Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:40 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Post your planned dates and I'll have a look for you
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by hilmar
I am planning to use my UR points for a Grand Hyatt Kauai (or Maui) vacation over xmas/new years, but cant check award availability online? First it said I needed 5K points, so I transfered 5K points. But it's still refusing me? Help? (and yes, I tried to call-in, but she kept trying to get me to book a paid stay and only gave me very basic info on awards - very annoying). Thanks much in advance!
You can check award availability by using a proxy - if the base entry room at the property is available for revenue booking, it should be available for award booking.

For Kauai the base room is either Garden View King / Two Beds. For Maui it's Resort View Double / King.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny
You can check award availability by using a proxy - if the base entry room at the property is available for revenue booking, it should be available for award booking.

For Kauai the base room is either Garden View King / Two Beds. For Maui it's Resort View Double / King.
Thanks! I was hoping for club or a suite ;-) Can I check that? And if not, why not? (sorry, first Hyatt booking ever :-D)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Post your planned dates and I'll have a look for you
Wow, thanks!

Anywhere between Dev 21 and Jan 5, 5-7 nights. I'm very flexible, especially if I can get a suite :-D
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by hilmar
Thanks! I was hoping for club or a suite ;-) Can I check that? And if not, why not? (sorry, first Hyatt booking ever :-D)
Club / Suite awards cannot be checked online (by anyone - including myself) - availability can only be gotten via Customer Service - either a call or you can try to Private Message the Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:36 pm

Club / Suite awards cannot be checked online (by anyone - including myself) - availability can only be gotten via Customer Service - either a call or you can try to Private Message the Gold Passport Concierge here on Flyertalk.
Ahh, ok. I guess I'm used to almost everything being possible online :-D Thanks much for the prompt reply!!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:45 pm

Sorry - I'm mistaken - Club awards can be checked online (since basically any room can be made a Club room since it's Club access "only"). Suite awards aren't available online (suites do not consistently show even for revenue bookings) since property usually control these pretty closely.

Back to your question, Kauai in a "base" room is available your entire period - Club award is available at the beginning and end of your period (problem is probably New Year's Eve). Maui shows no award availability the entire period.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Thanks 777 global mile hound

I spoke to front desk manager at checkout was comped one night and additional 30.00 off bill. I thought that was very fair. They tried to charge resort fee twice since I used a suite upgrade and had 2 rooms and I questioned it they took off resort fee on upgraded room. I used suite upgrade before and was never charged twice for resort fee.

Last edited by shaker58; Feb 22, 2012 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:04 am

Thanks for the update

Originally Posted by shaker58
Thanks 777 global mile hound

I spoke to front desk manager at checkout was comped one night and additional 30.00 off bill. I thought that was very fair. They tried to charge resort fee twice since I used a suite upgrade and had 2 rooms and I questioned it they took off resort fee on upgraded room. I used suite upgrade before and was never charged twice for resort fee.
My pleasure to assist
Billing errors happen at numerous Hyatts or any hotel brand for that matter.
Its how they fix the problems that matter and in a timely manner.
I am thrilled the hotel stepped up to the plate and made things right for you.
Full service Hyatt Hotels typically impress me regardless of the bumps in the road.
Off topic
I'd like to see Hyatt Place/all limited service Hyatt brands make some serious improvements with Guest/Brand assurance in the coming future.
It would go a long way to for my own business and those who I refer globally when seeking limited service properties of trust.
Have had some great stays too in Hyatt limited service properties though to be clear just far from consistent standards in the full service brands
Cheers
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Hi all,

First time ever even looking in the Hyatt forum.

Might have a stay coming up and am trying to see what the best way for me to maximize points on my first stay (only 1 night). Are there any promotions out there for new Hyatt point members? Referral bonus, etc?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Hi all,

First time ever even looking in the Hyatt forum.

Might have a stay coming up and am trying to see what the best way for me to maximize points on my first stay (only 1 night). Are there any promotions out there for new Hyatt point members? Referral bonus, etc?
Welcome to the Hyatt forum and Gold Passport ^
There is the current GP promotion running however it requires multiple nights
Of at least 4 nights.(see thread in this forum)

If you stick with Hyatt and become top tier IMO you will find excellent recognition at the hotels for far less nights when compared to Marriott
Regretfully Hyatts promotional opportunities are far diminished from it's once great past.Many members are upset about this that I hear from with some leaving the program.

It's of my opinion you will still be impressed and I think Hyatt will eventually return with some blockbuster promotions over time
I can't believe the fat lady has sung for this otherwise great program
Cheers

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 24, 2012 at 4:45 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Having the Hyatt Credit Card for 75 a year will that allow free internet on
Priceline/Hotwire reservations?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boycruz
Having the Hyatt Credit Card for 75 a year will that allow free internet on
Priceline/Hotwire reservations?

Thanks!
Since having the credit card makes you a platinum GP member, and since platinum GP members get free internet when staying at the hotel, the answer is yes. Hyatt honors in-hotel status privileges regardless of how the stay is booked.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:14 am

I have SPG Gold, Hilton Gold and Marriott Silver. Does anyone know if Hyatt has a status match? If so, what would I receive? Presently I have Hyatt Gold.

thanks in advance
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:35 pm

Greetings from Singapore

Originally Posted by metoo
I have SPG Gold, Hilton Gold and Marriott Silver. Does anyone know if Hyatt has a status match? If so, what would I receive? Presently I have Hyatt Gold.

thanks in advance
Appreciate the question
Hyatt no longer does status matches to Platinum and Diamond
To the best of my current understanding they do offer status challenges
For more information please see past challenge threads or call the good folks at Hyatt Gold Passport who can offer you the latest most up to date details on any available challenge
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.