
i have a question about stays. I've booked 5 rooms in a hyatt all under my name, and being paid for by me. When i checked in, receptionist asked if i would like welcome points for all 5 rooms. I said yes so i assume i will get points for all 5 rooms, and not just the 1 room that i'm actually staying in? If this is true then since i booked them under the 5000GP rate would that mean i can call up GP ang get 5k points for all rooms? If true that would be sweet!!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mjh69
i have a question about stays. I've booked 5 rooms in a hyatt all under my name, and being paid for by me. When i checked in, receptionist asked if i would like welcome points for all 5 rooms. I said yes so i assume i will get points for all 5 rooms, and not just the 1 room that i'm actually staying in? If this is true then since i booked them under the 5000GP rate would that mean i can call up GP ang get 5k points for all rooms? If true that would be sweet!!
As much as I would like to be the messenger here of all holiday cheer the agent was sadly mistaken.
If for some reason you were to receive that many point amenity bonuses it also would be in error
The systems to my understanding aren't designed to be able to include multiple amenity bonuses
Nor multiple promotional bonuses such as G bonuses or other
Please also be aware that there is typically a limit to how many rooms you may earn on in a single stay regardless if you are the one paying for
numerous rooms

Happy Holidays and thanks for the questions
Cheers
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
i have a question about stays. I've booked 5 rooms in a hyatt all under my name, and being paid for by me. When i checked in, receptionist asked if i would like welcome points for all 5 rooms. I said yes so i assume i will get points for all 5 rooms, and not just the 1 room that i'm actually staying in?
As 777 global mile hound explains correctly, that's unlikely to happen. In my early days of Hyatt Diamondship, I had a couple of front desk staff cheerfully tell me that they'll request the Diamond amenity points for both rooms. Never posted. I haven't had two+ room stays in the US since then, but my plan going forward is to request points for one room and the alternative (food/drink) amenity for the other room.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
As 777 global mile hound explains correctly, that's unlikely to happen. In my early days of Hyatt Diamondship, I had a couple of front desk staff cheerfully tell me that they'll request the Diamond amenity points for both rooms. Never posted. I haven't had two+ room stays in the US since then, but my plan going forward is to request points for one room and the alternative (food/drink) amenity for the other room.
Exactly what I do when I have 2 rooms.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:30 pm

Hmmm i'm a sad panda ><

Oh well if i get points will let you guys know but yeah it sucks to get my hopes up cosidering i have 5 rooms booked in an number of stays. Even today checked in to a different hotel and same thing.

Last edited by mjh69; Dec 14, 2010 at 11:41 pm
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hmmm i'm a sad panda ><

Oh well if i get points will let you guys know but yeah it sucks to get my hopes up cosidering i have 5 rooms booked in an number of stays. Even today checked in to a different hotel and same thing.
If you are traveling with family members why don't you credit at least some of the rooms to their accounts? There are ways to combine those points later and you'd be getting lot more points with the 10k-like promotions.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
2 Free nights with Chase Visa

Hi,

This is my first stay/induciton into the Hyatt world, looking very much forward to my free stays at Park Hyatt Beijing and Shanghai (both my partner and I got Chase visas!) -- a couple of quesitons:

1. If the two nights are under my name and I travel with a Diamond member, can we still get Diamond benefits? What if I can source the Diamond Suite Upgrade cert?

2. While at the hotel, is it possible to get upgrades or additional ammenities with Hyatt Points, similar to SPG?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by latinrusso
Hi,

This is my first stay/induciton into the Hyatt world, looking very much forward to my free stays at Park Hyatt Beijing and Shanghai (both my partner and I got Chase visas!) -- a couple of quesitons:

1. If the two nights are under my name and I travel with a Diamond member, can we still get Diamond benefits? What if I can source the Diamond Suite Upgrade cert?

2. While at the hotel, is it possible to get upgrades or additional ammenities with Hyatt Points, similar to SPG?

Many thanks!
Greetings!

It's our Ambassador pleasure to assist

First up though the reservation will be in your name I would personally recommend you make sure both names are on your reservation including the Diamond member.
Because your partners Gold Passport account number will not be able to be on the reservation at anytime as it is your non elite booking be sure your Diamond traveling companion brings their Diamond elite card to show proof at check in. It has been my understanding that most of the hotels will always rise to the occasion to extend all Diamond elite published benefits as long as the Diamond member is present with you at check in.

As far as a suite upgrade is concerned that would be totally at the discretion of the hotel at the time of check in as we are speaking of an award reservation and the Chase credit card offer only entitles the Diamond member who enrolls in the credit card a confirmed suite upgrade. In addition confirmable suite upgrades from a Diamond members account is only good on revenue rooms which in this case it’s not.

Once again be sure your travelling
companion brings their Diamond VIP card with them at check in for clarification

Welcome to the new Hyatt Gold Passport Credit card and Hyatt Gold Passport ^
Many Gold Passport points!
Have a great stay you are in great hands with Hyatt and Gold Passport

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 16, 2010 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by todorovic
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

If you are traveling with family members why don't you credit at least some of the rooms to their accounts? There are ways to combine those points later and you'd be getting lot more points with the 10k-like promotions.
Basically just people from business i'm traveling with and i'm the only hyatt memeber. But its been good as all rooms have been getting club lounge access and free internet. My first stay credited and strangely enough they gave me alot of base points, total for 3 rooms, but only 1 welcome amenity bonus. When i call GP for the 5000 bonus points and GX bonus should i get them to give me base points equivalent of 5 rooms?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by todorovic

Basically just people from business i'm traveling with and i'm the only hyatt memeber. But its been good as all rooms have been getting club lounge access and free internet. My first stay credited and strangely enough they gave me alot of base points, total for 3 rooms, but only 1 welcome amenity bonus. When i call GP for the 5000 bonus points and GX bonus should i get them to give me base points equivalent of 5 rooms which was what i booked/paid for?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:28 am

Basically just people from business i'm traveling with and i'm the only hyatt memeber. But its been good as all rooms have been getting club lounge access and free internet. My first stay credited and strangely enough they gave me alot of base points, total for 3 rooms, but only 1 welcome amenity bonus. When i call GP for the 5000 bonus points and GX bonus should i get them to give me base points equivalent of 5 rooms which was what i booked/paid for?
Greetings mjh69

You may wish to be aware if I understand your question clearly that Gold Passport terms and conditions state that only up to 3 room rooms on eligible rate plans may earn stay credit in the Gold Passport program.In order to do so you must occupy one of the rooms and make payment for all 3 rooms.Should Gold Passport choose to offer you points for more then 3 rooms that would be a good will gesture that I doubt they would extend to you based on the current rules.They simply have no obligation to issue points beyond the promise of 3 rooms that would be eligible.

Only one Diamond welcome amenity point bonus applies per stay regardless of the amount of rooms booked.I hope you find this post helpful to you.

Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Dec 16, 2010 at 10:07 am
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Basically just people from business i'm traveling with and i'm the only hyatt memeber. But its been good as all rooms have been getting club lounge access and free internet. My first stay credited and strangely enough they gave me alot of base points, total for 3 rooms, but only 1 welcome amenity bonus. When i call GP for the 5000 bonus points and GX bonus should i get them to give me base points equivalent of 5 rooms?
I believe that you can only credit the base points of 3 rooms to your account. As well as only 1 Gx , 1 Welcome amenity , and 1 of whatever special bonus is running. IMO, the property was already quite generous is granting Diamond perks to all 5 rooms (I've never tried for more than 2 rooms - and was successful in all cases except for 1).
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 30, 2013 at 3:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.