Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:32 pm

just wanna say:

itīs very bad that only US-persons get the two nights free, because european canīt activate a credit card in the us :-(

i would wish that this offers will also be able to us by european...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cs1985
just wanna say:

itīs very bad that only US-persons get the two nights free, because european canīt activate a credit card in the us :-(

i would wish that this offers will also be able to us by european...
CS1985, welcome to Flyertalk. I sympathize with your criticism but it doesn't belong in this thread, which is intended to post (and get flame-free answers to) questions about the Hyatt program. Your thought might be better received if posted here:

The Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:43 pm

ok, i paste it there :-)
thx
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:49 pm

Cancel Award Stay - Hyatt

Hello All,

Is there a fee and is it possible to cancel an award stay and have the points deposited back into your Gold Passport account?

Thank you,
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

No fee to cancel an award stay (before cancellation deadline noted in res), just call GP or PM GP concierge here on FT. Points go back into account, normally automatically, sometimes needing a little prod (again call or my preference is PM)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:39 pm

Thank you!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
A bit of a newbie question: I am planning to attend a conference at a Hyatt. As a Diamond Passport member, am I entitled to suite upgrade and/or base upgrade if the hotel is being paid for as part of my conference fee?

I don't even have a Hyatt confirmation number -- just confirmation from the conference that I'm booked. I paid for the 'base' room with the assumption that I would get upgraded when I arrive. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:12 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Sam_AE
A bit of a newbie question: I am planning to attend a conference at a Hyatt. As a Diamond Passport member, am I entitled to suite upgrade and/or base upgrade if the hotel is being paid for as part of my conference fee?

I don't even have a Hyatt confirmation number -- just confirmation from the conference that I'm booked. I paid for the 'base' room with the assumption that I would get upgraded when I arrive. Is this a reasonable assumption?
You are entitled to an upgrade based on availability.
Make sure your name is on the reservation.If you cant see the reservation before arrival you may wish to call the hotel
Suites are not a benefit of Hyatt Gold Passport unless a hotel decides to be generous with a good will gesture which will widely vary property to property
Suites may be confirmed in advance 4 times a year when available at the time of revenue booking and booked through Hyatts preferred eligible booking channels
Have a nice stay
Cheers
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:39 pm

Question about rate types. Here is my scenario:

Avia Savannah in June on Government rate 6/9 - 6/16 (Sat - Sat) no problem, rate comes up as available.

If I change the dates to 6/12 - 6/16 (Tues - Sat) the website tells me that the rate is unavailable for the dates selected.

Is this a Hyatt website issue or is there something that I don't understand about the rate rules? I wouldn't think there would be a minimum length of stay to book a Government rate.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That is very odd, and I would call to find out if there was an issue or some sort of minimum requirement for those days.

I've seen it happen when trying to book, for example, a 1 night stay when the hotel is requiring 2 night stays minimum.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Rate lower after booking

When I booked my AAA rate it was 301 a night. Rate went up over 400 per night since then. I was playing around with dates and for the last 4 nights the
rate went down 50.00 per night to 250. The first 3 night the hotel is booked and no rates are available. Would Hyatt adjust the rate for the last 4 nights?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shaker58
When I booked my AAA rate it was 301 a night. Rate went up over 400 per night since then. I was playing around with dates and for the last 4 nights the
rate went down 50.00 per night to 250. The first 3 night the hotel is booked and no rates are available. Would Hyatt adjust the rate for the last 4 nights?
Was just told by hyatt passport that they can't adjust rate since I used a suite
upgrade certificate. She told me to call hotel to see if they would adjust rate.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:41 am

double post

Last edited by cs1985; Mar 22, 2012 at 3:46 pm Reason: Double Post
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You asked this question in post #948 and it's been answered.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BA, VS, CO, WN, AA
Chase CC Question

Hi there,

I'm a complete newbie to Hyatt, but have a work trip in mid April where I was lucky enough to get a room at a Hyatt within company policy. After booking the room, I signed up for the GP program, and I applied for the Chase card and was instantly approved. It now appears in my Chase.com but I haven't received/used the card yet.

I know I need to use the card to get the 2 free nights, but do I need to use it before the upgrade to Platinum will occur? Approximately how long does the upgrade take? Is it realistic to expect it to occur by the time of my Hyatt stay (checking in on April 9th).

Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.