Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
Actually, it's the Andaz 5th Ave, and does that mean the "Andaz Rate" is sufficient? And how should I go about booking this? Thank you so much, it's a birthday trip for my son and he'd rather be on the sofa bed of the Andaz suite and have his space.
Yes Andaz Rate works. You'll need to call to make the reservation, you can't do any type of suite upgrade online (most suites cannot be reserved online anyways). You do know that at the Andaz 5th Ave - the normal suite upgrade books into a Large Loft (and not a true suite - see the review thread for this discussion).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes Andaz Rate works. You'll need to call to make the reservation, you can't do any type of suite upgrade online (most suites cannot be reserved online anyways). You do know that at the Andaz 5th Ave - the normal suite upgrade books into a Large Loft (and not a true suite - see the review thread for this discussion).
I've read the thread and Jonathan, the GM says that the option of the Large Loft or Andaz Suite should be present. Definitely the Suite would work better, but the Loft would still be nice. And surprisingly enough, it's bookable online. But I'd have to call, I guess. Thank you so much!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In fact, it's not out of the question at this hotel that you can get a discounted "large loft" room for less than the Hyatt Daily rate for a regular room, particularly if you're eligible for some sort of discount.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:54 pm

The only rate lower than the normal room I see is non-refundable, which we can't do. February weather in NY is unpredictable. The only other rate discount is AARP, which, thankfully, I'm not eligible for. AAA rate is not available. And if we could get the true suite as said by the GM, it would work well.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
The only rate lower than the normal room I see is non-refundable, which we can't do. February weather in NY is unpredictable. The only other rate discount is AARP, which, thankfully, I'm not eligible for. AAA rate is not available. And if we could get the true suite as said by the GM, it would work well.
Not that you have that suite taken care of, what can we do about that screen name
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:23 pm

Haha, I'm a semi-convert. Marriott for business, Hyatt for leisure, Hyatt for business when they have a kick "behind" promo
Old Jan 22, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold
Stacking Hyatt Closed RC Bonus

Is it possible to get two bonus' for the closed RC (code DN?) if you are there over two closures? For example the Irvine RC is closed on Sunday nights and I was there two Sunday nights. Will Hyatt give me 5,000 points for that or just the 2,500?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
One time only per stay. Of course, if you'd broken up your stay with 1 night mid-week elsewhere, you'd have two separate stays, each with an eligible club closure bonus. You may also want to appeal to a supervisor at Gold Passport, that you could have easily broken up your stay with a night at a competing property to get 2 stays out of it - tell us your results!

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Jan 23, 2011 at 12:43 am
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:27 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by CWW4
Is it possible to get two bonus' for the closed RC (code DN?) if you are there over two closures? For example the Irvine RC is closed on Sunday nights and I was there two Sunday nights. Will Hyatt give me 5,000 points for that or just the 2,500?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
One time only per stay. Of course, if you'd broken up your stay with 1 night mid-week elsewhere, you'd have two separate stays, each with an eligible club closure bonus. You may also want to appeal to a supervisor at Gold Passport, that you could have easily broken up your stay with a night at a competing property to get 2 stays out of it - tell us your results!
Welcome to Flyertalk and our Hyatt forum CWW4 - you are entitled to 5,000 since you were there on 2 Sundays (these are separate stays since they are obviously not on consecutive nights - I'm assuming you did not mean 2 rooms for the same Sunday night). I'm sure there are many here who have gotten much more than 2 x the DN for certain properties like Santa Clara.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Gold
Thanks for the welcome, I've been getting some good information from here for a while now.

I called and got the 2,500. Since it was one stay they said I was only eligible for the one bonus. I didn't push it, I netted about 15k points from the stay in total so I can't complain!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Grand Hyatt - Asia

A quick question. I should know this, but I don't.

Are companions free for Diamond members? I'm used to Intercontinental where they are, but can't find anything that addresses this on the Hyatt site. A bit of a price difference between booking for one or two people.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
A quick question. I should know this, but I don't.

Are companions free for Diamond members? I'm used to Intercontinental where they are, but can't find anything that addresses this on the Hyatt site. A bit of a price difference between booking for one or two people.
I have never been charged for a second person in a room within North America
Having said that there are some international properties where a second person
charge may apply.Japan for one.Redemption with points come in handy in those situations
I just book party of one and add the second name in the comments section
I have never been asked for extra as Diamond anywhere.
Anyone else find otherwise?
There seems to be some steep charges for a third person overseas and unlike Hilton which has or had a policy for Diamond members for two in a room.
Hyatt has no benefit for its good customers according to a Gold Passport agent this evening......

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 27, 2011 at 9:24 pm
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I have never been charged for a second person in a room within North America
Having said that there are some international properties where a second person
charge may apply.Japan for one.Redemption with points come in handy in those situations
I think in some European countries it's also common to charge more for a second person. I certainly encountered that in Germany, but the difference was only about 10 Euros/night.

There seems to be some steep charges for a third person overseas and unlike Hilton which has or had a policy for Diamond members for two in a room.
Hilton has a "spouse stays free" policy -- doesn't seem to even require elite status, just membership in HHonors.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/benefits.do

I used that in Japan. Just booked a room for one person and added "Please note: my wife will stay with me under spouse-stays-free policy" -- was no problem.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:12 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I think in some European countries it's also common to charge more for a second person. I certainly encountered that in Germany, but the difference was only about 10 Euros/night.

Hilton has a "spouse stays free" policy -- doesn't seem to even require elite status, just membership in HHonors.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/benefits.do

I used that in Japan. Just booked a room for one person and added "Please note: my wife will stay with me under spouse-stays-free policy" -- was no problem.
Correct
Thanks for mentioning that all HH members have their spouse free not just elite
Historically for years HH only allowed legally married couples
At some point they relaxed the requirement to be more politically correct with the word spouse A big improvement
How about whoever you want to bring along as your guest!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
What is the rough "ranking" of Hyatt brands from economy/limited service through full service and luxury?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.