Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Hi Folks,

I think the answer may be in this long thread somewhere but I haven't found it after searching, so pardon me if it has been asked.

I noticed the hotel I am looking to book is willing to sell a suite but not available for award. Of course I understand that a suite may be available for revenue but not for award; but I was also told that there were no suites available, period, when I contacted the hotel reservation directly and asked. I was told they were not available at all due to renovation. So it obviously doesn't jive.

That said, is there an easy way to find out if suites are available (via online) for award booking for any period of time (i.e. minimum of 3 nights).

Thanks.
I'm not completely clear of the situation but Ill assume if I understand correctly you contacted the hotel.
I would call back the hotel and ask to speak to the rooms exec or front office manger who can clear up the confusion and see exactly
what inventory may or many not be available for your dates
Cheers
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I'm not completely clear of the situation but Ill assume if I understand correctly you contacted the hotel.
I would call back the hotel and ask to speak to the rooms exec or front office manger who can clear up the confusion and see exactly
what inventory may or many not be available for your dates
Cheers
I can certainly do that, but more specifically, is it possible to see the suites award availability online?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I can certainly do that, but more specifically, is it possible to see the suites award availability online?
No suite availability for award cannot be seen online typically
Even in hotels that have suites for revenue may or may not be available to be seen online
I just booked a luxury suite recently and that suite category doesn't even appear online at all.
It is sold by the sales office on property separate from in house reservations or in central reservations
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
Perhaps a dumb question.. Does one get diamond amenity points on award stays? I stayed at two Hyatt Places and one Regency recently, and got a 1k amenity at the HR but nothing at the 2x HP's.. Just curious if I got a bonus from the Regency or if I should have gotten points at all 3. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:02 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hi onefatsurfer, you do earn Diamond amenity points on awards stays. If you would like to PM us your details I would be more than happy to assist with getting your points posted for your Hyatt Place stays.

Thanks,

Brock S.
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
Perhaps a dumb question.. Does one get diamond amenity points on award stays? I stayed at two Hyatt Places and one Regency recently, and got a 1k amenity at the HR but nothing at the 2x HP's.. Just curious if I got a bonus from the Regency or if I should have gotten points at all 3. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:22 am

Lightbulb Bonus Points for the bonus points

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
Thanks for the question and your loyalty to Hyatt
Agreed one gets the bonus points at all eligible participating properties for Diamond members which include both Hyatt Place and the Hyatt Regency properties.
Please be aware that one of the nice benefits for Gold Passport members is when the amenity point bonus don't post on their own there is a goodwill gesture bonus the Gold Passport folks will post to your account in addition to the expected amenity points ^
Most agents will do this without asking however a select group need to be politely reminded as they may forget

Cheers
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi onefatsurfer, you do earn Diamond amenity points on awards stays. If you would like to PM us your details I would be more than happy to assist with getting your points posted for your Hyatt Place stays.

Thanks,

Brock S.
PM'ed. Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the question and your loyalty to Hyatt
Agreed one gets the bonus points at all eligible participating properties for Diamond members which include both Hyatt Place and the Hyatt Regency properties.
Please be aware that one of the nice benefits for Gold Passport members is when the amenity point bonus don't post on their own there is a goodwill gesture bonus the Gold Passport folks will post to your account in addition to the expected amenity points ^
Most agents will do this without asking however a select group need to be politely reminded as they may forget

Cheers
That is awesome. Thanks for the info ^^
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:00 am

Newbie question: If I book using a corporate code, do I still get points and does it still count as a qualified stay for status?

TIA
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes...
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:38 am

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Keep in mind you're in the newbie lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I didn't have much more to offer.... the answer is still yes :-).
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:56 am

Fair enough! Either way, I do appreciate the reply!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by seven6zero
Fair enough! Either way, I do appreciate the reply!
you really asked a yes or no question. just about every corporate code I have seen allows for points to count. Im sure there are exceptions, but they seem limited.

The main way to ensure you DONT get points is to book a stay through a site that isnt hyatt.com. Always BRG and always book through hyatt.com
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:22 pm

Earlier I had posted asking whether I could use a suite upgrade (whether with a cert or with points) on a BRG.

But in the meantime the hyatt.com rate has come down so I guess there's no BRG possibility. But the rate is a prepaid rate. Can I apply a suite upgrade to a prepaid rate? (I know you are locked into PAYING; I wasn't sure if you're also locked into a particular ROOM.)

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2013, 7:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by crimson12
Earlier I had posted asking whether I could use a suite upgrade (whether with a cert or with points) on a BRG.

But in the meantime the hyatt.com rate has come down so I guess there's no BRG possibility. But the rate is a prepaid rate. Can I apply a suite upgrade to a prepaid rate? (I know you are locked into PAYING; I wasn't sure if you're also locked into a particular ROOM.)

Thanks!
You can use a diamond confirmed suite upgrade cert on a prepaid rate but not points, where you have to pay at least the lowest (at one resort properties for an upgraded room) Hyatt Daily Rate which is not prepaid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.