Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kenbo
If your stays at Santa Clara are booked on the weekends (Fri-Sun) then the lounge is closed. It's accessible for drinks and snacks but there are no breakfast and evening food options. As a Diamond member, you will get free full breakfast in the restaurant to compensate AND you'll receive 2500 bonus points.

I believe HR Irvine is the same way, although I've never stayed there. Keep in mind that properties without a lounge will give you free full breakfast but no bonus points.
Weekdays only, but thanks for the suggestions
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Just posted a review that is a combination of my first stay at the Hyatt Santa Clara as well as a my first stay as a Diamond (via Diamond trial), if anyone is interested:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17856168-post192.html
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Well just wanted to give a comment to you - it's probably better that you revive the "old" thread rather than post in this thread since you found the "old" one already and the subject matches almost perfectly. This thread is not really meant to be a catch all for all subject if there is a "home" that you know it should go in. The purpose of this thread is mainly for forum "newbies" (I know you are quite new but you've definitely found your way around ^ ) so that they can post in an "un-intimidating" atmosphere as they learn there way around the forum. If too much goes into this forum, then the organization for the forum becomes meaningless and pretty soon information won't be able to be found.
Mod request sent to move it over to that thread. Some people on some boards find it taboo to revive long dead threads
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Mod request sent to move it over to that thread. Some people on some boards find it taboo to revive long dead threads
Jasonvr many of us really appreciate you revisiting this very important topic up that absolutely needs discussion^ I think it is a fantastic idea to revive a thread that shows a historical pattern that hasn't been addressed by the Hyatt in significant time.

Our moderator PeteropNY continues to assist our community with the best organization possible so we may all be able to find/search the information content so valuable to us all.Have great gratitude for his service.

Having said that primarily the Newbie Forum is typically for anyone especially new Hyatt members to ask any questions that arise.Of course all members and Ambassadors look forward to assisting.
More importantly thank you for your ongoing support of the Hyatt forum
Cheers
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM (5,000mi per week); HH DM; HY DM, MRT PM
Regency club award room?

So I am a Diamond finally using some of my Gold points on a vacation.

I'm looking at the Regency in Scottsdale, and they have some availability in my dates. However, they have one general room rate at 54,000 points and another Regency Club room rate for 66,000 points.

Since I am already a Diamond, I would have access I assume to whatever amenities there are on the higher room rate. Any reason at all to spend the extra ponts?

Thanks,
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by xfrog42
So I am a Diamond finally using some of my Gold points on a vacation.

I'm looking at the Regency in Scottsdale, and they have some availability in my dates. However, they have one general room rate at 54,000 points and another Regency Club room rate for 66,000 points.

Since I am already a Diamond, I would have access I assume to whatever amenities there are on the higher room rate. Any reason at all to spend the extra ponts?

Thanks,
Congrats on becoming a Diamond member!

You should be automatically upgraded to the Regency Club rooms so there is no reason to spend the extra points. Same goes for when you're booking a paid stay.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Chase Credit Card Q - For a platinum member who received two suite upgrades... when using on a paid stay as a plat, will they receive club access? Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlee
Chase Credit Card Q - For a platinum member who received two suite upgrades... when using on a paid stay as a plat, will they receive club access? Thanks!
No suite upgrades alone will not receive access unless using a Platinum extra certificate based on availability.You can also pay up.
There are very few hotels (rare) when club access is granted when confirmed in a suite.
Suite upgrades typically can't be earned by Platinum members and Diamond suite upgrades are not transferrable to my understanding
How are you upgrading if you don't mind sharing?
Cheers
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:07 pm

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Signing up for the Chase Rewards Card gives two free suite upgrades as well as two free nights for those who are already plat.

Can you then ask to be upgraded to a regency club room as I care more about the club access (breakfast) than just a larger room...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
You can always ask and you may be better off trying to arrange beforehand. My suggestion would be to call the hotel and see what they can offer.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sarahlee
Signing up for the Chase Rewards Card gives two free suite upgrades as well as two free nights for those who are already plat.

Can you then ask to be upgraded to a regency club room as I care more about the club access (breakfast) than just a larger room...
Thanks for the reminder I became aware of that fact after calling Chase to verify late last night.Good to know!
I haven't been Platinum in GP since the 90s
To answer your question technically no but its a question you might wish to ask
the front office manager politely and nicely to see if an exception could be made
It would be unfair to set such an expectation though
Many Hyatts have been known to go the extra mile for their customers when possible.
Cheers
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
I'm fairly new to Hyatt Gold Passport and just got Diamond via OWMD challenge. I have been trying to redeem points for several properties in Japan but I get the following message when searching for 3 adults:
"The number of adults and/or children you have selected exceeds the maximum allowed per room."
So it seems as though only basic level rooms are available. I did try alternate dates as well. For category 5, like HR Kyoto, Gold Passport Award Twin Room is available for 18,000 pts. How can I find out when 22,000 redemption is available? There seems to be availability for paid stays, is that from a different inventory?

Is PH Tokyo the best use of the free suite awards in Japan? This might be a subjective question, maybe not...
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by monnyc
I'm fairly new to Hyatt Gold Passport and just got Diamond via OWMD challenge. I have been trying to redeem points for several properties in Japan but I get the following message when searching for 3 adults:
"The number of adults and/or children you have selected exceeds the maximum allowed per room."
So it seems as though only basic level rooms are available. I did try alternate dates as well. For category 5, like HR Kyoto, Gold Passport Award Twin Room is available for 18,000 pts. How can I find out when 22,000 redemption is available? There seems to be availability for paid stays, is that from a different inventory?

Is PH Tokyo the best use of the free suite awards in Japan? This might be a subjective question, maybe not...
Welcome to Hyatt Gold Passport^
First it is best to call Gold Passport when booking more complex reservations
Typically they have the training and ability to contact the hotel and or explain the rules that may vary property to property.

In my own experience rooms in Tokyo
, London and Paris are only the most basic standard rooms which in my own experience are usually limited to 2 guests per room.
When booking suites with the 3 nights in a suite award that will change the occupancy allowance.
Suite awards are going to be great in properties like Park Hyatt Tokyo and the Grand Hyatt.
First call Gold Passport see if the property of interest is participating andf available for your dates. Then make sure the property and location appeals to you.
As you state much of it is all subjective/personal taste

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 14, 2012 at 10:06 pm
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
[B]Welcome to Hyatt Gold Passport^
When booking suites with the 3 nights in a suite award that will change the occupancy allowance.
Thank you for your welcome and response. I did call Gold Passport and booked a suite. Strange thing is that at first I was told it was not available for my date, then I asked for others and finally she confirmed my original date. I was told the site was in maintenance after 10pm, so the call took 45+ min as she had to do it manually.Hopefully my next booking will go a bit faster than that.
I am just curious about the 3 nights in a suite award you mentioned, I receive two as part of the cc sign-up bonus...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by monnyc
Thank you for your welcome and response. I did call Gold Passport and booked a suite. Strange thing is that at first I was told it was not available for my date, then I asked for others and finally she confirmed my original date. I was told the site was in maintenance after 10pm, so the call took 45+ min as she had to do it manually.Hopefully my next booking will go a bit faster than that.
I am just curious about the 3 nights in a suite award you mentioned, I receive two as part of the cc sign-up bonus...
That's great news.Congratulations on your booking ^
Sorry to hear about the frustration and wait
The 3 nights in a suite is when redeeming Gold Passport Points having nothing to do with the credit card sign up offer you are aware of
Most hotels offer it with some exceptions........

Like any reservation center Gold Passport has some bumps in the road
I can say that is more likely an isolated incident as Hyatt reservations remain consistently above industry average on the whole
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.