Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
I have never stayed at any of the Hyatt hotels before and my company has just booked a stay for my training for 8 weeks in a Hyatt. Would this stay be eligible to earn points? thanks in advance for the help.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by nanirina
I have never stayed at any of the Hyatt hotels before and my company has just booked a stay for my training for 8 weeks in a Hyatt. Would this stay be eligible to earn points? thanks in advance for the help.
As long as you are paying for the room directly the answer would be yes
Rooms being paid by the company directly or master billed to them to the best of my understanding would be a no go for points.
Welcome to Hyatt Hotels ^
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
2 suite upgrades used for separate rooms.

Can you use 2 suite upgrades for 2 separate rooms at the same hotel? I read over the T&C and could not find anywhere that showed otherwise. The rooms would be for the same travel date.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by rookie10
Can you use 2 suite upgrades for 2 separate rooms at the same hotel? I read over the T&C and could not find anywhere that showed otherwise. The rooms would be for the same travel date.
Thanks for the interesting question
As I understand the answer is yes to that providing both rooms have the availability to be upgraded too,the rooms are both in your name/the diamond member and you are the one checking into both of them.
Cheers
Old Feb 21, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Compensation for closed spa?

Decided to take a spa vacation with family this week.
Website said spa was under renovations but services
were still available. After checkin
we inquired about spa services and was told
they were getting ready to open new spa this
week so no spa services are available
during our stay. I was offered 2500 points.
Also regency club is closed but was compensated
2500 points and 20.00 per person room credit.
The spa was a huge part of our getaway and
We're now stuck at indoor pool filled with kids
running around. If I had this info we would've book later
in week to enjoy the new spa.

Last edited by shaker58; Feb 21, 2012 at 9:47 am
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by shaker58
Decided to take a spa vacation with family this week.
Website said spa was under renovations but services
were still available. After checkin
we inquired about spa services and was told
they were getting ready to open new spa this
week so no spa services are available
during our stay. I was offered 2500 points.
Also regency club is closed but was compensated
2500 points and 20.00 per person room credit.
The spa was a huge part of our getaway and
We're now stuck at indoor pool filled with kids
running around. If I had this info we would've book later
in week to enjoy the new spa.

Sounds like a call to Hyatt Consumer Affairs may be in order
If a hotel promises something in writing that’s important to my very reason for staying it had better not offer me 7 dollars worth of GP points after arrival as case closed.

That’s goods and services not delivered as reasonably promised
I would first discuss with the GM/front office manager and second Consumer Affairs
There are more options to pursue however that is a reasonable place to start.

My other thoughts are with the more recent devaluation of GP points for redemption that’s not very much these days even if that might be sufficient to you.
The website was misleading and not factual.At a Hilton Hotel that typically would result in refund or at the very least a free night voucher for use in any of their hotels within the brand.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 23, 2012 at 4:49 am
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:52 am

I want to reserve 4 nights reward stay at the Hong Kong Hyatt Regency TST (cat. 4) by transferring my Chase Ultimate points to the Hyatt Gold Passport.
How can I be sure that the reward stay is available before the transfer?
I have only 56K Ultimate Reward Points so I need 4000 more points. Can I buy points from the Hyatt? My trip to Hong Kong is in mid May. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Since you'd like to buy the points anyway, and that will require a call to customer service, why don't you give them a call and ask about availability at the same time you make the purchase?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
I want to reserve 4 nights reward stay at the Hong Kong Hyatt Regency TST (cat. 4) by transferring my Chase Ultimate points to the Hyatt Gold Passport.
How can I be sure that the reward stay is available before the transfer?
I have only 56K Ultimate Reward Points so I need 4000 more points. Can I buy points from the Hyatt? My trip to Hong Kong is in mid May. Thanks!
You may buy the points or consider stay certificates based on availability
Which may be a better value than buying GP points from Hyatt
Chase may also possibly sell points as well if I remeber correctly
Check all options to see what suits you best
Stay certificate needed is "INSPIRE"
You might wish to save the points for another future stay
Have a great stay
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Any idea how the 2500GP/GP2500 code could have gotten onto my folio? My receipt has it listed. I certainly didn't apply it (it doesn't even seem that it is still valid) and no special rate was used (BRG). It was a 2 night stay at the Hyatt San Fran (not the airport). It doesn't appear that any additional points posted (in the brief 30 seconds I was actually able to get into the website tonight). I did have some problems at the hotel and thought maybe it was their way to toss some points at me for my troubles...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Any idea how the 2500GP/GP2500 code could have gotten onto my folio? My receipt has it listed. I certainly didn't apply it (it doesn't even seem that it is still valid) and no special rate was used (BRG). It was a 2 night stay at the Hyatt San Fran (not the airport). It doesn't appear that any additional points posted (in the brief 30 seconds I was actually able to get into the website tonight). I did have some problems at the hotel and thought maybe it was their way to toss some points at me for my troubles...
It can be several things:

1. points added as an apology for problems while there
2. closed regency club (can't be sure if this is the reason as I'm not sure which Hyatt you're talking about - there are several in SF)
3. local/property specific promo

Whatever it is, enjoy the extra points.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
is there an email for Diamond member asking for missing stay credit? or just use the email link of the Customer Service on Hyatt.com? Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
When you go into your account activity, there is a link at the bottom of the page for requesting missing stay credit.

Or, you could just call customer service and chances are, they will take care of it immediately.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by todorovic
It can be several things:

1. points added as an apology for problems while there
2. closed regency club (can't be sure if this is the reason as I'm not sure which Hyatt you're talking about - there are several in SF)
3. local/property specific promo

Whatever it is, enjoy the extra points.
Unfortunately, no extra points actually posted

Should have been more clear on the location, it was the HR San Fran (not the GH, not at the Wharf and not at the Airport). Regency Club was open (and spectacular) and as far as I can tell, there aren't any promos going on (none listed on the Hyatt website) and i didn't book a special rate that came with more points.

The apology thing seems the most likely, but does this mean I need to request the bonus points since they didn't credit automatically.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Why cant I check award avail?

I am planning to use my UR points for a Grand Hyatt Kauai (or Maui) vacation over xmas/new years, but cant check award availability online? First it said I needed 5K points, so I transfered 5K points. But it's still refusing me? Help? (and yes, I tried to call-in, but she kept trying to get me to book a paid stay and only gave me very basic info on awards - very annoying). Thanks much in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.