Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:01 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by todorovic
Unfortunately for you this is not true.

According to the HGP T&Cs you can earn points for up to 3 rooms. Here is the relevant quote:
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
I make the reservations in my name, and at check on, the actual guest ID is shown and their name is added. Depending on the hotel, they will then cross charge all rooms to mine (kind of a mini master bill) or just leave my name on each room and charge to my card.

I suppose you could also prepay, but I have never done so. I think the main thing is to get a good hotel contact up front, to assist you with issues on the backend.
thanks for the info and advise ^
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by todorovic
Unfortunately for you this is not true.

According to the HGP T&Cs you can earn points for up to 3 rooms. Here is the relevant quote:
Sorry for the misinformation. I guess I didn't understand as much as I though I did.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:46 pm

Anybody have experience with the Hyatt bonus for transferring 50,000 points? Mine hasn't shown up yet, curious if it posts separately.

On 4/8/13:
Request Details:

Airline: Southwest Airlines
Frequent Flyer #: (xxxx)
Points to Convert: 50,000
Airline Miles: 24,000

The 24,000 showed up in my RR on 4/15.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:55 pm

Is it possible to do a mattress run at the same hotel for consecutive days? For example, I'm staying Mon-Fri, but I make separate reservations for each day, and I check in and out of the hotel every day. Would this count for 4 separate stays? Is this frowned upon?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
Is it possible to do a mattress run at the same hotel for consecutive days? For example, I'm staying Mon-Fri, but I make separate reservations for each day, and I check in and out of the hotel every day. Would this count for 4 separate stays? Is this frowned upon?
That won't work. All of those reservations will be combined into 1 stay. You have to leave the hotel to actually break the stay.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:13 pm

Question re Diamond Challenge

My wife should have some Hyatt stays coming up, so I'd like to sign her up for a platinum challenge. Do you have to have any status with another chain to sign up for the challenge? (She has Gold with Hilton through the Hilton reserve cc if that helps/matters?) Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:15 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Numerous times per year (total of some 30 stays) I stay at Hilton properties with payment on a master contract. Hilton HHonors will not credit me for any of these stays since I did not pay myself. However, my meeting this time is at a Hyatt; will Hyatt give me points if my client is footing the bill? If so, I am going to push for stays at Hyatts for our group.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
My wife should have some Hyatt stays coming up, so I'd like to sign her up for a platinum challenge. Do you have to have any status with another chain to sign up for the challenge? (She has Gold with Hilton through the Hilton reserve cc if that helps/matters?) Thanks!
I'm assuming that you are interested in the Diamond challenge, right? If so, yes, your wife would need status with a different chain (not all count but Hilton gold should be good) and will have to show some stays on her account in the last year (which may be an issue if the status is from the credit card spend).
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by relangford
Numerous times per year (total of some 30 stays) I stay at Hilton properties with payment on a master contract. Hilton HHonors will not credit me for any of these stays since I did not pay myself. However, my meeting this time is at a Hyatt; will Hyatt give me points if my client is footing the bill? If so, I am going to push for stays at Hyatts for our group.
I'm afraid that you may be out of luck as the rules are very similar (and I think that's the case across all major chains). Please see the relevant section of the T&Cs below:

3. In order for a Hyatt Gold Passport member to receive Hyatt Gold Passport points, the bill for charges must be in that member's name and member must personally pay for all charges. A member's membership number cannot be used by anyone else in order to accrue Hyatt Gold Passport points, benefits, promotion credits or upgraded membership status. A Hyatt Gold Passport member will only receive points for all qualifying charges after the member completes his/her stay and is checked out of the hotel. If you are not properly credited for your stay, you may claim an adjustment within 1 year of the checkout date by completing a past stay credit request on goldpassport.com or contacting a Worldwide Reservation Center.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:50 pm

If I make reservations as a Diamond, but my status expires before my stay will I receive Diamond benefits as a Diamond or at my current membership level?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:46 am

Corporate Booking??

Not a newbie but thought it might be helpful to ask here.....
What happens with a corp stay where company is paying?
Will give GP Diamond # at check in --
Will I get stay credit (thinking not)? Not really concerned about earning points
Will I get Diamond amenity? I usually request point, if I don't get stay credit wondering how will I get points for amenity (confusing)
I'm assuming will get Diamond breakfast either way.
TIA
Carolyn
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by keirnna
If I make reservations as a Diamond, but my status expires before my stay will I receive Diamond benefits as a Diamond or at my current membership level?
current membership level. works the same in reverse, if you qualify for a higher status level you will get those benefits at the time of stay.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:43 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by keirnna
The above statement is correct but Hyatt attaches your status at the time of reservation. So if the reservation is not "touched" by anyone (yourself, Hyatt, or the property itself), there is a chance that they would think you are still a Diamond at checkin. But it's an issue that's out of your control and you're not really entitled to the perks anyways so if you do it's a bonus, YMMV.

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Not a newbie but thought it might be helpful to ask here.....
What happens with a corp stay where company is paying?
Will give GP Diamond # at check in --
Will I get stay credit (thinking not)? Not really concerned about earning points
Will I get Diamond amenity? I usually request point, if I don't get stay credit wondering how will I get points for amenity (confusing)
I'm assuming will get Diamond breakfast either way.
TIA
Carolyn
Technically, no stay credit for a master billed stay but if you have incidentals, the chance goes up. You are entitled to status perks on all stays including the Diamond amenity points(although probably won't post automatically especially if you don't have any incidentals) and breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by peteropny
The above statement is correct but Hyatt attaches your status at the time of reservation. So if the reservation is not "touched" by anyone (yourself, Hyatt, or the property itself), there is a chance that they would think you are still a Diamond at checkin.
I would say that this chance is very slim to non-existing for the regular status update each year.

I've made a bunch of reservations before the yearly status change and none were changed by me after. But all showed my current status on checkin.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:14 pm

Need clarification

Originally Posted by peteropny
The above statement is correct but Hyatt attaches your status at the time of reservation. So if the reservation is not "touched" by anyone (yourself, Hyatt, or the property itself), there is a chance that they would think you are still a Diamond at checkin. But it's an issue that's out of your control and you're not really entitled to the perks anyways so if you do it's a bonus, YMMV.

Technically, no stay credit for a master billed stay but if you have incidentals, the chance goes up. You are entitled to status perks on all stays including the Diamond amenity points(although probably won't post automatically especially if you don't have any incidentals) and breakfast.

So I'll make sure that Mike charges "something" to the room ie. tip for breakfast since he'll get that since he's diamond. If he gets stay credit we'll look at it as "a bonus". I'll have him get a copy of folio (if possible) when he checks out so he'll get the 1000 diamond amenity points since it's always needed.
Thanks
Carolyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.